• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Just going to leave this here as I had just came across it earlier. More stunning work from Gerard Hanson AKA E.R.P/Convextion. What a surprise to hear a beautiful Ambient piece (12 mins or so no less!) in the intro.

So many beautiful compositions from various podcasts that have gone unreleased over the last 4 or 5 years. Hopefully he has another LP in the works with most of this stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/subsekt/convextion-e-r-p-mix-www

Shaneus

That reminds me... I completely forgot this came out last year. Fuck it, song of 2012... no need for a top 5. Great memories associated with it, too :)

Think I'm gonna tell you what it is? You're going to have to click here to find out yourself. Love you guys too much to not make it a surprise <3

Honestly, the mark of a great song is that you can never get sick of it. Shit, I've had it on repeat (fairly accidentally) on more than one hour-long train ride home from work and barely noticed. Peace, love and a sweet groove.

injurai

Banned
Ha I wanted to re-up in better quality and fix the vocals, they were coming through lower than I wanted when I played it at a party the other week.
Also to add random street fighter effects for lols + you can download it if you want it forever and ever.

Whyd you change your avatar!!

pokeHype. will be going back probably. I love Amon Tobin too much ;)

Shaneus

You definitely do! I experienced some incredible sets last year, but his was far and away the best one I saw. I guess 20+ years DJing experience counts for something ;)

okno

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! This is an excellent edit, what a wonderful thing to wake up to today!

Don't really care for the Lovely Day, edit, though. Sorry, Shaneus.

Edit: listened again, like it more than I used to. I have such bad memories tied to that song, the first time I heard the edit I recoiled in horror. Is good, really.

And why the hell can't he be coming to America, too!? Baby steps, I suppose...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Working with a cold is made a little more manageable with good progressive sets:

Roald Velden - Minded Music Sessions 009 [January 08 2012]

01) Valentin - Port Of Call (Nistirenko Remix) [Sunset Melodies]
02) Silkway - Silence (Original Mix) [Phontaste Records]
03) ID - ID (Roald Velden Remix) [Progressive House Woldwide]
04) Roald Velden - Time Flies By (Original Mix) [Progressive House Woldwide]
05) Allen Watts - Skin Deep (Sedi Remix) [Progressive House Woldwide]
06) Shingo Nakamura - Thousands Of Sounds (Terry Da Libra Remix) [Silk Recordings]
07) Tenishia and Ruben de Ronde ft Shannon Hurley - Love Survives (Toby Hedges Remix) [S107 Recordings]
08) Sebastian Weikum - It Moves On (Original Mix) [Colorize]
09) Katy Perry - Wide Awake (Mike Sonar Bootleg)
10) Alexander Popov ft. Kyler England - My World (Original Mix) [S107 Recordings]

I'm really digging Roald Velden's sets, they've all got a chill, progressive feel to them. Also the video to his latest song has hot girls longboarding, so that's cool.

Shaneus

Don't really care for the Lovely Day, edit, though. Sorry, Shaneus.

Edit: listened again, like it more than I used to. I have such bad memories tied to that song, the first time I heard the edit I recoiled in horror. Is good, really.

And why the hell can't he be coming to America, too!? Baby steps, I suppose...
I just think it's such a happy song. Perhaps it's not the best dance/club/house track of the year because it doesn't really do anything technically better and it's not specifically LNTG that gives the song that vibe (the original is a great track as well that gives me goosebumps), so I totally know where you're coming from. But whilst it may be my favourite track overall for 2012, maybe it's best not to classify it as my favourite house/club/dance/whatever track. Even as re-edits go, I think this is a lot more well done, as is this one. I dunno... maybe it's just my favourite because it's just a good track and nothing more. That's a rare thing for me ;)

Not sure why he's not listed the US yet, but keep in mind that he's only (relatively) recently overcome a fear of flying so anyone other than Australia is lucky to be getting him at all ;)

Great. Now I'm going to have to rethink my top 5 again. On top of that, I completely forgot that Guy J's Pathos was a 2012 track. Fuck me.

Miroku

Just going to leave this here as I had just came across it earlier. More stunning work from Gerard Hanson AKA E.R.P/Convextion. What a surprise to hear a beautiful Ambient piece (12 mins or so no less!) in the intro.

So many beautiful compositions from various podcasts that have gone unreleased over the last 4 or 5 years. Hopefully he has another LP in the works with most of this stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/subsekt/convextion-e-r-p-mix-www

I love it. I still listen to this somewhat regularly:
http://soundcloud.com/r_co/convextion-live-pa-faktion-manchester-25-04-2008

Very nice, I hadn't heard this one yet. I think this might have been during his first tour of the UK as I have heard a similar set from around this time in 2008.

I don't know if you have heard it yet, but his live set from Dublin that was on the Bodytonic Podcast is definitely worth a download. I absolutely love the first track from the set as he has played it out before.

