• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

PK Gaming

92787A6E536591BFE5A5E0085E1BA5030E2F2446
2ECC4286E9E877D9DFE3F9A3AA920904AFADA3DB
6CFEB9AB734A87F7E082B4DC2AE5BA55EF2BB541

All right, I'm unsubscribing from the thread until I finish myself, my curiosity is going to screw me over.

Currently starting the final dungeon (Well, maybe. currently debating doing the
Lorence
fight anyway, but I can't get max rank due to missing a few quests, so.....

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Jesus christ, this ending is actually God tier

I actually teared up a bit

I've always loved you

8pVb2rj.gif

Don't mind me, just slowly self destructing

there you go, this is the true trails in the sky experience. Now i can't wait for SC impressions(4 years from now), it was one of the wildest rides for me. Actually i kept thinking about the end of FC so two days later i couldn't resist and started SC.

PK Gaming

there you go, this is the true trails in the sky experience. Now i can't wait for SC impressions(4 years from now), it was one of the wildest rides for me. Actually i kept thinking about the end of FC so two days later i couldn't resist and started SC.

I can't even fathom waiting that long. I thought the endless delays for Persona 5 was bad, but a 4 year gap after an ending like that is just straight agony.

[Sky FC]
"You had me from the first moment I met you."
I was just screaming all the way through the credit title.

Also, notice all the subtle animation and gestures exclusive to the ending scene alone.

And the new portraits and music too! They held back on so much just for the ending, and it absolutely paid off.

The reunion will probably obliterate me

[Sky FC]
"You had me from the first moment I met you."
I was just screaming all the way through the credit title.

Also, notice all the subtle animation and gestures exclusive to the ending scene alone.

FC ending spoilers:

The bait and switch with BIGGER BAIT was so good. LIke, both me and her were like, "OK, he had a rough childhood, something really bad so I gotta be ready for it" and NOPE, SHIT GOT REAL.

So good.

I also liked the mouthing words, then whispering them, then SCREAMING THEM from Estelle. These people know conversations and what to put where and when. So damn good.

Reading PK's post got me like:

*smug smiling Estelle.jpg*

I can't find the image

PK start SC right meow

h2xcHlE.png

Go now, go and see BEAST MODE for yourself, PK.

famfrit

How big is Cold Steel 1 ?

This is a never-ending game, have more than 120 hours and I want to know how many hours to
Rean get the Gundam ?

Fighting against V and C now in that ore mine in Roer

Anyway, awesome game.

How big is Cold Steel 1 ?

This is a never-ending game, have more than 120 hours and I want to know how many hours to
Rean get the Gundam ?

Fighting against V and C now in that ore mine in Roer

Anyway, awesome game.

You're close to the end. Just one more chapter to go (although it's quite lengthy).

Not sure how you've spent so much time, though. I was around 103 hours to finish the game, and I tend to be on the longer playtime side of things with Trails games.

I have a friend that finished FC a few weeks ago. I got him into the series and he started with ToCS. I got this text from him

"Goodbye Estelle" FUUUUUUUUUCK

famfrit

You're close to the end. Just one more chapter to go (although it's quite lengthy).

Not sure how you've spent so much time, though. I was around 103 hours to finish the game, and I tend to be on the longer playtime side of things with Trails games.

Yeah, I'm pretty slow. Read all text from every npc. Playing in Nightmare and grinding a lot too.

But, some of my playtime the console was on without anyone playing...

Bladelord Loewe

Neo Member
FC ending spoilers:

The bait and switch with BIGGER BAIT was so good. LIke, both me and her were like, "OK, he had a rough childhood, something really bad so I gotta be ready for it" and NOPE, SHIT GOT REAL.

So good.

I also liked the mouthing words, then whispering them, then SCREAMING THEM from Estelle. These people know conversations and what to put where and when. So damn good.

h2xcHlE.png

Go now, go and see BEAST MODE for yourself, PK.

