• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mad King approaches! Will NeoGAF choose to join the festivities, or ignore them?

Thorn has made his opinion on the matter clear...

2ypj5og.jpg

Guild Wars 2007 Halloween Event -- 10/26 thru 10/31

ANet just announced it -- this year's Halloween celebration will begin on Friday, October 26 and end on Wednesday, October 31st at midnight PST. Surprisingly, there will be no GWEN -centered party this year; instead, the cities from last year - Lion's Arch and Kamadan - will play host once again. In addition to the usual holiday trappings (redecorated towns, spooky NPC collectors, Halloween consumables, presumably a hat or two), this year's event promises to bring a couple of new surprises...

First up is the all new mini-game known as The Costume Brawl! Players will get to "dress up" as a class-specific hero/henchmen from the series, then compete against one another using their costume's unique skill bar in special mock PvP battles, all for Halloween prizes. To learn more about how this new event works, visit the official Costume Brawl page.

The second surprise is this:
New Mystery Item: Go out into the world and defeat monsters for a chance to obtain a special treat, new this year.
What might it be? Just a new holiday consumable? Or something a little more rewarding? Nobody knows at this point...

Now, I know GAF and Guild Wars don't get along so well, so this time there'll be no proposed get-together that's destined to fail. All I ask is that you at least consider dusting off that old account and playing, for this weekend only. You only need an account with either Prophecies or Nightfall attached; heck, I'm not sure if you couldn't get in with just a trial key.

v7qcnr.gif

"BOO!"

Top Bottom