• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Tricky I Shadow said:
Can’t wait! Especially since I’ve never finished it before. **runs away crying**

You and I both. Don't have a 3DS anymore though. Bailed on it and will pick up another in the fall. Will still keep an eye on this thread though...

0_o hmmm do the stones do something now?

286.jpg

This has been my most anticipated 3DS game since before the system's release. Even though I have OoT and MQ on the GC bonus discs, I never played them. The last time I played OoT was on N64 more than 12 years ago.

Can't wait. Bring it on!

PounchEnvy said:
I believe they play help videos now.

Yup, those are the vision stones. They're so far spread out mostly at every puzzle area in the game, so you will never be stuck in the game. They also give you a chance to check out the visions after you are killed in combat.

Gravijah

Shame time: I've never fully completed OoT. I've played through I'd say 75% of it and played another save file to beat the final boss, but I have never actually gone completely through the game. :(

I've beaten OoT, but have never 100%'d it (or any Zelda game, actually). I plan to do that in OoT 3D.

I'm considering playing OoT fully on the N64 before playing 3D. I purposely haven't played it since 3D was announced, but I feel like if I play it again now, it will be easier for me to notice the differences from the old to the new.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Added a What's New section to the OP:

1b_whatsnewwn5w.png

small_triforcefq6t.png
Improved 3D models and textures.

small_triforcefq6t.png
Remastered music with similar samples.

small_triforcefq6t.png
One all-new orchestral track.

small_triforcefq6t.png
Touchscreen menus (which means easy switching!).

small_triforcefq6t.png
Iron Boots are now an item, not a piece of equipment.

small_triforcefq6t.png
Gyroscope controls when in first person mode (can be disabled if you prefer the analog stick).

small_triforcefq6t.png
The Water Temple was overhauled, doors and important landmarks are more visible now.

small_triforcefq6t.png
The areas using prerendered CGI as backgrounds are now in full 3D, with many all-new graphical details absent in the original game.

small_triforcefq6t.png
You can unlock a Master Quest mode (similar to the one on the Gamecube disc, but the world is mirrored and the game is harder).

small_triforcefq6t.png
You can unlock a Boss Rush mode.

small_triforcefq6t.png
Sheikah Stones play hint videos if you're stumped (Super Guide).

small_triforcefq6t.png
Possibly even more!

YoT6p.jpg

Please feel free to point out what I may have missed.

Can't wait to get my hands on this, should be here by Thursday - Wind Waker is the only 3D Zelda game I actually completed (and twice, at that), so while I'm insanely familiar with the early parts of Ocarina, I've never once got to finish it.

Cetra

Missed OoT on N64, this will be my first time playing it. I'm super damned stoked for this.

Also, damned fine OP.

Alrus

I haven't played OoT in a really long time. I can't wait to relive the adventure! (and I bought MM on VC in anticipation)

syoaran

Gravijah said:
Shame time: I've never fully completed OoT. I've played through I'd say 75% of it and played another save file to beat the final boss, but I have never actually gone completely through the game. :(

That IS disappointing, as the last 25% is the best part of the game.

Still, redemption time. Finally getting pumped for this, 4-5 more days and this is mine!

bitoriginal

Pre-ordered and can't wait to get my hands on it. Having owned a N64, I'm not entirely sure how I've ended up in the 'never played it' boat, guess it just passed me by at the time.

WillyFive

Ad Infinitum said:
I'm so jealous of everyone playing the game for the first time.

Yeah.

I wonder how much a difference it will make after a decade of Zelda games building upon it, and there no longer being slowdown when you strike an enemy with your sword.

The pre-order bonus for GameStop Ireland (my place of work) was supposed to be a poster but they are giving away the light blue ocarinas too. Yoink! They're actually way heavier than I expected.
That's my evening sorted.....and in no way is that depressing!

GCX said:
I think someone said it pretty spot on that the remake's graphics look like the original does in our head (with the added nostalgia filter).

Yup. After playing it further it still feels like that. The 3D effect is getting better for me, and I would rather play with it on then off now.

But man, the game still holds up very well. I don't know if the writing has been altered, but it still flows well, and doesn't feel like a badly translated game.

MicH

I've never finished Ocarina of Time either, but played the early parts so many times. I really want to play through this, though. Need a 3DS first.. urgh.. Give me a red one, Nintendo Europe!

Amir0x

Banned
fuck me i ordered this. I told myself I wouldn't, I argued on GAF for months that I wouldn't, but I just can't...I can't not get a Zelda game on launch day. I just can't. Fuck my life.

Amir0x said:
fuck me i ordered this. I told myself I wouldn't, I argued on GAF for months that I wouldn't, but I just can't...I can't not get a Zelda game on launch day. I just can't. Fuck my life.

Did the same thing with Soul Silver. Didn't intend to buy it... but I did anyway. Not entirely fond of that to this day.

Amir0x said:

One of us. One of us.

Ghost23

I am going to be in a car for 12 hours on Saturday, so it would have been a perfect opportunity to play OoT. Too bad the game comes out on Sunday....:(

loosus

Banned
Here is one minor positive thing that I think some people (especially adults with jobs) will like: the game plays a little faster. Like, when you hang from the side of a wall and get up, Link gets up a little faster now. Link generally recovers more quickly from mistakes you make. Little things like that will probably make the game more tolerable this go around.

I'm really glad Ocarina of Time is being updated for 3DS. I'm so tired of being told that I'm wearing nostalgia goggles whenever I point out how wonderful the game is. With a few tweaks to the graphics and item managment, this is still one of the greatest games today.

3DS lite, come out sooner! I promised myself I wouldn't buy the regular 3DS.

Top Bottom