• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

dallow_bg

nods at old men
yankee666 said:
I couldnt resist the Hype and i ended paying nearly $80 plus shipping for the Japanese version. I know is gonna worth every penny.
Cmon EMS bring it FAST!!!! :)

EDIt: I saw the commercial and if the baby that im expecting is a girl i should name it Zelda (at least the middle name, but i know my wife would kill me if i do )
I'm pretty sure you do, but just to check. You have a JPN 3DS right?

waru

Naked Snake said:
Is that a real commerical? Did he really name his daughter after the game? Awesome!

My daughter's name is Zelda and I have Nintendo tatoos (controller socket)

What Nintendo has done to me???

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
waru said:
My daughter's name is Zelda and I have Nintendo tatoos (controller socket)

What Nintendo has done to me???
Do you have a big, bushy beard?

vanty said:
The shot at the end with how they're sitting and holding hands is really weird. Even more so than the beard.

Yeah at first I thought they were in a restaurant or something, but then turns out they're on a couch holding hands in some fancy dark room...

Also, what does he mean "The first time I saw you, I knew we'd be late forever." ?

Detox

Eurogamer - 10/10

If you've played it before, there are so many of these moments that you'll have forgotten, and seeing them like this is a wonderful and really quite emotional experience. It's the realisation of a long-held dream. If you haven't – well, I'm deeply envious.

Great art means different things to you at different points in your life. Ocarina of Time means something different to me now than it did 13 years ago. But the fact that it still has so much meaning is an affirmation of something I've long suspected: that this game is one of the greatest things that video games have ever achieved.

Mistle

Naked Snake said:
Yeah at first I thought they were in a restaurant or something, but then turns out they're on a couch holding hands in some fancy dark room...

Also, what does he mean "The first time I saw you, I knew we'd be late forever." ?
Linked

EDIT: I just realised, if you prepare your mind for him to say "late", it sounds like he says late. Same thing if you prepare for him to say "linked". Crazy! D:

New Ganondorf design for Skyward Sword confirmed!

Ganonwilliams.jpg

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Eurogamer review is up: 10/10
This is still a young industry, and up until very recently, technological restrictions often prevented games from being all that they could be. Remakes have the potential to realise a game's vision in a way that wasn't possible when it was first made.
That is exactly what The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D does. This is a better version of Ocarina of Time that's worth every penny of its modern-day price tag. Really, that should be all you need to know. It looks glorious.
The 3D, of course, adds a whole new level of visual sumptuousness. Motes of glittering dust float around in the Lost Woods; Navi flies excitably in and out of the screen to highlight points of interest; the view from Death Mountain really does stretch off into the distance. I find myself turning the 3D on for exploration and turning it off in dungeons so that my brain can concentrate on working itself around the puzzles without being distracted by enemies and the occasional unwelcome pillar leaping out at me.
There are subtle and not-so-subtle adjustments to the gameplay. Navi calls out less frequently, which makes her less annoying; the maps are clearer and easier to see; the item and inventory screens are down on the touch screen. Aiming the bow and arrow, catapult, hookshot or boomerang can now optionally be done by moving the 3DS around instead of using the analogue stick. I found the new motion control method considerably more accurate.
Great art means different things to you at different points in your life. Ocarina of Time means something different to me now than it did 13 years ago. But the fact that it still has so much meaning is an affirmation of something I've long suspected: that this game is one of the greatest things that video games have ever achieved.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Naked Snake said:
Awesome. Hope the OP keeps updated with new reviews, commercials, etc.
Added the Eurogamer score, the Robin Williams commercial and the CG commercial to the OP.
I'll try to keep it updated, but should I miss something please let me know.

The Eurogamer does well in conveying what I've preached many times. Ocarina's design betrays it's age. It's not something where you go "oh yeah, it was great for the time, but now it's pretty unimpressive." It's too good for that. It still shames most modern day games.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
they rave about the 3D and the motion controls, but any comments on whether you can only choose one? I found the AR games with 3D on very tricky to keep in the sweetspot. For smooth motion controlled aiming I'd want more freedom than that offered.

Here is how my morning went:

Called a few Targets, all said they sold out but ONE had it in, so I proceed to ensure I can buy it by asking if it is available to BUY or they just have it in a box (I was burned like this not too long ago) and the lady proceeded to tell me it is with the other games ready to be bought.
I thank her and rush down there. I see the game, I ask for assistance, the lady gets the game out, puts it on the counter, scans it and bzzzzzzzzzzzztttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt big ole "NOT TO BE SOLD UNTIL 6/19" appears on her screen and says there is nothing that can be done.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
mrklaw said:
they rave about the 3D and the motion controls, but any comments on whether you can only choose one? I found the AR games with 3D on very tricky to keep in the sweetspot. For smooth motion controlled aiming I'd want more freedom than that offered.
AFAIC, when I lose the sweet spot it takes me a tenth of second to find it back.

Princess Skittles said:
What? Who wrote that? That's just.. actually I can't decide if it's sad or funny.

That's an odd thing to say about the game. I remember how the cinematic cut-scenes were hail an integral part of the game. They were very impressive technically on the N64 at the time.

Does any one have the high res artwork Nintendo re-distributed for this game? IGN has them (mostly character art) but they all have watermarks on them. Thanks in advance!

TheBanditKing said:
Does any one have the high res artwork Nintendo re-distributed for this game? IGN has them (mostly character art) but they all have watermarks on them. Thanks in advance!

Seconding this request.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Naked Snake said:
That's an odd thing to say about the game. I remember how the cinematic cut-scenes were hail an integral part of the game. They were very impressive technically on the N64 at the time.
Well, my point was more that engine (in game graphics) cut-scenes and text really don't take up any memory retail estate.

Princess Skittles said:
Well, my point was more that engine (in game graphics) cut-scenes and text really don't take up any memory retail estate.

Right. That point went over my head. So the statement is doubly wrong, because the game did have plenty of cut-scenes, and they don't take much space in the cartridge since they are real-time.

_Alkaline_ said:
Really?

Cause Donkey Kong was pretty hard by anyone's watch, dude.

Gets a pass for not being a first party game :p

Retro = 2nd party?

But before I get burned at a stake, I haven't played every Nintendo game, in fact I have only played a handful this generation. But from my personal experience, Nintendo games tend to be easy to complete, but difficult to master.

kaskade

Alright that review definitely sold me. I haven't played the game since the N64 era so it's going to feel pretty new to me. It's probably going to be a trip going through the locations and start to remember them.

Effect

Naked Snake said:

Retro = 2nd party?

But before I get burned at a stake, I haven't played every Nintendo game, in fact I have only played a handful this generation. But from my personal experience, Nintendo games tend to be easy to complete, but difficult to master.

First party. 100% owned by Nintendo.

markot

Banned
Naked Snake said:

Retro = 2nd party?

Its not second party if Nintendo owns and operates em >.<

heyf00L

My friend's mom's name is Zelda. Of course she was born way before the game came out. That's the only person I've ever heard of having the name. Where in the world did Shiggy find that name?

Looks like I'll be buying a 3DS for this. There's a special offer: 3DS + game of choice for 244 euro's. So I think I'll go this shop on Monday right after my exam. I could probably get it this week but then I wouldn't get to studying at all I think. I don't care about the poor battery life since I'm not going to take it with me outside anyway, I have an iPhone 4 for that.
I really wanted to wait with buying a 3DS since I shouldn't be spending this kind of money on an entertainment device but It's Zelda, I just can't resist....

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Naked Snake said:

Retro = 2nd party?

Nintendo purchased Retro for $1 million about 6 months before Metroid Prime was released.

Top Bottom