• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Nyoro SF

I have a ton of trouble fighting Clarks online. It's really kill or be killed with that guy, with Kula I try to do reactionary jump-back B or with Kim on point I just kind of mash on lows and wait for him to jump Stupidity begets stupidity I guess.

N4Us

GC BiWeekly happening again tonight, 8 PST. The first night, KOF had more entrants than SF4 or Marvel! Don't know when or how much KOF will be shown, at least Top 4 usually

twitch.tv/finestko

Coopa

Neo Member
Yeah, the stream is now up. We're running casuals, and I know several of the South Town guys will be there as well as Ramnation. If you guys could help us out by retweeting or spreading the word, I'd appreciate it: www.twitch.tv/finestko

Fjxww.jpg

<3

Also I was just shown something pretty cool the other day. While characters have different get-up speeds, some moves ignore that and force the exact same wake-up for every character. Among those moves are EX Kyo's third rekka (qcf+A, qcf+A, P) and EX Iori's OTG EX move.

Would anyone mind linking me to some high level King and Terry gameplay vids? I dont know the names of some of the more well known players so I'm not sure who I should be searching for on youtube. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Veezy

que?
I just got the game for my PS3 and can't seem to get past basic canceling. I'm at Dragon movement punch intp QCF kick on the tutorial and it just wont work. Any tips?

Tizoc

Fjxww.jpg

<3

Also I was just shown something pretty cool the other day. While characters have different get-up speeds, some moves ignore that and force the exact same wake-up for every character. Among those moves are EX Kyo's third rekka (qcf+A, qcf+A, P) and EX Iori's OTG EX move.

Something about Kyo's body doesn't look right in that image...

More Raiden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWm0zHxAV_I&feature=relmfu#t=3m33s

Ah OK...so what do you think of EX Kyo so far?

I've been sticking with him despite thinking that regular Kyo was the better character, to the point I have now become more comfortable with EX Kyo actually. cr.B to close C is easier and overall pressure seems safer. Overall damage output isn't as good (except for HD combos) but cornering the opponent is easier, and it's really convenient to be able to use the same HD combos regardless of positioning. RED Kicks aren't really a big part of my game right now, but they have their uses I guess.

Also cr.D to rekka, that's just nasty.

STA's ranbat about to start. Good thing after the KOF finals at Civil War.

http://www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner

I have a ton of trouble fighting Clarks online. It's really kill or be killed with that guy, with Kula I try to do reactionary jump-back B or with Kim on point I just kind of mash on lows and wait for him to jump Stupidity begets stupidity I guess.

I think it is just matter a patience and general lameness, Pick a character with good, far-reaching normals and whiff punish. Expect Gatlings if he walking back not doing anything, punish on that block with that far reaching normals instead run up close c.

Nyoro SF

I think it is just matter a patience and general lameness, Pick a character with good, far-reaching normals and whiff punish. Expect Gatlings if he walking back not doing anything, punish on that block with that far reaching normals instead run up close c.

Indeed. I punish gatlings with st.B into BnB with Kim or close C OS throw with Kula that either leads into a throw or BnB depending on how close he is.

I usually get blown up by his throw more though. I have gotten into the habit of mashing on fast normals to stop him.

Indeed. I punish gatlings with st.B into BnB with Kim or close C OS throw with Kula that either leads into a throw or BnB depending on how close he is.

I usually get blown up by his throw more though. I have gotten into the habit of mashing on fast normals to stop him.

Kula should be close enough to stand b (maybe couch b to stand b too?) into dp, I think it should also recover fast enough to hold jump to evade the grab if he recovers fast enough.

I need to take some time to learn Chin. Other than mixing it up between jump-ins and empty jumps on his wake-up and not bothering to block low after a blocked close C, I don't know shit.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
It's official: Hellpockets vs Coopa FT10 $100 MM this weekend at Battle of the Capitol!
Hellpockets was tweeting about how broke he is... hope he wins.

More Raiden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWm0zHxAV_I&feature=relmfu#t=3m33s

I've been sticking with him despite thinking that regular Kyo was the better character, to the point I have now become more comfortable with EX Kyo actually. cr.B to close C is easier and overall pressure seems safer. Overall damage output isn't as good (except for HD combos) but cornering the opponent is easier, and it's really convenient to be able to use the same HD combos regardless of positioning. RED Kicks aren't really a big part of my game right now, but they have their uses I guess.

Also cr.D to rekka, that's just nasty.

I feel the exact same way.

Veezy

que?
So I finished the gauge tutorial, and I'm still not clear on drive cancels.

I could never get DP LP to drive cancel in QCF LK. However, when I did DP LP and just mashed LK, it worked. Did I do something wrong? Everything else worked just fine.

So I finished the gauge tutorial, and I'm still not clear on drive cancels.