I am thankful to know I wasn't the only one left this miserable, it was 2AM and the ending had drawn out a bit. I ended up staying up til 4AM mindblown, and having to work in 3 hours.

Weissman is probably the most memorable villain I have ever seen, he genuinely enjoys being evil and thrives in it. I was pretty upset at myself for not seeing this coming, and the fact that his portrait changes when you first meet him for a brief second, and you can see the evil in his eyes.. the stupid bastard had them shut most of the game hiding them.

To just sneak up on you like that and absolutely systematically destroy Joshua the way he did, whom from who we knew was a kid with a good head on his shoulders, and not easily shaken... holy shit was this not that case.

and then.. the ending. I don't think I even need to say anything. But I will mention the part that hurt seeing the most was her slowly fainting away as he leaves her there completely powerless and against her will. It was that moment.. I truly felt something for these characters. Not that they hadn't grown on me, but this just cemented it.

Estelle especially I was a bit annoyed with at first, but she of course won me over. I ended up feeling like a big brother that needed be there to guide her/watch her through this.

It's small subtle things like this that make the Kiseki series absolutely amazing. Doing new game+ and seeing all of these other nods to events that happen later are even more of a shock in retrospect.

This might be the greatest JRPG series I have ever played.

Rhapsody

Banned
I am thankful to know I wasn't the only one left this miserable, it was 2AM and the ending had drawn out a bit. I ended up staying up til 4AM mindblown, and having to work in 3 hours.
This was pretty much me with CS1 because I had difficulties on the final boss on Nightmare. That and the game froze on me at the final fight for one of the retries. Thankfully I had no work.
Weissman is probably the most memorable villain I have ever seen, he genuinely enjoys being evil and thrives in it. I was pretty upset at myself for not seeing this coming, and the fact that his portrait changes when you first meet him for a brief second, and you can see the evil in his eyes.. the stupid bastard had them shut most of the game hiding them.

Been doing a Vita playthrough because I wanted to experience FC Evo at least once.

That part where his eyes open are so much less subtle in this one lol
http://imgur.com/a/3AkdK

Bladelord Loewe

Neo Member
This was pretty much me with CS1 because I had difficulties on the final boss on Nightmare. That and the game froze on me at the final fight for one of the retries. Thankfully I had no work.

Been doing a Vita playthrough because I wanted to experience FC Evo at least once.

That part where his eyes open are so much less subtle in this one lol
http://imgur.com/a/3AkdK

Hah my misery was from seeing the characters suffer that badly.. but that also would have done it LOL.

I remember my 1st time last year, I was probably scrolling far too fast and did not even look at the portraits. I thought he was just side quest fodder. When I NG+'d it and noticed it, it was pretty jarring because he never does it again.

danthefan

I was going to ask about how long it is... I'm 25 hours in. Guessing I'm half+ way though chapter 3. Long way to go then it seems!

Link1110

Started cold steel yesterday and just finished chapter 1. This is really fun, addictive quests and some of these characters are really interesting. I wanna see how machias and kudos develop, something tells me they're gonna be the two most interesting characters.

I think team and machias are gonna stroke up a friendship now at least some they both have the noble but not really thing going on

and that guy in black looks like a kamen Rider villain

famfrit

Finally "killed"
C and V in chapter 6 last fight. Adamantine shield and Crescent Mirror are essential in this fight !
. Hardest fight in all the game. Funny, in the end received a strategy bonus of 4.4 in xp after beat
"C"

Link1110

The CS1 guide keeps telling me about "hidden values" on possible links, like for
Sara, the magician guy and the student council president
Are these worth anything gameplay wise, or should I work more on the students in Class VII?

The CS1 guide keeps telling me about "hidden values" on possible links, like for
Are these worth anything gameplay wise, or should I work more on the students in Class VII?
It will affect the ending somewhat. So go increase the value of whoever you like.

