• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BY2K said:
SPOILER BELOW, EASTER EGG THAT IS NOT FROM THE ORIGINAL!
Is this something that we can easily find out ourselves by playing the game? I deleted the text before I could read it. Spoilers are far too tempting to check!

BY2K said:
SPOILER BELOW, EASTER EGG THAT IS NOT FROM THE ORIGINAL!

There is a Skyward Sword artwork hidden in the Gerudo Fortress.

The guy that posted the video says that there is more, but he will only post more after the game's official release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owIvT2_VTP8&feature=player_embedded#at=99 CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK! It was not in the original game!
That's really cool! I'm curious to see other easter eggs.

Willectro

Banned
I want to get this game badly but I don't have a 3DS yet. Has Nintendo hinted at anytime for a hardware refresh of the 3DS? (sorry if this is a little off-topic).

Oxx

will52 said:
I want to get this game badly but I don't have a 3DS yet. Has Nintendo hinted at anytime for a hardware refresh of the 3DS? (sorry if this is a little off-topic).

Nope. Certainly not this year. The software line-up approaching the end of the year is pretty strong, and the thing will sell well enough over the holiday season anyway.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I want some OOT, but the 3DS is a bit fugly and quite a bit too expensive right now.

And the black 3DS was £20 cheaper this time last week anyway. Grrrr.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
will52 said:
They launched it a couple of months ago. DS refreshes came out (pretty much) every two years.

kanugo

About the OST, do we have a list of the europeans countries where the registration will be available?

Or is that available for all the european countries with Club Nintendo?

I just hate that Nintendo of Scandinavia can't have a Club Nintendo service. I would really have loved to get that cd. Nice OT though, it is either this game or Mercenaries I will be getting this month. Can't wait to play it again.

solarus

kanugo said:
About the OST, do we have a list of the europeans countries where the registration will be available?

Or is that available for all the european countries with Club Nintendo?
Well to quote NOE:
"Club Nintendo Members who register their copy of the game will have the chance to get their hands on an exclusive THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME 3D SOUNDTRACK CD, featuring a slew of great tracks from the game score. But, if you want to get your hands on one, you'll have to register the game by the 30th of June 2011!"
It seems you just have to register before 30th of June.

solarus said:
If that's all it is, that is great news. The way they originally announced it with the limited quantity made my hair stand on end.

This game looks incredible. It's going to suck waiting for 3DS lite before playing, but I learned my lesson after last time...
It made me chuckle how everyone seems to get awesome stuff preordering and then north america gets a poster. Oh well, soundtrack!

solarus said:
Well to quote NOE:
"Club Nintendo Members who register their copy of the game will have the chance to get their hands on an exclusive THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME 3D SOUNDTRACK CD, featuring a slew of great tracks from the game score. But, if you want to get your hands on one, you'll have to register the game by the 30th of June 2011!"

Hopefully they fix Club Nintendo before the 30th June then...

Max

I am not Max
Spike said:
There are some nice preorder bonuses that I would have gone for.

NoA fails yet again...
they're giving every north american club nintendo member the chance to get the physical soundtrack

NoA succeeds.

jonno394

Got a letter from GAME UK today with a voucher to buy a 3DS and OOT 3D for £179.99 between 17th June and 1st July.

They've twisted my arm now with that price.

Randomizer

Electivirus said:
I hope I don't get my copy too late. I want that soundtrack, dammit! >:V

That's what I'm worried about too, I don't know who to place my order with here in the UK. Amazon and Play are the cheapest but they don't ship till release day so no way I'm I ordering from them. Anyone have experience using Game.co.uk do they ship before release or on release day?

Edit: Think I'll go with Shopto as they have it at the same price and they usually get my games to me a day early.

jonno394 said:
Got a letter from GAME UK today with a voucher to buy a 3DS and OOT 3D for £179.99 between 17th June and 1st July.

They've twisted my arm now with that price.

Same here. I know I'm going to get one eventually, so...

Randomizer said:
That's what I'm worried about too, I don't know who to place my order with here in the UK. Amazon and Play are the cheapest but they don't ship till release day so no way I'm I ordering from them. Anyone have experience using Game.co.uk do they ship before release or on release day?

I've used them a lot and they always ship ahead of the release date. My games always arrive on the Thursday but some people get them on Fridays. My personal experience with them is great and I always use the free first class option.

