• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (4) Thread

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
jasonng said:
Coming from a late fan who finished the first three games just a month ago, I'd much rather be in your position and start from the first. Because the way I see it, the fifth game isn't going to be here until sometime next year. So that means I have one game to keep me content until then. You, on the other hand, have four.

I have like a billion other games I want play. I can wait.

Drakken

Great to see that Alexander O. Smith handled the English translation! For those who don't know, he's the one responsible for the first PW's text turning out so well. PW2 and 3 weren't so great, so it's good to see he's back on board for Apollo Justice.

I'm so excited.. Hopefully I'll have Trials and Tribulations finished soon.

Wait though... there is a preorder bonus from Gamestop???
I never saw that there was a preorder and it's not listed on the website....

I'm think I'm a bit burned out on the series, but, despite that, I'm really looking forward to this. Maybe the new characters will revitalize my love for the series.

jvalioli

Drakken said:
Great to see that Alexander O. Smith handled the English translation! For those who don't know, he's the one responsible for the first PW's text turning out so well. PW2 and 3 weren't so great, so it's good to see he's back on board for Apollo Justice.
Yeah. I wasn't kidding when I said the dev blogs had good information in them.
bbsting120 said:
I'm so excited.. Hopefully I'll have Trials and Tribulations finished soon.

Wait though... there is a preorder bonus from Gamestop???
I never saw that there was a preorder and it's not listed on the website....
Capcom's website says that both the Capcom store and Gamestop are offering the pre-order bonus, but like you said it isn't showing up on the website. We'll see soon enough, I guess.

edit: And looking through the Capcom store, I just noticed that they are stocking Phoenix Wright 1! So for those that are looking for it, here is a link: http://shop.capcom.com/servlet/Cont...omus&id=ProductDetailsPage&productID=52269000

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
-Alexander O. Smith is back for translation
-Everyone worldwide is buying the English version, so instead of getting screwed over it'll have great sales
-Skip says its good

I'm back on the believe bus. I believing in Capcom and choosing Apollo Justice over all the other Feb. and Jan. games was the right choice

Hellz yeah. Pre-ordered this the other day along with GTAIV SE.

Any idea on internet memes or do we have to wait until someone plays the English version?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Huh, is that preorder bonus new? Because I preordered mine through the Capcom website in mid to late January, and it didn't mention anything about a preorder bonus. Should I be concerned?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
jj984jj said:
Oh shit! Alexander O. Smith is back? DAY 1! :D

When did your tag get downgraded :lol

Mejilan said:
Huh, is that preorder bonus new? Because I preordered mine through the Capcom website in mid to late January, and it didn't mention anything about a preorder bonus. Should I be concerned?

It's relatively new. You might want to swing by an email to Capcom

Mejilan said:

No need for concern. You should still get it according to the official Capcom blog.

If you preordered the game before this was announced—fear not!—you will still get the preorder gift just as if you knew what you were doing all along.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Thanks for the heads up. I'll do just that. Capcom ALWAYS lists the preorder bonus item as part of the order, and hell, usually ships them out separately too. I just checked my order, and it does not list the keychain.

Edit - Woops. Apparently Capcom will take care of us early birds. Cool, thanks.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Chris Michael said:
For those that have played the game - is it really that disappointing? I've heard a few discouraging things about the game.

There are those that consider it disappointing because they just played number 3, which is the best in the series.

Of course a game will not live up to expectations if you compare it to the BEST GAME in the series.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
My most anticipated game this year, although I'm kinda sad that this will be the last AA for a good while.

ZealousD said:
I have like a billion other games I want play. I can wait.

As someone that was never really into adventure games while growing up...I can honestly say that you should start at the first game, and enjoy every minute until the third game's fifth case is resolved. It's that good.

Hcoregamer00

BorkBork said:
My most anticipated game this year, although I'm kinda sad that this will be the last AA for a good while.

No, in all honesty I was getting burned out with way too many releases.

