• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

To explain my position better I'm saying it from the perspective of someone that generally does the platinums for these games and I always regret putting my first playthrough on anything but easy. Reason is normal isn't a challenge and hard makes it tough to get certain battle related AP points.

So what ended up happening for me in cases where I did that was that hard was a real struggle until I had all the quartz to break the game while trying to get all the necessary AP points and normal just ended up being a higher time waste that was about as satisfying as playing on easy.

That's why I recommend easy if you're going for 100%. Makes it possible to rush through stuff better. The challenge playthrough is generally nightmare.
If you don't inherit levels even with all the right quartz it can generally be pleasantly challenging although well it's a JRPG in the end challenge is just about knowing what to do, given there's no execution pressure.

I've never gotten the platinum for any game. >>; Would like to one day, but then I never get around to it lol.

theosi

After years I went back and played FC - I'm in love.

I'm currently on chapter 4 of SC - I'm in SO much love and can't stop playing.

My question - With the 3rd close to release, is it worth it to just wait and play that before I jump into the PS3 games? I would like to play through the timeline in order (as much as I can).

Famassu

After years I went back and played FC - I'm in love.

I'm currently on chapter 4 of SC - I'm in SO much love and can't stop playing.

My question - With the 3rd close to release, is it worth it to just wait and play that before I jump into the PS3 games? I would like to play through the timeline in order (as much as I can).
If you have no problems resisting the lust for more Trails straight after SC, sure, might as well wait for the Third. It has some setup for Cold Steel.

Cloukyo

Banned
Estelle's strength comes from her talent as a Bracer, helping people and the like.

I don't think she's meant to be super remarkable as a fighter? I'd say canonically even characters like Analace are meant to be stronger.

Laura is, I'm fairly sure, the strongest in Class 7 next to Fie (if you take away Rean's super saiyan mode).

I'm assuming both Fie and Laura are stronger than Estelle

duckroll

My thoughts: Laura is stronger than Fie, but Fie is easily the most well trained and experienced of all of Class VII when it comes to combat, and that gives her an edge. The fact that Laura and Fie can match each other in combat when Laura has practically zero combat experience says a lot. Fie would easily wipe anyone else. Considering how CS2 ends, I think Laura in CS3 and beyond is going to be a very interesting character power tier wise.

Cloukyo

Banned
It's unclear, at the beginning of CS1 Fie clears the schoolhouse on her own with ease. But later in the game her and Laura fight to a standstill (if I remember correctly).

That said Fie is an assassin so she might have been holding back

PK Gaming

It's unclear, at the beginning of CS1 Fie clears the schoolhouse on her own with ease. But later in the game her and Laura fight to a standstill (if I remember correctly).

Fie wasn't holding back, and she admits to having the advantage in the match (it was nighttime). Despite all this, she still didn't win. Laura is a monster.

I think Fie and Laura are comparable to Joshua and Loewe in how they compare to each other.

Although Fie could probably beat most of the rest of Class 7 1v1, I don't really think her skillset lies in that. Fighting more capable opponent I think she relies more on speed and diversion in fights than strength. (Which is why she acknowledges that she has the advantage at night during their duel)

Absol

Hmm, kind of regret not starting cold steel 2 in nightmare instead of hard. The game seems to be much easier than the first one.

Squire

Banned
Pfft. Laura has a year on Fie.

Does she really though? Fie's been an assassin for years at that point and she had the upper hand as previously mentioned. Laura won off very little combat experience and likely natural talent inherent to her bloodline. She is going to very interesting in CS3 after a long period of training as her primary focus.

FWIW Millium would actually wipe the floor with all of them

I'd contest that honestly. I don't think Airgetlam is a Togepy situation.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
FWIW Millium would actually wipe the floor with all of them

Everyone knows stick beats weird robot thing. We've seen it happen several times in the games even with several types of weird robots. Yet we have not seen weird robot thing beat stick.

Ha!