Kymbo

I just think it's such a happy song. Perhaps it's not the best dance/club/house track of the year because it doesn't really do anything technically better and it's not specifically LNTG that gives the song that vibe (the original is a great track as well that gives me goosebumps), so I totally know where you're coming from. But whilst it may be my favourite track overall for 2012, maybe it's best not to classify it as my favourite house/club/dance/whatever track. Even as re-edits go, I think this is a lot more well done, as is this one. I dunno... maybe it's just my favourite because it's just a good track and nothing more. That's a rare thing for me ;)

Not sure why he's not listed the US yet, but keep in mind that he's only (relatively) recently overcome a fear of flying so anyone other than Australia is lucky to be getting him at all ;)

Great. Now I'm going to have to rethink my top 5 again. On top of that, I completely forgot that Guy J's Pathos was a 2012 track. Fuck me.

wow Shaneus yet again giving me more LNTG! That holiday remix is the shit man! really cheered me up this morning!

Shaneus

wow Shaneus yet again giving me more LNTG! That holiday remix is the shit man! really cheered me up this morning!
:)

Anytime. It helps that it's summer here so funky disco re-edits very much suit my mood more than during the winter, funnily enough.

Now imagine him playing bucketloads of those edits in the one set, not randomly but all perfectly programmed by vibe and feeling and energy for two and a half hours. Oh man.

okno

If no one listens to the Jackmaster show I will be mad! you hear me gaf! MAD!

I've never seen you like this before! Will be listening on the train t-minus 10 minutes.

Just went on a epic music spree, pretty excited to share some of it with you guys in a bit. Off to work!

I've never seen you like this before! Will be listening on the train t-minus 10 minutes.

Just went on a epic music spree, pretty excited to share some of it with you guys in a bit. Off to work!

Haha. Im usually way busier at work than this and also its something I think everyone on here will like rather than one or two people.

Wheres thabiz? did he get banned or something?

okno

Haha. Im usually way busier at work than this and also its something I think everyone on here will like rather than one or two people.

I was just thinking the same thing... I haven't seen him in over a week.

Listened to about half of the mix on the train and it was not at all what I was expecting. Supremely good selection, you were right to recommend it.

Yeah Jackmaster is a great DJ. Him and Oneman dont get enough exposure.

I think Jackmasters Fabric Live CD got number one on Bleep last year aswell.
Anyway if you get a chance to see either of them play I highly reccomend it.

Thabiz hasnt posted for 10 days. Odd..

bowery

Jackmaster and oneman are indeed great djs, oneman has a weekly rinse thing going....the types of genres he switches through in a set are awesome just when you start to get bored he switches shit up

injurai

Banned

Kinda of like how Lush up and left us. He is probably out exploring the depths of the UK underground to bring us back treasures beyond belief.

Shaneus

Yeah Jackmaster is a great DJ. Him and Oneman dont get enough exposure.

I think Jackmasters Fabric Live CD got number one on Bleep last year aswell.
Anyway if you get a chance to see either of them play I highly reccomend it.

Thabiz hasnt posted for 10 days. Odd..
I did a quick post history thing and he last posted on the 8th... or the 6th... but it's hardly a week yet! I'm sure he's fine :)

Shaneus

Noooo they shut down the 1000miles thread :(:(
Did you see Mandrake's summary post though? It was incredible.

fuck the new gessafelstein at the end of this vid......got damn, also mad cool seeing justice/a-trak/diplo/boys noize/gessefa just chillign in the dj booth lol
THAT'S the new Gesaffelstein Justice remix? Or is it a new Gesaffelstein track?

Fake edit: I'm guessing new track. Didn't think a hell of a lot of that remix. For more dopeness, listen to this. Bummed I missed seeing him play at a festival last year, but the rest of the lineup was pretty average and NO DJ is worth paying $150 to see.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
NYC-EDM-GAF:

Thinking about hitting this one up.
us-0126-437221-113044-front.jpg
http://www.facebook.com/events/509016589129712/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Hmm free before midnight with an RSVP. I put my name down just in case I decide to go, it's hard to say no to a free show.

That being said I'm getting surgery the week before so I don't know what shape I'm going to be in lol.

Been listening to some more Claes Rosen, really like his stuff. Found a pretty good mix he put out.

https://soundcloud.com/claesrosen/claes-rosen-nye-2012-mix

PLAY. DOWNLOAD, SHARE, TWEET, RE-TWEET !!

1. Lem Bertch - One [miniFM]

2. Claes Rosen - Starlight (Blood Groove & Kikis Remix) [Spring Tube]

3. Enviado Vida - If I Could Live Again [Departure]

4. Lakosta - Only You [KDB Records]

5. Junktion - Ambiguous [Outplay]

6. The Establishment - Love Like This [French Express]

7. Gossip - Move in the Right Direction (Classixx Remix) [CDR]

8. Marcus Marr - The Music [DFA Records]

9. Enviado Vida - Revans Trip (Domestic Technology Remix) [Bomba Records]

10. Claes Rosen - ID [CDR]

11. Todd Terje - Ragysh (Kobana 'Privat' Remix) [CDR]

12. Didz & Chico feat. Vanity - When I Say (Tony Blitz Remix) [Melodica Recordings]

13. Nordstorm - IsBjorn - (Claes Rosen First Edit Remix) [CDR]

In particular I love these two songs:

Marcus Marr - The Music

Claes Rosen - Starlight (Blood Groove & Kikis Remix)

Top Bottom