• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Andokuky said:
20-30 minutes for stats is insane in my opinion...

I used to write down drive recaps throughout the game and complete stats for leagues on the Dreamcast and on those things we had a bare bones browser, no templates or anything and it only took 5-10 minutes tops.

IT DOES NOT TAKE 20-30 MINUTES TO INPUT STATS

Anyone who took that long must be very slow. JayFro was saying that because i guess thats what he thought it took.

JayFro

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
IT DOES NOT TAKE 20-30 MINUTES TO INPUT STATS

Anyone who took that long must be very slow. JayFro was saying that because i guess thats what he thought it took.

For the sake of not being a jackass I printed out the sheets, wrote everything down on paper and went over to my computer afterwards and typed it all in. Total time 15-20 minutes, and yes I'm slow as fuck. :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
DCX said:
I don't want to quit though...i might have to becuase by the time i get an Xbox...you guys might have a schedule already and stuff like that...what's messed up i played today against Malleymal, we played two games...after that i shut my 'Box off to play latter and then i saw my opponent for week 1 and since then, like 1pm i haven't been able to get my Xbox working...if anything, i guess i'll sit out til Season 2...sorry guys..

Edit: Any good deals on a BOX let me know :)

DCX

I went to EB and got 30 dollars for my xbox and i gave them midnight club 3, which i never opened and got like25, so my breand new REFURBISHED xbox came to about 85 buck... u can also send your xbox to Microsoft for 80 bucks and they will fix it and send it back to you.... those are two options..... i did eb, because i didnt want to wait... and the xbox was SHIT@@@... just keep trying to turn it on and off, it will catch then , never turn it off, that was what i was a bout to do, but it never turned back on and I ended up ripping the tray out by hand so I could get my madden out because the damn thing wouldnt eject...

JayFro

Banned
Fifty/FMT,

I've decided to play on, I've signed up for the league and I won't back out of it. It's good to play together.

hgplayer,

When can you play our week 2 preseason game? I'm hoping to put up a better performance compared to our tournament game.

JayFro

hgplayer1

JayFro said:
Fifty/FMT,

I've decided to play on, I've signed up for the league and I won't back out of it. It's good to play together.

hgplayer,

When can you play our week 2 preseason game? I'm hoping to put up a better performance compared to our tournament game.

JayFro

um i can play right now if you can but after this i wont be able to play again until like thursday evening.

dcx i'm not going to kick you out, take your time, we will save you a spot in the league. in the meantime, i or someone else will play your games. you are a reliable player and it's not your fault that your xbox crapped out on you.

guys, it took me 10 minutes to input all my stats. but even so, i'm giving you a lot of options here. do you have a digital camera? take pics of any stats we need and send them to me. i will input them for you. if you are that against entering ALL stats, just enter your top 5 tacklers + any sacks or interceptions that take place. i'm willing to be flexible here but it's not that big of a deal. what is 20 minutes a week on stats (which is roughly what you'll spend over the course of 2 games)?

p.s. also there is a distinct possibility we are going back to the pre-1995 NFL format. east,west,central divisions. that is going to be fun... i will get to play the rams, falcons, panthers and saints 2 times each -_-

hgplayer1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dcx i'm not going to kick you out, take your time, we will save you a spot in the league. in the meantime, i or someone else will play your games. you are a reliable player and it's not your fault that your xbox crapped out on you.

guys, it took me 10 minutes to input all my stats. but even so, i'm giving you a lot of options here. do you have a digital camera? take pics of any stats we need and send them to me. i will input them for you. if you are that against entering ALL stats, just enter your top 5 tacklers + any sacks or interceptions that take place. i'm willing to be flexible here but it's not that big of a deal. what is 20 minutes a week on stats (which is roughly what you'll spend over the course of 2 games)?

there are also a lot of options to make it easier. you can change the drop down player list to sort by last name or player number or position so if you are writing down stats after the game just write the players number down and just be sure to click the link to sort the drop down list by number before you start. also after the first time entering stats choose the option to save the players you entered as the default roster and they should automatically be there the next time you enter stats.

JayFro

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
there are also a lot of options to make it easier. you can change the drop down player list to sort by last name or player number or position so if you are writing down stats after the game just write the players number down and just be sure to click the link to sort the drop down list by number before you start. also after the first time entering stats choose the option to save the players you entered as the default roster and they should automatically be there the next time you enter stats.

Are you still available? I just ran to wal-mart for a quick bit, my ex came to pick up her shit tonight (we lived together) and she took the damn shower curtain, hooks, and friggin liner with her (bitch), so I had to pick those things up at wally world.

