• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda ~The Minish Cap~ Famitsu scan

Looking very good. Glad this makes it out this November in Europe, it'll be the first game I've bought in an actual shop for years.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Finding_Nemo-seagulls.jpg

MINE!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Looks great, but I would like to see less 'tiles' and more organic and flexible graphics...like Legend of Mana for example. I think it would work great with the artstyle, hell you can even see that kind of approach in some of those pics. But on the other hand, I guess it would be a bit troublesome for puzzles.

AniHawk

Yusaku said:
Why doesn't Nintendo just buy the division of Capcom that keeps making these 2D Zeldas anyways?

I think it's because it's cheaper this way. Flagship also made the latest Kirby GBA game.

Tritroid

AniHawk said:
I hope this is a lot better than OoS and OoA were.
OoS and OoA were done very well, especially considering they were Capcom's first attempt at the franchise. I didn't really like the random Zelda references from point to point, but the individual stories were pretty good, and the puzzles/dungeons were some of the hardest seen thus far in any Zelda game.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Drexon said:
Aaaah, so that's what they said!
well no... i'm pretty sure they were saying "mate". I should know since I'm an Australian, so the accent sounds natural to me ;P

belgurdo

Banned
The gulls are saying "mine." They even had a feature on it on the Nemo DVD special extras

And I hope MC has multiple characters to play as, or at least mutliple weapons

Yusaku

Hah, I remember a giant flame ridden thread about the stupid gulls in Nemo on another board. Some douche just would not accept that they're saying "mine." 'Mate' makes no sense.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Flagship also made the latest Kirby GBA game.

Not quite. Dimps programmed the last Kirby game with some HAL/Nintendo designers and artists.

Capcom Production Studio 1 programmed The Zelda Oracle games and Minish Cap.

Flagship handles design, story, and coordination.

Alex

OoA and OoS were fantastic. Majora > Ages > Ocarina are the best games in the series, IMO.

Prine said:
No, they said "Mate"

In an Austrialian accent ofcourse, so its more like "Mayte"
No, they really dont. Like, when the crab is out of the water, and they all run after it to get it, and it jumps in the water, and the last one goes "Mine?" like, damnit i want my crab.

jarrod

Banned
Shikamaru Ninja said:
Not quite. Dimps programmed the last Kirby game with some HAL/Nintendo designers and artists.

Capcom Production Studio 1 programmed The Zelda Oracle games and Minish Cap.

Flagship handles design, story, and coordination.
Flagship still worked on The Amazing Mirror though right? Dimps programming has me worried, hopefully the game design was 100% Hal (as Dimps' own games are rather crap).

And Capcom Studio 1 rocks... they also made PowerStone and Monster Hunter. :)

MoxManiac

Yeah, the OoA/OoS games were top class. All about what makes Zelda great, challenge, puzzles, and exploration. Much better than the recent candy-ass Zeldas lately.

AniHawk

MoxManiac said:
Yeah, the OoA/OoS games were top class. All about what makes Zelda great, challenge, puzzles, and exploration. Much better than the recent candy-ass Zeldas lately.

OoA was a nice game. I enjoyed it well enough. OoS not so much.

I felt like both rehashes of each other and/or Link's Awakening.

AssMan

Banned
Why can't a Zelda game like this be developed on GCN? That would definately be an innovating gameplay system in 3D using cel shading.

AeroGod

In all honesty I dont think the game looks THAT great, and im a pretty big fan of Zelda in these styles (OoA, LttP, FSA) Ill reserve final judgement untill I play it though. Hopefully it turns out good.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I like that "Fuse Kinstones" screen -- it makes me think there will be more to this Zelda than the standard "get your bow, get your bombs" progression that we've seen before.

Top Bottom