• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
btw, anyone saw that new Cold Steel III screenshot?
Gonna leave it in spoiler, just in case

C56K0QnUoAAhZJ7.jpg

From Falcom Twitter page
Yesss, looking like
the conflicted/apathetic guy I saw in the side story at the end of CS2, which was BY FAR the best he's ever been

Link1110

Suprised to see that what Rean will do in CS3 is unknown, since the spoiler I read seemed to imply that
he's evil by the end of 2, and if he keeps doing that in 3, he'll be the Dragon to the big bad (his dad.)
Is this at all accurate (simple y/n please.)

No doubt growing more and more upset over the rampant hate he gets

"Shitty protagonist my ass, you're the shitty protagonist..."

Also Sean Chiplock did another thing

Hearing it, I automatically imagined Rean's face saying that. Then I got kinda melancholic because I wish Rean was that interesting.

Suprised to see that what Rean will do in CS3 is unknown, since the spoiler I read seemed to imply that
he's evil by the end of 2, and if he keeps doing that in 3, he'll be the Dragon to the big bad (his dad.)
Is this at all accurate (simple y/n please.)

N

Brokun

Need help with Trails of Cold Steel plot details!

Spoilers below for Trails in the Sky FC/SC and Cold Steel 1.

I seem to remember that in Trails in the Sky SC near the end Ouroboros let's slip that they have ties to the Blood and Iron Chancellor Osborne, and I seem to recall that Prince Olivert alludes to it as well. But in Trails of Cold Steel 1 it's clear that Ouroboros has been working behind the scenes aiding or "guiding" the Imperial Liberation Front who then turn around and assassinate the Blood and Iron Chancellor (supposedly). What's going on here? Am I remembering Sky SC incorrectly? And if I'm remembering incorrectly, what was the reason for the name drop of the Blood and Iron Chancellor in Sky SC? Please answer without spoilers to Cold Steel 2 thanks!

I seem to remember that in Trails in the Sky SC near the end Ouroboros let's slip that they have ties to the Blood and Iron Chancellor Osborne, and I seem to recall that Prince Olivert alludes to it as well. But in Trails of Cold Steel 1 it's clear that Ouroboros has been working behind the scenes aiding or "guiding" the Imperial Liberation Front who then turn around and assassinate the Blood and Iron Chancellor (supposedly). What's going on here? Am I remembering Sky SC incorrectly? And if I'm remembering incorrectly, what was the reason for the name drop of the Blood and Iron Chancellor in Sky SC? Please answer without spoilers to Cold Steel 2 thanks!

You're not remembering incorrectly. That was said in SC. And yes, it seems like a few people in Ouroboros are involved with anti-Osborne factions in Cold Steel. Keep playing and you'll get answers eventually.

There's a certain pattern with how Ouroboros treats the leaders they collaborate with in each nation.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
After finishing Nioh and Y0 it's finally time to return to Zero and finishing up the plat. Although I guess I gotta restart my last playthrough given that I have 0 clue anymore about what chest I already checked of the list. Hope I can do this in a single day and then start Ao.

Young Magus

Yo any good pics to make an avatar out of Kevin?

Figure I'd retire ol' Tatsuya

After finishing Nioh and Y0 it's finally time to return to Zero and finishing up the plat. Although I guess I gotta restart my last playthrough given that I have 0 clue anymore about what chest I already checked of the list. Hope I can do this in a single day and then start Ao.

Reminder to
pick randy in chapter 3

Jiraiza

Digging older Rean, since I didn't like his younger self that much. Now I can only hope they do away with the dumb social links choose your waifu crap and I'll be happy.

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/50805146.html Quite a bit of stuff on CS III from Dengeki PlayStation, for anyone who speaks Japanese
some rough google translate interpretations but

As we know rean is now a Thors instructor, but its not Thors in Trista, its a new Thors on the other side of the country.

He is exchanging info with previous class vii members

His powers are becoming unstable

Kurt is Vander's brother

Yuna is a crossbell citizen who wanted to be a police officer before the occupation

Osborne is looking to annex another Northern territory

Olivier removed from the Thors board

some other small things

they mentioned talking more about the other members of class vii in a followup

all in all not too much, I'm far more interested in the followup

Psxphile

There was some new screenshots from CSIII floating around the web since last week but since they're scans from some Falcom magazine I guess we aren't allowed to post 'em, huh (or even talk about them apparently)? At least not until official shots are released somewhere.

Totally called it on tonfa-chan there.

It's raining Kevin!

1R7SlTc.png
KqT0SSI.png
e3LkvGQ.png
Bbi7Hv6.png

C6NByZXU4AAmlJl.jpg

source

Asd202

some rough google translate interpretations but

As we know rean is now a Thors instructor, but its not Thors in Trista, its a new Thors on the other side of the country.