Gu4n

Is it me or is this a new screen for Sen no Kiseki 3?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4OQNLjVcAIbb8j.jpg
It's one of the two most recent screenshots. What you're looking at is (CS2 spoiler I guess)
Altina, dressed in a Thors uniform, running on Crossbell's West Street toward the Central Square you see during the fly-by during the Divertissement.
On the right at the end of the street you can see the old S.S.S building, the Morges store on the left is a bakery.

It was originally released alongside this screenshot of Rean.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I think there's supposed to be something in the next Dengeki Playstation, so 21st/22nd.

This month? Oh nice!!!

Expect the hype train to go full speed once it passes the Ys VIII release station. From June onwards, things will get crazy.

Can't wait man good thing there is a ton of games to tide me over but still can't stop Kiseki from popping up in between getting me all kinds of excited.
Srsly I think Sen III is basically my P5 release of 2017 most anticipated.

PK Gaming

KQtTcpq.png

wQfMiaB.png

zLqSmYA.png

Now here's a girl who would love to be in a Kiseki game

Gu4n

I may have put Cold Steel voice actors in a single Fire Emblem Heroes party. If I close my eyes, it's like Olivier, Gaius, Rufus and Jusis attack.

Corrin x Rean would be a cute ship

Now would this be them patting each other in an infinite loop or

Also would corrin even be a Rean head pat target? some of the girls in CS are too tall to be head pat without it looking weird, and I can imagine Corrin being like Laura's height (note: I have not played Fates so for all I know she's Fie's height. )

Hello everyone! I just had my account verified the other day and was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of topics/speed of the board, but it's nice to see a topic I can actually participate in :)

For on topic purposes um....Laura is best girl????

Though to be honest, I picked Alisa in my CSII file because I'm a sucker for the canon.

Now time to skulk this topic and see what theories abound....

Erheller

I've only played Conquest out of the three Fates games, but Corrin makes Rean seem like a paragon of character writing. I don't think Rean is that bad of a character, if a little bland (I'm hoping Falcom does interesting things with him in CS3), but Corrin is just straight up bad.

Corrin x Rean would be a cute ship

They'd just keep headpatting each other all day

Hello everyone! I just had my account verified the other day and was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of topics/speed of the board, but it's nice to see a topic I can actually participate in :)

For on topic purposes um....Laura is best girl????

Though to be honest, I picked Alisa in my CSII file because I'm a sucker for the canon.

Now time to skulk this topic and see what theories abound....

I mean, Laura does have the best credit picture. Link because mild spoilers I guess and it's a pretty big picture

omgfloofy

Banned
I mean, Laura does have the best credit picture. Link because mild spoilers I guess and it's a pretty big picture

Additionally, that image was new for the English releases. XSEED got Falcom to make extra artwork just for that section. If you had played it in Japanese, Chinese, or Korean, you wouldn't have seen it.

Additionally, that image was new for the English releases. XSEED got Falcom to make extra artwork just for that section. If you had played it in Japanese, Chinese, or Korean, you wouldn't have seen it.

So THAT was what was added to the English release? I remember XSeed mentioning a new addition but had no idea what it was. I absolutely loved the artwork during the credit section, so I'm glad they were able to add it in :3

EDIT: Also, does anyone know why this thread isn't in the Community board? Still trying to figure out what threads fit where and such haha.

So THAT was what was added to the English release? I remember XSeed mentioning a new addition but had no idea what it was. I absolutely loved the artwork during the credit section, so I'm glad they were able to add it in :3

To your edit.

All the better for the Trails series as it increase its visibility on one of gaming largest forum.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

That's a really cool piece of trivia. Love that Falcom and XSEED have the type of relationship where stuff like this can happen. When I look at AtlusUSA and AtlusJP I feel like those two are not necessarily always in sync on stuff. But maybe I shouldn't say that until P5 comes out given that they might have improved a lot.

Also damn again just + respect points for the trails localization team.

Top Bottom