• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
lol that
Dogi doll
in CS1

Laura and Fie are the best classmates by far. The others are either kind of boring (Emma, Gaius) or annoying (everyone else, especially Machias and Alisa).

As I mentioned in the OT I finally beat SC. Besides my thoughts in the thread, I wanted know if
anyone else got Hugo Fact vibes from Weismann in the first final boss phase? Those four companion robots/puppets reminded me of the Eyes of Fact, especially with Weismanns staff to complete the image

Also, it's cute and all that Joshua left Loewe's sword as a tribute to Karin in the post-credits, but wouldn't having a special weapon like that with the bracers or royal army be useful with the trials that the continent will be facing soon?

SC ending:
I know right? Who's got ahold of that wonderful toy now?

Psxphile

Did we already talk about the recent picture of Alisa from CS3? I don't think we can post magazine scans, but there's an image on /m/ for those who lurk there.

She's quite pretty. Rocking a pretty lewd outfit with that zipper, though.

Didn't stop anyone from sharing it here and in the CSII OT. But yeah, we've been over it. Not really looking forward to a repeat of that.

Aters

Did we already talk about the recent picture of Alisa from CS3? I don't think we can post magazine scans, but there's an image on /m/ for those who lurk there.

She's quite pretty. Rocking a pretty lewd outfit with that zipper, though.

I totally missed it. She does look a bit older I guess? The plot though, I'm gonna laugh when the models for the whole cast roll out.

lol that
Dogi doll
in CS1

Laura and Fie are the best classmates by far. The others are either kind of boring (Emma, Gaius) or annoying (everyone else, especially Machias and Alisa).

What about my sweet child Eliot?

Menthuss

Whew, finished SC! I'll probably post my thoughts about it tomorrow as it's late and I've got a headache.

lol that
Dogi doll
in CS1

bDnPcxV.gif

SephLuis

I don't know if anyone played the japanese version of Tokyo Xanadu here, but I was quite surprised at seeing a certain character of CS1 in there. I thought it was a nice bonus at least.

To the people curious about it:
Towa is your homeroom teacher and cousin of the MC
This happens 10-20 minutes into the new game. Very early thing.

CS2 Finale

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

I predicted Osborne being alive he's too big a character to die effectively off screen at the end of part 1 of the first half of this story, but him being Rean's father is evomindblown

Correct me people who've played Zero/Ao

Zero/Ao/CS2 spoilers

Lloyd and Rixia are the leads of the game correct? Are they also a will they/won't they romantic couple that's the impression I'm getting from the Divertissement

Nyoro SF

Zero/Ao/CS2 spoilers

Lloyd and Rixia are the leads of the game correct? Are they also a will they/won't they romantic couple that's the impression I'm getting from the Divertissement

Zero/Ao/CS2 spoilers

Lloyd and Rixia are not the pair lead of Zero or Ao. The leads of Zero are the SSS (Lloyd, Randy, Tio, Ellie) and Ao is the same with a few more characters joining the SSS (and leaving and joining again lol)

However, Rixia does join your party periodically in Zero (in disguise) and permanently joins your party late in Ao.

Falcom is quite liberally pushing Lloyd and Rixia as a couple, they stand the closest together in their combo craft compared to everyone else, her confession scene is probably the most personal (with a very heavy main quest designed around Lloyd saving her from herself, though it's mostly Ilya who ultimately does that), and she is chosen to appear in the CS2 Epilogue next to Lloyd with all the suggestive dialogue together... heh. But I don't particuarly like that, because anyone who's played Zero and Ao know that Ilya and Rixia are the true item, and that Randy should've been the partner to Lloyd in CS2 instead. :p

Young Magus

Zero/Ao/CS2 spoilers

Kinda, Zero/Ao has four/seven leads each getting enough room to share the spotlight. Lloyd getting the most tho.

The will they/ won't they thing tho? Yea, Lloyd has that with everyone. Yes EVERYONE

Thanks for the clarification everyone

Finished the side chapter in CS2

Was expecting the Rean boss fight at the end. I really like the idea of side chapters showing what the prior trails casts are doing due to the events in the current games I hope we see more of these both in CS3 and in the Calvard saga down the road. As an American player this just made me sahara desert thirsty for Zero/Ao I really liked Lloyd and Rixia from our brief segment where we got to try them out and the teases of the rest of the cast got me excited.

Marche90

Two months late to the party! But I'm finally able to sink obsene amounts of time in CS2. I'm in the act 1-3 currently even through I just started on Friday.

