• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

hgplayer1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i just found a great shortcut to entering game stats. test it out and tell me how it goes. follow these steps:

1. go to "schedule"
2. find the game you want to enter stats for, click on that game.
3. near the top of the page, click on "import game stats"
4. go to your email that EA sends you, then copy the ENTIRE message they sent you (from top to bottom)
5. go to the "Paste entire content from email below" section and past whate you copied from email
6. hit "continue"
7. follow the simple directions and matchup the stats

boom you are done! this cuts the game stat entering time in half or more.

i was wondering what that link was for. cool

Jay Ill be home in about 20 minutes and if I dont have anything else to do immediately Ill log in. Id like to start playing asap so i can catch the 1st quarter of the game.

JayFro

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
i was wondering what that link was for. cool

Jay Ill be home in about 20 minutes and if I dont have anything else to do immediately Ill log in. Id like to start playing asap so i can catch the 1st quarter of the game.

I can probably get on at 6:35 central time at the earliest, I have to eat dinner quick.

guys i am going to buy more stats for Game and Player stats. i know you are saying "oh christ now i have to enter MORE stats!?" but honestly we need them. something just isn't right about missing things like punt returns, 3rd down conversions, redzone conversions and so on. it's only $1 extra per 10 stat block so its definitely worth it

Andokuky

Banned
Just did stats from my first game, didn't take too long.

Will be even quicker now that my lineup is saved. Quick question, anyone know if injuries online can sometimes last more than the game and if so does that player have to sit out in the league?

Fifty

They don't carry over into your next game.....and we aren't going to make you sit them. So to recap, injuries are a non factor.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
Just did stats from my first game, didn't take too long.

Will be even quicker now that my lineup is saved. Quick question, anyone know if injuries online can sometimes last more than the game and if so does that player have to sit out in the league?

Nope. :( I think that would be an awesome addition, though.

KingV

Wellington said:
Hey to make things easier, can you post your AIM nick?

Also, want to play our game today?

SSNTom80

It should be in my league profile as well. I can either play sometime later tonight or pretty much anytime tommorrow. Rorschach and I are playing ours tommorrow at 2 (I was supposed to go to Seahawks preseason game tonight, but plans fell through).

Fifty

Newsguy/Coldblooded, I changed your preseason week 2 matchup so Lonestar and malley can play tonight. Malley had newsguy twice for some reason, and this works out. So just telling you guys that in week two (really you can play preseason games in any order, we just call it a week) you two are facing each other. Normally this wouldn't happen, but it's preseason so things move around.

*OFFICIAL LEAGUE LAUNCH DATE*

Friday, August 26 2005

week 1 will be available the day before (thursday) for early birds who want to get a head start, but week 2 is going to start 4 days from Friday. so treat friday as the official launch, but if you really want to play on thursday that option is available.

me and fifty are going to cram to get the schedule and new stats all together, but i anticipate they will be done well before friday. PM, IM, Post or email me with questions.

SEND ALL LEAGUEDADDY RELATED ITEMS OR QUESTIONS TO MY EMAIL I SETUP SPECIFICALLY FOR THAT PURPOSE: fmt@49ers-age.com

this includes any questions, comments, game stats, or whatever

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just wanted to say DAMN DM FOR USING AND ABUSING MY BOY IKE! IKE! JOE! Former Giants fallen from grace! Come back to me. :(

newsguy

Fifty said:
Newsguy/Coldblooded, I changed your preseason week 2 matchup so Lonestar and malley can play tonight. Malley had newsguy twice for some reason, and this works out. So just telling you guys that in week two (really you can play preseason games in any order, we just call it a week) you two are facing each other. Normally this wouldn't happen, but it's preseason so things move around.

No problem. I wouldn't want to beat Malley twice ;) I'll be home at midnight, if either person wants to play let me know.

Fifty

There should be an option in "my madden' online to give them an email to send it to, and to check a box or something to get them started. It should make sense if you look there.

Also, the site has been updated with some nice new logos, courtesy of CP. The page is looking great (except for FMT's picture at the top)

Fifty

Very nice :lol :lol

edit: News (and everyone else who's listening) I saw you put 0's in all the columns that a player had nothing recorded in. That's fine....but it's not needed. You can just do what malley did and write down only the stats that were above 0. As I said, it doesn't matter if you put 0's, but if anyone was wondering, you don't have to.

guys, scratch "importing" your email from EA for the time being. i've been testing it out and it's still a little wonky (sometimes mixes up the stats between the two players). input them as normal, sorry about getting your hopes up :(

newsguy

Fifty said:
Very nice :lol :lol

edit: News (and everyone else who's listening) I saw you put 0's in all the columns that a player had nothing recorded in. That's fine....but it's not needed. You can just do what malley did and write down only the stats that were above 0. As I said, it doesn't matter if you put 0's, but if anyone was wondering, you don't have to.

Great news. I estimate I spent about 5 extra minutes typing zeros.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys, scratch "importing" your email from EA for the time being. i've been testing it out and it's still a little wonky (sometimes mixes up the stats between the two players). input them as normal, sorry about getting your hopes up :(

I forgot to post about this. Seems as if the team that is AWAY should be entering the stats in order to get them correct.

Slo

Opps, for some reason I counted wrong. But seriously, why are the Titans 0-1 if no one is using them?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Kinda figuring we would just get peolpe to play some random games with the vacant teams and only pass or something. :D Just to have some fun with the games.

Rorschach

Slo said:
Okay Ror, you Patriot using cheese burrito, when do you want to play out second preseason game.
I didn't want them! Seriously...no, seriously! Don't worry, I suck with them.

Anyway, I can play today. What was the time you liked to play? Past 10 Central, was it?

KingV

Wellington, we need to set up a time to play preseason week 2.

Available tonight or tommorrow? AIM is SSNTom80

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
newsguy lets me know what time you wanna play today and ill see if im around to make my preseason 2-0 :)

i have the final division layouts/teams composed and ready to upload as soon as i have a final roster list. i think you will find the new division layouts tough but fair in many instances. no one in any division is being given a free ride, and there should be lots of competition throughout the conferences and divisions. anyone currently in the league, please do me the following favor(s):

1. if you are happy with the league, and have no problem entering stats, do nothing. i will assume you are ready and willing to play

2. if you have any problems (ranging from you dont want to play in the league anymore because of stats, or can't because your xbox died or whatever maybe wrong) please contact me by tonight. i need to get to work on the schedule and despite the appearance of an "easy" thing, the schedule is infact the most difficult and time consuming part of the pre-season. it would be a great help to me if i could get a head start on it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
KingV said:
Wellington, we need to set up a time to play preseason week 2.

Available tonight or tommorrow? AIM is SSNTom80

I can start a game from 8-10:30 EDT tonight. I am on AIM as InsecureKillah.

I am eating right now. :0

Please don't kick my ass too badly friend. :(

Top Bottom