DaBuddaDa

I wonder what the market research says about why they decided to darken the gold cover for the Australia release, and use the same cover but with a slightly more shiny yellow color in the US.

syoaran

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I think most of us are doing that.

Once Kid Icarus comes around, I'm sure it'll be well worth it. And Resident Evil Mercenaries is next week!

Well its going to be a quiet summer I think, but then you got Starfox, Icarus, Mario & probably Metal Gear all in the space of 12 weeks, not to mention a slew of good 3rd party titles.

syoaran said:
Well its going to be a quiet summer I think, but then you got Starfox, Icarus, Mario & probably Metal Gear all in the space of 12 weeks, not to mention a slew of good 3rd party titles.
I was excited about MGS3, but after reading 1up's preview of it, I'm not sure. They're saying that MGS3 is looking like a inferior port from the PS2 game with framerate problems.

I know it isn't finished but it's not looking good.

But IGN is raving about Resident Evil Revelations. I'm very excited for that!

I have to admit I wasn't sold on this until I played the 3DS today. Wow. I wasn't a believer at first, but I have seen the light. Such an amazing little system capable of some incredible things. The 3D really does add a lot of depth, which should make this game worth playing through again.

syoaran

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I was excited about MGS3, but after reading 1up's preview of it, I'm not sure. They're saying that MGS3 is looking like a inferior port from the PS2 game with framerate problems.

I know it isn't finished but it's not looking good.

But IGN is raving about Resident Evil Revelations. I'm very excited for that!

It's 1UP, They also said that Deus Ex HR looks rubbish... so......

Honestly, judging from Konami's non-presence I think its rushed demo build, which seemed to be a big problem this year.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Awesome OP!

NoA/C's preorder bonus is lacklustre compared to the others. It's like they don't even care/don't want to try anymore. They're almost as bad as Konami--continuously breaking my heart.

Very excited for the game, and I want that soundtrack badly. I can't believe it's going to be out very soon. I recently played OoT during the Christmas break, so it'll be a treat to see how it looks in its remastered version. :D

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
So it's being called Master Quest, but the Master Quest in this game is not the same as it was on the Gamecube, right? With the rearranged dungeons, differently placed items, etc.?

Cocopjojo said:
So it's being called Master Quest, but the Master Quest in this game is not the same as it was on the Gamecube, right? With the rearranged dungeons, differently placed items, etc.?

It is the same, except it's also been mirrored.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
It is the same, except it's also been mirrored.
The same as which, normal game or NGC Master Quest?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Master Quest in this game is Master Quest from the GCN disc but mirrored (and yeah, I think enemies do more damage too).
Thanks, that's pretty sweet. I'm surprised. Well done Nintendo.

Didn't realize there was an OT now, so here's the info from the other thread:

Some new information from my friend Patricia (who has translated materials for me in the past)

It's highly possible you may have noticed this already, but while watching this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Q85OrARH0) of OoT 3DS, I saw some Hylian text that differs from that in the original N64 version.

Many people say that all the Hylian text in OoT is just gibberish and that the syllabary up in Omniglot (http://www.omniglot.com/writing/hylian.htm) was all made up by fans based on subjective observations, but I think the text in the 3DS version will prove otherwise, and here are three examples:

1) The potion shop in the Marketplace "HAIRIA kusuriya (Hylia / kusuriya)," that means, "Hylian pharmacy."

2) The King's tomb in the Kakariko Graveyard (Unfortunately, I can make out just the first line, the second one and the text in the block on the ground are not very clear.) "HAIRARU ouke tamashii nemuru (Hyrule / Royal Family / soul / sleep)," which could roughly be translated to "The souls of the Royal Family of Hyrule rest here."

3) The text in the Temple of Time, where you put the Kokiri Emerald, the Goron Ruby, and the Zora Sapphire "OKARINA tobira hiraku MASUTA- SO-DO (ocarina / door / open / master /
sword)," that in a somewhat broken Japanese could mean, "The ocarina opens the door to the Master Sword."

And below that, "toki no yuusha kourin (time / possessive particle /hero / advent)," which could be translated to, "The advent of the hero of time."

The text of course doesn't have spaces between words (just like regular Japanese), but in some cases there's a space between small linguistic units (ocarina opendoor mastersword). Also, the syllabary has no marks for changing "h" to "b" (it says "tohira", not "tobira") nor the elongation dash (it says, "masutasodo"), but if I can understand the text the way it is, it must be a lot easier for a native Japanese speaker to do so.