Thanks for the clarification everyone

Finished the side chapter in CS2

Was expecting the Rean boss fight at the end. I really like the idea of side chapters showing what the prior trails casts are doing due to the events in the current games I hope we see more of these both in CS3 and in the Calvard saga down the road. As an American player this just made me sahara desert thirsty for Zero/Ao I really liked Lloyd and Rixia from our brief segment where we got to try them out and the teases of the rest of the cast got me excited.

Welcome to the club. We have cookies in the back of the room and some chairs right here to sit while we wait.
Seriously, tho. At least The 3rd is coming out soon-ish...

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if anyone played the japanese version of Tokyo Xanadu here, but I was quite surprised at seeing a certain character of CS1 in there. I thought it was a nice bonus at least.

To the people curious about it:
Towa is your homeroom teacher and cousin of the MC
This happens 10-20 minutes into the new game. Very early thing.

I heard
Towa
has an uncle
who is an English gentleman with an affinity for puzzles

Gu4n

CS2 Finale

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

I predicted Osborne being alive he's too big a character to die effectively off screen at the end of part 1 of the first half of this story, but him being Rean's father is evomindblown
Haahaa! (read as Bleublanc's laugh) Don't forget
he also played Ouroboros like a damn fiddle.

Young Magus

Haahaa! (read as Bleublanc's laugh) Don't forget
he also played Ouroboros like a damn fiddle.

That he did........too well

How much money is on Osborne being the big bad of the next few kiseki games?

And holy shit Ao final boss theme is sooooooo gooooood, I was shocked when I first heard it during the boss, like "wait....wait.... did Falcom used the FINAL BOSS MUSIC for a trailer!!?" Cant be mad tho this song is fire

I honestly feel like if they want to be done with Erebonia after the next game, they need to finish off that storyline somehow, which could result in a very long game. There's still far too much we don't know about Ouroboros for them to also spend most of Calvard on Osbourne, and I feel like if they keep him alive past CS 3, Calvard will end up only being about him.

At some point the story has to move on. We've gone 7 games now and still know the bare minimum about Ouroboros, they need to expand on that eventually. Keeping Osbourne alive so he can continue taking over the continent isn't doing so, unless he's actually part of Ouroboros and is just toying with literally everything (if so, they can stand to leave him alone for a little while).

And holy shit Ao final boss theme is sooooooo gooooood, I was shocked when I first heard it during the boss, like "wait....wait.... did Falcom used the FINAL BOSS MUSIC for a trailer!!?" Cant be mad tho this song is fire

Depending upon what Oroborus end game is Osborne could end up being the big bad of the story it wouldn't surprise me.

Gu4n

Kondo already stated that Sen III will provide the first hints regarding the Grandmaster, which will undoubtedly include information regarding Ouroboros' purpose(s).

Nyoro SF

Kondo already stated that Sen III will provide the first hints regarding the Grandmaster, which will undoubtedly include information regarding Ouroboros' purpose(s).

Well, (CS2 Spoilers)
Vita says "The supreme existence carrying out the
Orpheus Final Plan, who will guide the souls of all..."

That pretty much says "Aidios" to me. Sept-Terrion are gifts from the goddess given too early, and now she's taking them back, and there aren't too many soul-guiders out there that aren't divine beings lol. They could pull a supreme twist, but with all of the hints given so far I feel like they'd have to throw some evidence in the opposite direction somehow in CS3 if they wanted to trick us.

Psxphile

Well, (CS2 Spoilers)
Vita says "The supreme existence carrying out the
Orpheus Final Plan, who will guide the souls of all..."

That pretty much says "Aidios" to me. Sept-Terrion are gifts from the goddess given too early, and now she's taking them back, and there aren't too many soul-guiders out there that aren't divine beings lol. They could pull a supreme twist, but with all of the hints given so far I feel like they'd have to throw some evidence in the opposite direction somehow in CS3 if they wanted to trick us.

The irony of
being the one responsible for a world-wide belief system and religious sect taking hold on a world you've neglected for far too long and having to create a new global force to oppose them as you go about retrieving instruments of chaos you carelessly left behind so long ago.

Delicious. Imagine if
Jesus of Nazareth had his second coming in secret, conscripted a bunch of true believers from various walks of life and political backgrounds and trained up a small army of specially-trained and genetically modified people around the world to enact a grand plan to keep highly-dangerous religious artifacts from falling into the wrong hands through obfuscation and subterfuge, all the while being opposed by the Vatican who have followed your teachings for over 2000 years, not to mention the various world governments who are all just trying to protect their own interests.