He is exchanging info with previous class vii members

His powers are becoming unstable

Kurt is Vander's brother

Yuna is a crossbell citizen who wanted to be a police officer before the occupation

Osborne is looking to annex another Northern territory

Olivier removed from the Thors board

some other small things

they mentioned talking more about the other members of class vii in a followup

all in all not too much, I'm far more interested in the followup

Thank you for this.

Oh shit!
There's a lot of juicy information there. North Ambria being annexed is a pretty big deal. I'm looking forward to seeing Sara's reaction to that. And hopefully this means that we can finally visit the place. I've been intrigued about it for a while. The Vander familybeing replaced is also a megaton. It will be interesting to see how that effects Kurt's story. Hopefully Mueller abs Zechs will be playing more of a role, too. Patrick being specifically mentioned makes me wonder if he'll be on the faculty, to.

So much awesome information. I can't wait.

PK Gaming

Wow, wow, wow, wow

CS3 stuff:

So Rean bean's an instructor now which is...interesting. I was really enamored with his direction at the end of the 2nd game, but it seems like they're walking back on that. (though with new branch'x heavy militarization, it's doubtful he hasn't stopped going on missions at least). Still, the teacher position is promising, especially if it allows the newer characters a chance to shine.

Speaking of the new characters*, Kurt has one of the blandest and most uninspired designs in the series bar none. Hopefully his actual character makes up for it, because his design is even more LN than Rean, who was stretching it to begin with. His ties to Mueller are interesting, but mainly because we get more Mueller, lol. Yuna's design is much better, and her character set up is immediately more compelling. I wonder if she'll betray the group at some point? Altina is Altina. I'll wait and see, but her new character art is good.

Also lmao at that Patrick diss. Hopefully he's a major character this time around? And a party member for God's sakes?

It's doubtful we'll go back to the previous Cold Steel style of running around and dealing with students, and I figure we'll get an experience somewhat more akin to 3rd. Hopefully.

The focus on a lower amount of characters in the main cast is also exciting too. I liked CS1/CS2's approach, but less characters means more development for all of them. Though I suspect CS3 will contain the largest amount of characters in the series bar none.

Nyoro SF

Quite a lot of new CS3 info floating around... it's gonna get more dangerous for the spoiler dodgers over time. Especially since CS3 and Ao are linked.

Taruranto

I find both designs dreadfully boring, they look like something out of a low budget cellphone game. The dude doesn't even look like Mueller (I wouldn't be surprised if he was adopted). Altina of all characters look better, but mostly because I like hat.

Someone give Falcom a new character designer, pls.

Why are we using spoilers?

Wow, wow, wow, wow

CS3 stuff:

The focus on a lower amount of characters in the main cast is also exciting too. I liked CS1/CS2's approach, but less characters means more development for all of them. Though I suspect CS3 will contain the largest amount of characters in the series bar none.
wait, where did you see that?

Menthuss

Regarding that Gematsu article:

How does Rean go from (minor Rean CS1 spoilers)
Eight Leaves One Blade dropout to master
?

PK Gaming

wait, where did you see that?

Nowhere. We know from a previous article that Liberl characters will be appearing. And Crossbell is a major location, so I expect all 3 casts to be heavily featured in this game.

Regarding that Gematsu article:

How does Rean go from (minor Rean CS1 spoilers)
Eight Leaves One Blade dropout to master
?

He goes from Beginner ---> Intermediate in CS2, so it wasn't a straight shot to Master. I don't think he's a Divine Blade yet, though

Gematsu has new info aswell.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-introduces-prologue-first-characters
I hope this releases next year in the West. Can't wait.

Hopefully they'll be hitting September 2017 in Japan, which would bode well for a Western release in 2018.

Some interesting information in that article

Osborne is really flexing his muscles, removing the Vander's as the royal bodyguards, and removing Oliviert from the board.

Given that Alfin made a point in CS2 about Cedric wanting to study with Rean, and being unable to, I can see Cedric being a big character in CS3, especially with him admiring Osborne's strong arm tactics.

I'm interested about the comments about his relationship with Patrick, it's unclear what that meant

Wasn't sure who they meant was the headmaster of Thors 2,
Duke Cayenne? [edit] "Strong" so clearly not

Have to laugh at the class division though

Class VII - Special Duty
Class VIII - Tactics
Class IX - ....... Accounting

Kalor

Hopefully they'll be hitting September 2017 in Japan, which would bode well for a Western release in 2018.

Some interesting information in that article

Osborne is really flexing his muscles, removing the Vander's as the royal bodyguards, and removing Oliviert from the board.

Given that Alfin made a point in CS2 about Cedric wanting to study with Rean, and being unable to, I can see Cedric being a big character in CS3, especially with him admiring Osborne's strong arm tactics.