I bet there are more examples in the game (I was able to make out the word "bowling" in the lower line of the text in the Bombchuu Bowling Alley building), and discovering them all will be something else to look forward to, or at least for me, heh.

It's a shame this Hylian text feature gets lost in localization, but it's nice to see Nintendo pays attention to such small details. Hopefully, the Internet may prevent the Hylian text in OoT 3DS from going unnoticed by non-Japanese speaking fans.

How different is the Master Quest? I'm wondering if that's the way to play this one. 3D and redone graphics are cool, but I've beating OoT so many times that I'm more interested in Master Quest than the game proper. I never played it on GameCube but I had a friend who had it and he said that the dungeons didn't flow as well, that they felt more like a series of independent puzzles than a dungeon that you're learning your way around. Thoughts?

Big One

Banned
Oh god I hope that Skyward Sword cameo art doesn't spoil anything.

If there's more than one I'm fully expecting seeing some potential spoilers like characters we haven't seen before for example.

Branson

Excited! Going to be my first Zelda game I'm going to play. Also ready to finally get some serious gaming done on the 3DS.

KarmaCow

dr3upmushroom said:
How different is the Master Quest? I'm wondering if that's the way to play this one. 3D and redone graphics are cool, but I've beating OoT so many times that I'm more interested in Master Quest than the game proper. I never played it on GameCube but I had a friend who had it and he said that the dungeons didn't flow as well, that they felt more like a series of independent puzzles than a dungeon that you're learning your way around. Thoughts?

Yea, basically like a fan hack. Cows in walls acting as switches, tons of Stone of Time blocks in the way, it's not like completely new dungeons.

Now that I think about it, there's something that bothered me about OoT and Zelda in general. The random text speed. Sometimes you blaze through it, other times it's painfully slow. A notable example that I recall was
in the Gerudo Fortress, you had to rescue 4 carpenters. The first one basically states that gaurds blah blah blah, and then H-E-R-E T-H-E-Y-A-R-E, letter for letter in an agonizingly slow speed. The worst part is that if you fail to rescue him, he'll say the same thing in the same speed. If you rescue him, the other three says the same damn thing in the same damn speed.

Was that fixed?

Symphonic

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Master Quest in this game is Master Quest from the GCN disc but mirrored (and yeah, I think enemies do more damage too).

Some dungeons are redesigned to be more difficult as well, it's more than just mirroring if I recall.

neoism said:
you have to unlock it first... Nice job Nintendo... :/

Oh no! You have to play an awesome game to unlock an even more challenging/rewarding version of said awesome game!

KarmaCow said:
Yea, basically like a fan hack. Cows in walls acting as switches, tons of Stone of Time blocks in the way, it's not like completely new dungeons.
Haha, yeah, I remember him mentioning something about the cow switches. Is like a fan hack just in that it's not new dungeons, or are the quality/ cleverness of the puzzles also noticeably lacking compared to the actual game?

Kirbyguy, that's not a glitch or oversight or anything that needs to be "fixed." Since the game doesn't have voice acting, the developers played around with text speed to convey emotion. Something said faster might be said frantically, something said slower might be whispered or yelled. It's not great since it might not always be clear what they were going for and obviously some people are just annoyed by it, but it's like that for a reason.

dr3upmushroom said:
Kirbyguy, that's not a glitch or oversight or anything that needs to be "fixed." Since the game doesn't have voice acting, the developers played around with text speed to convey emotion. Something said faster might be said frantically, something said slower might be whispered or yelled. It's not great since it might not always be clear what they were going for and obviously some people are just annoyed by it, but it's like that for a reason.

It makes sense and yet I still feel the same.

I just hooked up my N64 and loaded up my old Zelda OOT save. Through S-video. Wow. The controls still hold up, but the graphics really don't. The remake looks so much better. I remember playing that save on and on just finding the scarecrows which didn't even give you anything. I never did find one quarter heart. I think it was one from the race at the cemetery and you could only get it during a certain window of time during the game when you had the bunny ears. I'm making it a point to get all the hearts this time.

GCX

Oni Link 666 said:
The controls still hold up, but the graphics really don't. The remake looks so much better.
I think someone said it pretty spot on that the remake's graphics look like the original does in our head (with the added nostalgia filter).

Top Bottom