I mean, provided that's not already happening.

desmax

They did the same thing pretty recently, actually

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Wanted to ask since you're one of the resident Kiseki experts is there a good place to read about Kiseki theories/complementary material?

zakujanai

I appreciate that all the people who said you can play Crossbill/Erebonia in either order were trying to maintain enthusiasm for the Cold Steel release but having reached the divertissement of CS2 it's clear to me that this simply isn't the case. I won't be able to progress through this part until the weekend but just from the opening scene it's clear most of it will be lost on me as someone who hasn't played Zero/Ao. I've played very the start of Zero and even just seeing familiar locations and hearing
Lloyd
with an English voice was more exciting than any of the story parts that I couldn't really relate to.

Also, when is the mind-blowing shock that I saw so many tweets about a couple of months ago? Does that happen in the divertissement or epilogue? It surely to Aidios isn't just the
Osborne
thing?

I appreciate that all the people who said you can play Crossbill/Erebonia in either order were trying to maintain enthusiasm for the Cold Steel release but having reached the divertissement of CS2 it's clear to me that this simply isn't the case. I won't be able to progress through this part until the weekend but just from the opening scene it's clear most of it will be lost on me as someone who hasn't played Zero/Ao. I've played very the start of Zero and even just seeing familiar locations and hearing
Lloyd
with an English voice was more exciting than any of the story parts that I couldn't really relate to.

Also, when is the mind-blowing shock that I saw so many tweets about a couple of months ago? Does that happen in the divertissement or epilogue? It surely to Aidios isn't just the
Osborne
thing?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but based upon how the finale plays out
Osborne's declaration of an invasion of Crossbell felt sudden in CS2. Imagine how it must feel is ao when right after fixing the azure tree situation and saving the day BAM Erebonia who was in civil war just rolls up and starts an invasion when the country is trying to recover

zakujanai

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but based upon how the finale plays out
Osborne's declaration of an invasion of Crossbell felt sudden in CS2. Imagine how it must feel is ao when right after fixing the azure tree situation and saving the day BAM Erebonia who was in civil war just rolls up and starts an invasion when the country is trying to recover

I enjoyed the finale but I never had anything like that reaction, I guess because I had suspicions about
him not being dead
and because Rean's mysterious past had never been addressed. Didn't predicted him
being Osborne's son
at least, though not really interested as what does it really matter anyway. I just want to know what
the scar is from.

Really need to get the last 2 parts don't as I really don't know where to expect this to go. No way am I playing CS3 before the Crossbill arc though.
If CS3 comes out I totally will and I'll ruin the missing 2 games for myself

I enjoyed the finale but I never had anything like that reaction, I guess because I had suspicions about
him not being dead
and because Rean's mysterious past had never been addressed. Didn't predicted him
being Osborne's son
at least, though not really interested as what does it really matter anyway. I just want to know what
the scar is from.

Really need to get the last 2 parts don't as I really don't know where to expect this to go. No way am I playing CS3 before the Crossbill arc though.
If CS3 comes out I totally will and I'll ruin the missing 2 games for myself

So much of these games is the character interactions and world building I'll play Zero/Ao whenever we finally get them because just based upon the glipses we get in
the divertissement
the cast and area seems really cool even if the main plot points we have a vague idea of from cs1/2.

zakujanai

So much of these games is the character interactions and world building I'll play Zero/Ao whenever we finally get them because just based upon the glipses we get in
the divertissement
the cast and area seems really cool even if the main plot points we have a vague idea of from cs1/2.

I want to see Duvalie, Lechter, Gideon and everyone else they hinted had been in Crossbell, not to mention the true protagonist of the series
Anton.

PK Gaming

???: Well, I suppose it's time I stopped playing around.
Anton: Ricki, what are you saying...?!
Grandmaster Ricki: Commencing the Phantasmal Blaze Plan

It'll happen, I guarantee it

zakujanai

???: Well, I suppose it's time I stopped playing around.
Anton: Ricki, what are you saying...?!
Grandmaster Ricki: Commencing the Phantasmal Blaze Plan

It'll happen, I guarantee it

Oh man, you've just reminded me of the last time Anton saw Ricky and he
didn't remember him.
That shit was sadder than
Crow's scene.

Oh man, you've just reminded me of the last time Anton saw Ricki and he
didn't remember him.
That shit was sadder than
Crow's scene.

[Final Chapter]
There's actually an optional scene in Roer during which
Ricky finally remembers all the "good" memories he had with Anton. There are much tears.

zakujanai

[Final Chapter]
There's actually an optional scene in Roer during which
Ricky finally remembers all the "good" memories he had with Anton. There are much tears.

I seriously missed this?? I'm gutted, I'm so thorough too. Have to catch it in the replay after I've beaten the 3rd. Looking forward to an all-Toval first act 1 in that play too.

