• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (4) Thread

firex

I'm not surprised at the high reviews so far. For JFA and T&T, reviewers had retarded complaints that amount to "why isn't this game completely remade entirely for the DS while Capcom's tiny Ace Attorney staff is working on an all new original game built from the ground up for the DS." Not really trying to say anything about Apollo Justice's quality, just that the reviewers for JFA and T&T were complete morons spoiled by a DS remake of the first GS game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Death_Born said:
edgeworth-shout(a).gif

1203230673291.jpg

jibblypop

Banned
I can't wait to get this!

I hope the music is as good as part 1 and 3! I felt a bit letdown by the music in Ace Attorney 2 so when i played part 3, it really showed me how important the music is to my enjoyment of this series.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
It'll probably take Crapcom months to ship mine out, like they took months to ship me my copy of PW3. On that note, I finally started PW3 tonight. I think I'm almost done with the first case.

Barrett2

jvalioli said:
No, we aren't.

I'll post up pictures of what is inside for the person that asked.
SD530143.jpg

Top thing is a DVD. It contains trailers and videos like that.

On the bottom left is the Gyakuten Saiban Encyclopedia. General information and trivia about the series.

That bundle is fantastic. I wish we got more things like that stateside. Instead I have to deal with discs spilling all over the ground when I open Lost Odyssey

Kletian

Huzzah, PW2 & 3 get! Now I just need to marathon them both so I can pick up this one before it's next to impossible to find.

For some reason the Phoenix Wright games never sparked my interest but this new Apollo Justice game has. I'm sure it'll be worth the money.

Gamestop needs to hire a new copy writer.

Join Apollo as he helps train his former opponent Rocky to defeat the Russian Boxer Drago. Oops! Wrong Apollo. This Apollo fights his battles in the courtroom, by yelling things like, "Objection!", "Hold it!" and "Eye of the tiger! Oops! Wrong Apollo again. If you're familiar with the Phoenix Wright series, you'll enjoy helping the rookie Apollo Justice on his way to becoming an Ace-Attorney.

I'm sure this has been brought up, but wow, they were trying a bit too hard there. :lol

Grar, I have to wait one more day.

For those that have it, how does that body language thing work? Does it add anything to the main formula or is it a gimmick? I know the reviews said it replaced the Psyche-Locks.

Haunted

Damn, you luck sobs. Mine's not there yet. :/ Oh well, here's to hoping it comes tomorrow or Friday. I just beat Layton, I need this for the weekend!

tokkun

Can someone comment on the music please?

I thought the music of the first game did a great job of playing up the excitement and drama of the court scenes and was really disappointed by the music in JFA.

tokkun said:
Can someone comment on the music please?

I thought the music of the first game did a great job of playing up the excitement and drama of the court scenes and was really disappointed by the music in JFA.
IMO its better than GS2 but slightly worse than GS1/GS3 (I can't decide which I like more).

Nemesis_

darkpaladinmfc said:
The first case is full of epic win, I'm not going to spoil it but wow I didn't expect such an amazing first case.
It was insane. I was very much pleased with it.

On top of that, the newer looking backgrounds and nicer looking sprites are VERY welcome improvement. Personally I'm enjoying the music more than any other title too.

So far, if it keeps this up past the first case, this will be the best Ace Attorney game I've ever played (followed by T&T).

zoku88

Just got an email from Amazon:

Amazon said:
Hello from Amazon.com.

We wanted to let you know that there is an unexpected delay with your
video game order (Order# 002-0223237-7765049) you placed on February 09 2008 14:26 PST. Unfortunately, we are unable
to ship the product(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when
they may be delivered:

"Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney [CD]" [Video Game]
Estimated arrival date: 02/26/2008

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

I'm sad now T_T

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Nemesis556 said:
It was insane. I was very much pleased with it.

On top of that, the newer looking backgrounds and nicer looking sprites are VERY welcome improvement. Personally I'm enjoying the music more than any other title too.

So far, if it keeps this up past the first case, this will be the best Ace Attorney game I've ever played (followed by T&T).

The game was made from the ground up on the ds.

Ah yeah, got my copy and bonus. Going to dig into it tonight.

On a different note, has anyone else noticed newer DS games have a case really hard to open? I noticed it on Advance Wars: Days of Ruin also. It felt like I had to nearly break open the case to get inside.

Grimm Fandango said:
Ah yeah, got my copy and bonus. Going to dig into it tonight.

On a different note, has anyone else noticed newer DS games have a case really hard to open? I noticed it on Advance Wars: Days of Ruin also. It felt like I had to nearly break open the case to get inside.
Yeah I had to fight to get Professor Layton out.

I need to finish up T&T soon cause my copy just shipped.

Hcoregamer00

I am loving the game so far.

The fact that it is made from the ground up on the DS makes it almost on a whole new level. The backgrounds are superb, the sprite animations are way better, and the music on a whole has much better instrument sampling.

Still playing the first case. This may very well be the coolest first case ever in an AA game.

HOLY CRAP at Phoenix's theme popping up when he joins you as your aide!!!!!!!!

and WTF at who Minuki is!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hcoregamer00

bishopcruz said:
Still playing the first case. This may very well be the coolest first case ever in an AA game.

Watching
Ema Skye's
reaction in case 2 was even better.

bishopcruz said:

I have never been so mad at myself for reading spoiler'd text in all my life :(

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I'm still at the first case at the
betrayalton
part, had to turn it off after that. So full of win indeed. Is it me or is the game a whole lot more mature than the previous entries? It feels pretty damn awesome, hope all the cases are like this.

Haunted

I hate you guys playing this already!
emot-argh.gif
emot-argh.gif

I'm staying away from this thread for now lest I be spoilered because I can't fucking resist by accident.

emot-argh.gif

Great translation!

Edit: Don't completely think it needs it, but just in case!

"I'm all about capicing! Capiced loud and clear!!!"

BTW does anyone know if they changed wine to grape juice in the game? It just seems odd that they would cut out alcohol references but leave the good old fashioned murders,
panty thefts
and other stuff in the game.

Edit: Another awesome quote from the second case! Alexander O. Smith is my hero.

G's not a G till he does hard time! Bizzooy!

Case 1 was awesome
I can't believe Phoenix wright has a daughter and I wonder what happened 7 years ago. This game is getting more interesting

Top Bottom