JayFro

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
hgplayer1 said:

Is this after the first time you enter?

Drey: We play today right? I get home at around 7 EDT.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Matrix said 20 minutes, Jay Fro is saying 30. This is really way too much time entering stats.

Ck,it took me 20 mins the first time because I was having issues with it going thru *got a timeout error message* ,I also had some questions for Fifty and Fmt and I had like 5 people on aim talking to me :p The 2nd game it took 10 total mins to enter all my stats,its really not that bad.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
10 MINUTES!??! WHAT THE FUCK?!?! TOO. LONG.

That's not so bad I guess. I'll just have to not play games in which I have to do something immediately afterwards. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm new at this,it will most likely take me even less time the 3rd time I do it :)

DJ_Tet

Banned
Wellington said:
Enough with these fucking emails! Seems like everytime someone sends out stats or makes a change, Leaguedaddy sends out an email. 4 emails from the Carolina/Seattle game, dammit.

:lol :lol :lol

Turn off that option, it's a little rediculous.

And sorry for the excessive edits, but that's what preseason is for.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think you can blame me on those emails. I somehow lost the game stats when I switched to the Player stats, which upset me. And I saved after inputting half of my player stats in case of another power outage. Didn't know it would send out 50 fricken emails. Can we turn off that option?

DCX

DCX
Malleymal said:
I went to EB and got 30 dollars for my xbox and i gave them midnight club 3, which i never opened and got like25, so my breand new REFURBISHED xbox came to about 85 buck... u can also send your xbox to Microsoft for 80 bucks and they will fix it and send it back to you.... those are two options..... i did eb, because i didnt want to wait... and the xbox was SHIT@@@... just keep trying to turn it on and off, it will catch then , never turn it off, that was what i was a bout to do, but it never turned back on and I ended up ripping the tray out by hand so I could get my madden out because the damn thing wouldnt eject...
:lol :lol :lol :lol That's was my other problem, Madden is in the tray :) My other problem is this. I plan on getting a 360 for Christmas for myself. Why spend 80-150 bucks on an Xbox now when that money could be used towards something else, especially if 360 is backwards compatible? Now the million dollar question is, will the 360 play Madden 06? If so, then that's what i'll do. Which will default me in all Seasons until then...if i had money to burn i would gotten an Xbox as soon as i noticed problems with my current one...

DCX

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:

p.s. also there is a distinct possibility we are going back to the pre-1995 NFL format. east,west,central divisions. that is going to be fun... i will get to play the rams, falcons, panthers and saints 2 times each -_-
With that said, i will get an Xbox...i feel like i owe to you guys...thx.

DCX

DJ_Tet

Banned
Lonestar said:
I think you can blame me on those emails. I somehow lost the game stats when I switched to the Player stats, which upset me. And I saved after inputting half of my player stats in case of another power outage. Didn't know it would send out 50 fricken emails. Can we turn off that option?

Yeah, you can turn it off in your profile, and at least 3 of those emails were my fault. I'm sure another one was sent out when you informed me that RA was rushing attempts not rushing average :)

I had a few problems entering stats. I had 5 for INTs at first till I realized it was how many INTs did my team GET, not have.

DCX

DCX
Malleymal said:
You traded in your messed up Xbox and they took it? They don't check it before you leave? If that's the case, that's what i'll do.

DCX

Matrix

DCX said:
You traded in your messed up Xbox and they took it? They don't check it before you leave? If that's the case, that's what i'll do.

DCX

I think EB takes used messed up xbox's,but of course gives you less trade in value.

Drey1082

Wellington said:

Drey: We play today right? I get home at around 7 EDT.

Sure, tonight will be fine.

I'll be home around 7 central. Anytime after that (not too late) will be fine. I'll be on AIM.

hgplayer1

Wellington said:

as far as I could tell, yes. I havent actually entered stats for a second game so maybe it doesnt work the way I was thinking but it did have a check box at the bottom of the player stats input screen that you could check to save the players you just entered stats for as a default lineup which should automatically appear the next time you go to enter stats. the part about the drop down lists Im not sure if it was there the first time or not. I didnt notice until after I had saved the stats then went back to double check them.

EDIT: ok I just checked and it does bring up my default line up when I go to enter stats for the second game. it didnt save the option to have the drop down list sort by player number but that just takes one click its done. this will really cut down the time the next time I enter stats.

shpankey

not an idiot
well, since my cowboys are taken, i'll take the next closest thing... the Patriots. If not them, the Chargers, if not them, let me know what's left. :)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
All of those are taken. I think all that is left is the Browns, Titans, Lions, and Jaquars.

shpankey

not an idiot
how do i join it? FMT gave the password but not the name of the league (that i can find anyhow). i searched for GAf and nothing.

nm. found it

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
The Jags and the titans are still left?? I remember when the titans were the shit....