I'm interested about the comments about his relationship with Patrick, it's unclear what that meant

Wasn't sure who they meant was the headmaster of Thors 2,
Duke Cayenne?

Have to laugh at the class division though

Class VII - Special Duty
Class VIII - Tactics
Class IX - ....... Accounting

I saw somewhere that the headmaster was
Aurelia Le Guin.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Feeling the Sen III hype again with these new tidbits.

Also spoke too soon about returning to Zero. I've spend the last hour formatting my treasure check of list :-x....

Juicy tidbits indeed! Imma go dark from here on out.

The dream lives for this kinda snark, though!

Wow, wow, wow, wow

CS3 stuff:

So Rean bean's an instructor now which is...interesting. I was really enamored with his direction at the end of the 2nd game, but it seems like they're walking back on that. (though with new branch'x heavy militarization, it's doubtful he hasn't stopped going on missions at least). Still, the teacher position is promising, especially if it allows the newer characters a chance to shine.

Speaking of the new characters*, Kurt has one of the blandest and most uninspired designs in the series bar none. Hopefully his actual character makes up for it, because his design is even more LN than Rean, who was stretching it to begin with. His ties to Mueller are interesting, but mainly because we get more Mueller, lol. Yuna's design is much better, and her character set up is immediately more compelling. I wonder if she'll betray the group at some point? Altina is Altina. I'll wait and see, but her new character art is good.

Also lmao at that Patrick diss. Hopefully he's a major character this time around? And a party member for God's sakes?

It's doubtful we'll go back to the previous Cold Steel style of running around and dealing with students, and I figure we'll get an experience somewhat more akin to 3rd. Hopefully.

CS1&2:
Yeah, those were long games but the main casts were humongous and alot of time was wasted on workmanlike dialogue or bouts of D-tier characterization. Having it lean and mean with a half-dozen at most would work way better.

I find both designs dreadfully boring, they look like something out of a low budget cellphone game. The dude doesn't even look like Mueller (I wouldn't be surprised if he was adopted). Altina of all characters look better, but mostly because I like hat.

Someone give Falcom a new character designer, pls.

Why are we using spoilers?

BRING BACK KATSUMI ENAMI!

Would be very cool if true. Can't see
her
being much of a bookworm. Midterms would be "I'll fight you all at once!"

CS1&2 again:
It's just bait for Laura to come back ripped and more of a murder machine than ever. :O

Just started TitS SC after a nice break from FC and damn, are the common enemies suppose to hit so hard?! I'm struggling to fight the beach monsters at Gull Seaside Way, especially the ones who do some crazy lightning attack hitting ~700 hp each.

I also forgot how hard it is to get Mira, is there a similar recipe exploit to abuse similar to FC? And about the fishing mini game, is it totally random if you catch something or not? Just press X when you see ! and hope something lands? It wasn't even explained...

Not sure how to feel yet about revisiting the same locales. At least there are some new monsters and new music.

Speaking of the new characters*, Kurt has one of the blandest and most uninspired designs in the series bar none. Hopefully his actual character makes up for it, because his design is even more LN than Rean, who was stretching it to begin with.

Idk. Kurt and Yuna remind me of the protagonists in LoH V more than anything.

and knowing Falcom that's probably no accident

Link1110

I guess I'm lucky, every spoiler I read about this series is wrong. I guess
Olivert isn't evil/the main villain of the Sky series after seeing him alive well, and very not evil in Chapter 4. At the end now fighting the terrists!

Class VII fuck yeah!! Comin again to save the motherfucking day yeah!
Class VII fuck yeah!! Fieldwork is the only way!
Terrorists your game is through, cause now you have to answer to...

We're gonna smoke you out, Gideon! Bring it on!

Sorry, fighting terrorists always brings back memories and jokes of the Bush era.

PK Gaming

Still wary about the new girl(s) becoming Rean's new potential waifubait. Ugh.

I feel like they're going to avoid it, actually. No need to needlessly piss off CS1/CS2's playerbase, and I figure they'll let Rean reconnect with the love interest you choose from the first/second game.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Have a friend who is considering playing CS because he saw it keep popping up in my PSN stuff. What do I tell him.
"Play the 100+ hour Sky duology first, then wait for the 50 hour Sky epilogue/CS prologue that comes this spring before even touching Cold Steel 1. It may seem like a huge commitment to put your social life on the back-burner for the rest of 2017 but trust me, it's worth it."

Or just tell him to go for it and see how he likes it.

I know playing TitS is recommended before playing ToCS, but does ToCS explicitly spoil any of the major twists in TitS? I've fallen off TitS like 3 times already and kinda wanna jump in to Cold Steel and see if I find that a more interesting entry point.

Top Bottom