That whole last part has some real fantastic/fun missions all-around.

Yeah, the Epilogue is just full of amazing side quests.
The Class Warfare quest was amazing, and I was dying when Vandyck and Beatrix showed up. The whole Lakelord/Annabelle thing was just so much fun, especially with how oblivious Kenneth was, and then you had Anton's quest, which somehow ended a lot better than I thought it might.

Nyoro SF

The Class Warfare quest was amazing, and I was dying when Vandyck and Beatrix showed up. The whole Lakelord/Annabelle thing was just so much fun, especially with how oblivious Kenneth was, and then you had Anton's quest, which somehow ended a lot better than I thought it might.

Yes, the Epilogue side quests are the best side quests in the game.

I can't believe I missed Ricky in Roer. I'll be sure to catch that if I play again.

PK Gaming

That whole last part has some real fantastic/fun missions all-around.

Yes, the Epilogue side quests are the best side quests in the game.

I can't believe I missed Ricky in Roer. I'll be sure to catch that if I play again.

Real talk, it wasn't the ending or
Crow's death that broke me. It was when I worked through all of the fun quests and thought "man, it's really over now." I actually had to stop and just... let it overwhelm me. It didn't help that the music that played during that segment was freaking phenomenal.
Probably one of the most emotionally satisfying "payoffs" I've experienced in gaming.

Damn, now i'm feeling a bit of it again :'(

Thoraxes

Real talk, it wasn't the ending or
Crow's death that broke me. It was when I worked through all of the fun quests and thought "man, it's really over now." I actually had to stop and just... let it overwhelm me. It didn't help that the music that played during that segment was freaking phenomenal.
Probably one of the most emotionally satisfying "payoffs" I've experienced in gaming.

Damn, now i'm feeling a bit of it again :'(

Not gonna like, the area that last part takes place in coupled with the music you linked, made me tear up pretty much that entire last stretch of the game as I was playing. I felt like an emotional wreck the whole time lol

Especially the chord progressions at 1:32. The flat-6 to 5 in the bass voice is absolutely killer at the end of the first period of the phrase group.

PK Gaming

Not gonna like, the area that last part takes place in coupled with the music you linked, made me tear up pretty much that entire last stretch of the game as I was playing. I felt like an emotional wreck the whole time lol

Especially the chord progressions at 1:32. The flat-6 to 5 in the bass voice is absolutely killer at the end of the first period of the phrase group.

I'm glad you were able to put what I was feeling into actual words using musical terms, lol. That part of the song is unbelievably good, and I always wait for it to finish before leaving the area. Cold Steel in general is really great at getting music to affect your mood.

The first game's final boss is still the greatest final boss theme of all time™.

Gu4n

Lloyd

Osborne
thing?
Probably that. As some who played Ao, though, I already knew
that Osborne survived and managed to oppress the Noble Alliance to occupy.
I was also convinced that
he must've been Rean's father
mid-Cold Steel I. What DID surprise the Gehenna out of me was
his hijacking of Ouroboros' plan, that was first introduced all the way back in The 3rd. The behind-the-scene organisations suddenly have to deal with someone with knowledge of both worlds- not to mention he took over the Black Workshop, which contains pre-Collapse technology.

What really hit me was the actual ending, and mostly in how understated or definitive it was.

zakujanai

Probably that. As some who played Ao, though, I already knew
that Osborne survived and managed to oppress the Noble Alliance to occupy.
I was also convinced that
he must've been Rean's father
mid-Cold Steel I. What DID surprise the Gehenna out of me was
his hijacking of Ouroboros' plan, that was first introduced all the way back in The 3rd. The behind-the-scene organisations suddenly have to deal with someone with knowledge of both worlds- not to mention he took over the Black Workshop, which contains pre-Collapse technology.

What really hit me was the actual ending, and mostly in how understated or definitive it was.

Wait, Ao spoils even one of the big end twists of CS2? Feels like there vast majority of these games is irrelevant to someone who's played every other on the series and you basically had to play it for the bits after the finale? I really need to finish the last two parts before I can decide how I feel about these games, so far they've been enjoyable but ultimately frustratingly unsatisfying.

Thank Aidios I still have the 3rd to look forward to.

Young Magus

Yea the ending felt like the journey was set in stone for Class VII and that things were done eventhough there were still questions I had.

Its funny because I got the same feel from Zero when I played it. If I didn't know about So then I would've been thinking that Zero was conclusive enough to the crossbell saga.

General Cold Steel Question:
Why is people guessin that Gauis could be a domination in the future?

Top Bottom