• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 'notes' section in instruction manuals.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Back in the days when games used passwords, well I still didn't. Couldn't bring myself to mark up the manual.
But games I've gotten from other folks from that era have sometimes been used for password purposes.

Tritroid

I used the notes in NES manuals when I was really little, but not for anything important.

I used to draw pictures of game characters, or I would make little pointless lists, like: "Items that I have found: sword, shield, red ring, boomerang"

Temujin

I was actually thinking of making this topic, heh.

Anyway, no. If I need to write something down concerning the game, I use a different sheet of paper, and put it in the game box or somewhere close to it.

I think it's just because I keep all my games in good condition, and writing something in the manual is like making it dirty. Or something.

my little brother wrote down the biggest combo he ever did in the Killer Instinct one. After laughing at him, i kicked his ass for defaming my property.

Kuramu

never used it. I used to have one of those marble composition books in which i'd store all my codes, make lists of games i wanted and games i had, Metroid secret world maps.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Actually the section is the result of sloppy documentation work. Sometimes empty pages are left as you can do pages with increments of 4 for obvious reasons (4 pages, 8 pages, 12 pages etc.). The solution would be to go back to the dev team to find interesting and useful stuff to fill the extra pages, such as tips or weapon descriptions. However, putting a handy "Notes" page is a lot easier!

I put funny notes in them before I sell games back.

"THE MAGIC PENIS IS HIDDEN IN THE TOOL SHED ON STAGE 2B"
"DAD BEAT ME WITH A RAKE AGAIN FOR STAYING UP LATE, I HATE HIM"
"ME AND KOSMOS ARE GETTING MARRIED. SHE IS PRETTY LIKE GRANDMA USED TO BE."
"I RATE THIS GAME A 7 OUT OF 10, IT NEEDS MORE CLOWNS."
"I WISH I HAD FRIENDS THAT DIDN'T MAKE ME GIVE THEM SEXUAL FAVORS"
"I WISH THIS GAME WAS HALO 2"

gunstarhero

I put funny notes in them before I sell games back.

"THE MAGIC PENIS IS HIDDEN IN THE TOOL SHED ON STAGE 2B"
"DAD BEAT ME WITH A RAKE AGAIN FOR STAYING UP LATE, I HATE HIM"
"ME AND KOSMOS ARE GETTING MARRIED. SHE IS PRETTY LIKE GRANDMA USED TO BE."
"I RATE THIS GAME A 7 OUT OF 10, IT NEEDS MORE CLOWNS."
"I WISH I HAD FRIENDS THAT DIDN'T MAKE ME GIVE THEM SEXUAL FAVORS"
"I WISH THIS GAME WAS HALO 2"

LOL!
<runs to nearest Blockbuster>

hobbitx

Yep, I remember I sold this really shitty shooter game for snes, before my dad took me to the game store I wrote a little fucked up comment in the notes section. I wrote something like "haha loser, now you're stuck with this fucked up game!" for fun I left my junk yahoo email just to see what would happen. An entire year went by and I totally forgot about what I did, then I happened to check that email account one day after ignoring it for like months and I saw a message, "Snes Game", I viewed it and it said "........You motherfucker!" I must have laughed for like a half hour at that. I emailed the guy back and he was actually pretty cool, he's still on my real yahoo account buddy list.

I used MM2 and 3 for codes....since then no I stopped when I saw my firned had one of those black Marble notbooks where he kept note on codes and tricks and what not.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
NO! I could never do that.

You might as well ask me if I ever throw my game discs in the toilet and pee on them.

KingGondo

Banned
Yup, I used it in Wind Waker to mark down locations of islands and the clues from the fish.

That's the only time, though.

Top Bottom