Thank God we have to do what the Japanese do from this point onwards, wait 1-3 years between games so we don't get "Phoenix Wright Burn Out"

jvalioli

We might be getting new information on *something* Ace Attorney on April 20th. They're talking about a new project produced by Minae Matsukawa and Motohide Eshiro(Onimusha 2 and Shadow of Rome) in the Gyakuten Saiban Orchestra blog.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
RocketDarkness said:
As someone that was never really into adventure games while growing up...I can honestly say that you should start at the first game, and enjoy every minute until the third game's fourth case is resolved. It's that good.

If I enjoy Apollo Justice enough I may do that. But I seriously don't want to make my "to buy" list larger than it already is.

Link1110

RocketDarkness said:
As someone that was never really into adventure games while growing up...I can honestly say that you should start at the first game, and enjoy every minute until the third game's fourth case is resolved. It's that good.
You realize the third game has five cases, or do you hate the fifth one for some reason?

Firestorm

A Link to the Snitch said:
Best case is in AA?

Hmm

Top five:

1. AA2-4
2. AA3-5
3. AA1-4
4. AA3-2
5. AA3-1

For me:
1. AA1-4
2. AA3-5
3. AA1-5
4. AA2-4
5. not sure... AA1-2 or AA3-4 I guess?

I want the limited edition :(

Firestorm said:
For me:
1. AA1-4
2. AA3-5
3. AA1-5
4. AA2-4
5. not sure... AA1-2 or AA3-4 I guess?

I want the limited edition :(

Here are my favorites:

1. AA1-5 (Ema Skye case)
2. AA1-4 (Edgeworth and the Loch Ness Monster)
3. AA3-5 (Bridge to the Turnabout (featuring Godot))
4. AA1-3 (Steel Samurai murdered)
5. AA2-4 (Nickel Samurai = ripoff but the second part is GOLD)

Hcoregamer00

jvalioli said:
We might be getting new information on *something* Ace Attorney on April 20th. They're talking about a new project produced by Minae Matsukawa and Motohide Eshiro(Onimusha 2 and Shadow of Rome) in the Gyakuten Saiban Orchestra blog.

Yeah, I saw it on the Court Records website.

It would be interesting to see something like a Ace Attorney Anime or a Videogame sidestory (Franzika Von Karma: Genius Prosecutor :lol )

To those who have played the online demo - how the hell do you get past the opening cutscene? For me, the cutscene plays, and then the DS goes black and I can't do anything more.

Hcoregamer00

QuickKick89 said:
To those who have played the online demo - how the hell do you get past the opening cutscene? For me, the cutscene plays, and then the DS goes black and I can't do anything more.

Only 2 more days, just wait for the real thing.

Hcoregamer00

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I still have to wait until Play-Asia ships my copy, so more like only 22 more days for me :(

Don't worry, there are lots of people who still hasn't even played Ace Attorney 3.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I still have to wait until Play-Asia ships my copy, so more like only 22 more days for me :(
Play Asia is already shipping. I'll be waiting for mine too :)

watkinzez

I just went to check on my Play-Asia order, and it's already shipped! :D
Only took about five days for TaT last time, too.

Mine just shipped. Very likely to arrive on Friday, the release date of Patapon here. Oh the dilemma I will be facing that day.

DangerStepp

thetrin said:
I have it preordered in the US. Hopefully it gets to me soon. I have the Japanese special edition:

GS4-LEBox-thumb.jpg

But I'm still waiting for the US version to actually play through it.

(and yes, the LE is shaped like a briefcase)
Are we getting the LE version, too!?! (Please, please, please)

Also, what's up with the Nelson twins in this one?
nelsonduo.jpg

jvalioli

DangerStepp said:
Are we getting the LE version, too!?! (Please, please, please)

Also, what's up with the Nelson twins in this one?
No, we aren't.

I'll post up pictures of what is inside for the person that asked.
SD530143.jpg

Top thing is a DVD. It contains trailers and videos like that.

On the bottom left is the Gyakuten Saiban Encyclopedia. General information and trivia about the series.

jvalioli

Shipped today. Now I play the waiting game...

... The waiting game sucks. Who's up for some Twister?
Are you another Play-Asia person?

I know when mine ships I'll just be staring at the tracking information til it arrives.

Top Bottom