EDIT come to the AFC we can use you..

Matrix

Fifty said:
Pick a team of the four lonestar mentioned and I'll set you up.

Dskillz didnt pick the Jags?

Fifty

Now they have pretty much the worst D in the game, except for maybe the browns'

edit: Dskillz hasn't expressed an interest in playing, and says he's waiting for the EA Leagues, ugh.

shpankey

not an idiot
fifty, give me who you deem as the best team left. i'm very new to all this. i could use some help. i like running the ball and defense. oldschool :)

i did pretty good with the Browns in the tourney... but i dunno if that was just cause FMT was letting me.

Fifty

Ok then, you'll get the Jags. Jags or Lions are pretty much the best two but the Jags have a better D. Also, you'll have to play a preseason game and enter in all of your stats to prove that you're going to be reliable in the season.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Now they have pretty much the worst D in the game, except for maybe the browns'

edit: Dskillz hasn't expressed an interest in playing, and says he's waiting for the EA Leagues, ugh.

Ugh indeed,oh well.

shpankey

not an idiot
we gotta enter our own stats? oh, shit... i'm not down with that. my apologies for not reading the rules closer.

hgplayer1

hey JayFro I just found out I wont be leaving town until tomorrow morning so I can play tonight but I do want to try to catch some of the Cowboys game. let me know asap whats the earliest you can play. Ill need to go to bed pretty early so before 10 is preferable.

newsguy

Cerebral Palsy said:
Once you have your roster saved it only takes like 5-10 minutes max.

CP can you tell me how to do this? I checked out my player stats page and it seems there's already a drop down list for my team there. Do I need to add to that list?

hgplayer1

newsguy said:
CP can you tell me how to do this? I checked out my player stats page and it seems there's already a drop down list for my team there. Do I need to add to that list?

hgplayer1 said:
as far as I could tell, yes. I havent actually entered stats for a second game so maybe it doesnt work the way I was thinking but it did have a check box at the bottom of the player stats input screen that you could check to save the players you just entered stats for as a default lineup which should automatically appear the next time you go to enter stats. the part about the drop down lists Im not sure if it was there the first time or not. I didnt notice until after I had saved the stats then went back to double check them.

EDIT: ok I just checked and it does bring up my default line up when I go to enter stats for the second game. it didnt save the option to have the drop down list sort by player number but that just takes one click its done. this will really cut down the time the next time I enter stats.

posted near the top of this page

newsguy said:

Yeah, use the drop down list to fill out your players stats, and click the "Save Currently Selected Players As Your Default Lineup" box at the bottom of the page before you click Save. Next time you go to enter stats all of the players you previously entered will be there, so if there are new players to add it should minimal. There is also an option to print out that table so you can quickly write in your stats after you play a game.

KingV

Rorschach said:
Come on, KingV. Where's the love!?

Yeah, sorry about not getting back to you right away. I saw I didn't have a preseason game earlier, and didn't realize immediately that one got scheduled. It's probably just me being getting league daddied.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
KingV said:
Yeah, sorry about not getting back to you right away. I saw I didn't have a preseason game earlier, and didn't realize immediately that one got scheduled. It's probably just me being getting league daddied.

Hey to make things easier, can you post your AIM nick?

Also, want to play our game today?

guys i just found a great shortcut to entering game stats. test it out and tell me how it goes. follow these steps:

1. go to "schedule"
2. find the game you want to enter stats for, click on that game.
3. near the top of the page, click on "import game stats"
4. go to your email that EA sends you, then copy the ENTIRE message they sent you (from top to bottom)
5. go to the "Paste entire content from email below" section and past whate you copied from email
6. hit "continue"
7. follow the simple directions and matchup the stats

boom you are done! this cuts the game stat entering time in half or more.

Rorschach

It's cool.

Wellington said:
Hey to make things easier, can you post your AIM nick?

Also, want to play our game today?
He can't play today. His AIM is Ssntom80.

JayFro

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
hey JayFro I just found out I wont be leaving town until tomorrow morning so I can play tonight but I do want to try to catch some of the Cowboys game. let me know asap whats the earliest you can play. Ill need to go to bed pretty early so before 10 is preferable.

I just got off work, it's nearly 6pm here and I can play around 6:45pm central time tonight. Let me know if that works for you hg.

JayFro

Top Bottom