Link1110

It will affect the ending somewhat. So go increase the value of whoever you like.
Ah, does it affect anything in the sequel, like do these characters join me then and have the data carry over?

Sorry if any questions are stupid, bit I'm gonna ask all my questions here since i went looking for whether or not the third one has this same cast and for rewarded with having cs2 spoiled for me

Ah, does it affect anything in the sequel, like do these characters join me then and have the data carry over?

Those values determine which characters would be eligilble to have "special events," so to speak, with Rean near the end of the game. The carry over to the next game is basically said character acknowledging that they indeed had that special event with Rean.

Sorry if any questions are stupid, bit I'm gonna ask all my questions here since i went looking for whether or not the third one has this same cast and for rewarded with having cs2 spoiled for me

Yar, basically searching any information on the net is rife with peril. I learned this the hard way... twice. I just ask here for any Trails-related curiosity ever since.

Rhapsody

Banned

For the data you carry over, it doesn't affect really anything in terms of affection value stuff. Whoever you ended up choosing in CS1, will have one small scene in CS2 where Rean thinks of them at an early part of the game, says their name, and that's it.

Things like getting A0 rank from AP is more important.

Depends if you want to platinum the game or not. If you're only interested in a single playthrough, just focus on building relationships with the people you like the most. Once you complete the game, you can choose to transfer your current link levels to a new game.

I just finished FC and-

Currently wondering when the other shoe on Joshua's stuff is gonna drop though.

The shoe dropped in the best way possible. I kinda suspected Josh was a former assassin or some sort of child soldier, but damn. And it was used in a cliffhanger, to boot.

Holy hell that cliffhanger though

Alba is a dick

Also the best time for Cassius to come back after spending the whole goddamn game looking for him

Link1110

Loving cold steel. I'm on chapter 3 and really like how each chapter is basically a character piece for two or three characters. It's making me wanna go back and check out previous series entries once I finish here.

May just pick up the crossbell games on vita since playing as a cop sounds really interesting. Or are the sky games essential for playing crossbell?

Of course of there's a chance of cross bell being translated I'll wait. A game with this much text is rather do in English. Same reason why I didn't import persona 5.

Nyoro SF

Loving cold steel. I'm on chapter 3 and really like how each chapter is basically a character piece for two or three characters. It's making me wanna go back and check out previous series entries once I finish here.

May just pick up the crossbell games on vita since playing as a cop sounds really interesting. Or are the sky games essential for playing crossbell?

Of course of there's a chance of cross bell being translated I'll wait. A game with this much text is rather do in English. Same reason why I didn't import persona 5.

It is definitely recommended to play the Sky games before Crossbell. Crossbell has a lot of callbacks to Sky that you don't want to miss out on.

The default and most highly recommended way to play the games is in release order if you have the capability and opportunity. :)

Link1110

It is definitely recommended to play the Sky games before Crossbell. Crossbell has a lot of callbacks to Sky that you don't want to miss out on.

The default and most highly recommended way to play the games is in release order if you have the capability and opportunity. :)

Ok, cool. I'll do the sky trilogy after CS1, since CS2 is a big cliffhanger leading into GotY 2019/2020 or whatever. And as as bonus, Crossbell might get announced for translation in the mean time. Of course, there's other games I wanna play soon. Danganronpa 2, and Virtue's Last reward which I never beat are both coming out this month on PS4, so those will take time too. And Persons 5 might take a few months lol.

Eylos

Banned
They cant decide Rean eye color, but i think
they are using pink again to elucidate that Claire is his sister, maybe

btw, anyone saw that new Cold Steel III screenshot?
Gonna leave it in spoiler, just in case

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C56K0QnUoAAhZJ7.jpg[/IM][/SPOILER]

From [URL="https://twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/837260304262164480"]Falcom Twitter page[/URL][/QUOTE]
Spoilers doesn't work on mobile

Top Bottom