I could never get DP LP to drive cancel in QCF LK. However, when I did DP LP and just mashed LK, it worked. Did I do something wrong? Everything else worked just fine.

No, you are doing it right. DP+LP, F+LK is how you usually Drive Cancel DPs to qcfs.

Veezy

que?
No, you are doing it right. DP+LP, F+LK is how you usually Drive Cancel DPs to qcfs.

Ah, thanks! Well, that's nice to know. I mean, not that I didn't need an hour of practicing DP and QCF on a stick.

Can any of you pros give me some tips? Maybe a team to start out with or a "here's not to be so much of a scrub" guide? I literally have never picked up KOF before and would like to at least be adequate.

Ah, thanks! Well, that's nice to know. I mean, not that I didn't need an hour of practicing DP and QCF on a stick.

Can any of you pros give me some tips? Maybe a team to start out with or a "here's not to be so much of a scrub" guide? I literally have never picked up KOF before and would like to at least be adequate.

The SRK wiki has a pretty comprehensive guide. Give that a look through.
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/The_King_of_Fighters_XIII

You can also watch Dandy J's beginners guide if you don't feel like reading.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU&feature=player_embedded

Thanks to Mikel of Dream Cancel.
Will we finally be getting KOFXII stages as DLC?
The King of Fighters-i 2012 for iOS. I think SNK is now earning some more money this time around.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/game/iphone/kof-i2012/

KOF-i with the AOF, Psycho Soldier, Kim, and Ikari teams added. Flame Iori and NESTS Kyo will be available as DLC for 170 yen each.

Oh, and what could this be?
KOF XII Stadium:
p_new01.jpg

KOF XII France:
p_new02.jpg

Oswald in the Training Card mode of the game (See middle pic).
p_new05.jpg
Possible DLC or update on a separate disc? More than likely doubtful.

728da9773912b31b3e8783958618367adbb4e1a7.png

There is nothing about this image that is not perfect.

God, they better make good use of those sprites for XIV, I NEED Shingo back (and also Adel) D:

shaowebb

Whip, Oswald, Heidern, Shingo, and Geese?
My God if those characters made it in it'd be like X-mas. Oswald/ Whip/ Heidern would likely even be my team.

Onemic

Just traded in SFxT for this game today. What's a good character to start with for someone completely new to the KOF series?

notworksafe

Still nothing for the best boss of the entire series?

qkIct.jpg

Just traded in SFxT for this game today. What's a good character to start with for someone completely new to the KOF series?
Terry, Joe, Andy, Kim, or Athena are all good and fun characters to start with.

omg @ geese and heidern. i wasn't expecting heidern to come back anytime soon, but seeing that sprite, i'm not so sure anymore.

good shit all around.

Happy to see all this new stuff! Looks like those stages will eventually be on the console version in some form as the iphone game has been used to show off new backgrounds previously.

Great to see Geese and others!

Onemic

Still nothing for the best boss of the entire series?

qkIct.jpg

Terry, Joe, Andy, Kim, or Athena are all good and fun characters to start with.

Just went through the Trial Missions with a bunch of characters and Terry is definitely the easiest to get a hold of even though I couldn't get past lvl 3 haha.

i'd add robert. easy to start out if you're coming from a SF game.

Haven't tried Robert. I'll try him next. The combos in this game are complicated as fuck compared to SF.

notworksafe

Also try Ryo! He's a fun mix of Ryu and Dan (with other fun bits too) that is pretty easy to pick up.

I'm just using SF references since I figure you're coming from that series.

Just went through the Trial Missions with a bunch of characters and Terry is definitely the easiest to get a hold of even though I couldn't get past lvl 3 haha.

Haven't tried Robert. I'll try him next. The combos in this game are complicated as fuck compared to SF.

Yeah, I just did the same as you. Ditched SFxT for my first KoF ever. Terry is on my team for sure, as well as Ryo. Can't really settle on a third, probably Leona, though I don't think she is very "SF friendly," I just happen to like the character design.

Speaking of which, is there some sneaky way to buffer in her V-Slasher input for IOH attacks? Not really sure how to make that whole motion hit after a quick hopping attack.

Onemic

Also try Ryo! He's a fun mix of Ryu and Dan (with other fun bits too) that is pretty easy to pick up.

I'm just using SF references since I figure you're coming from that series.

Yep, I play SSFIV(UMvC3 is my side game) and Ryu is my main. I tried Ryo and I'm at lvl3 of trial mission mode with him, but he seems as if he has some really tough combos. The only characters I've gotten to lvl 3 with so far have been Terry, Ryo, and Kyo. Although I find Ryo's attacks way too specific for me to be able to get used to him. I keep accidentally inputting diagonal LP when I want to do down LP which messes up my combo's in trial mode hardcore.

Just tried Robert. he seems very easy to get a hang of and hes the only character I've gotten to lvl 4 of the trial missions so far. I'll probably drop Ryo with him.

Top Bottom