• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "Real-Time with Bill Maher" Thread

Poor Americans and your crazy ass supreme court judge

Michael Moore, Al Sharpton, Richard Dawkins, Valerie Plame and some other guy next week

Whoa

Rough episode. The fiery debate helped it go by fast until Oliver Stone came in and helped cool things down and when it kicked back up into New Rules which was great.

inm8num2

I think I figured out why I get annoyed at Maher sometimes.

He uses polls and approval percentages quite often to open discussions or make arguments and, correct me if I'm wrong, he almost never cites the sources.

I don't put much stock in polling. The results MSNBC and Fox News, for example, get for the same question are going to be different, and I never consider these polls to be largely representative of larger populations.

Jooney

I think I figured out why I get annoyed at Maher sometimes.

He uses polls and approval percentages quite often to open discussions or make arguments and, correct me if I'm wrong, he almost never cites the sources.

I don't put much stock in polling. The results MSNBC and Fox News, for example, get for the same question are going to be different, and I never consider these polls to be largely representative of larger populations.

The poll he cited was the poll that was cited everywhere this week (NBC/WSJ)

muddream

Banned
Do you want us to be like Portugal and Albania?!

Dude was the crazier of the two, but I'm probably only saying this because she was cute.

Jooney

Do you want us to be like Portugal and Albania?!

Dude was the crazier of the two, but I'm probably only saying this because she was cute.

That may have been the most infuriating element of the show. That America has to get military involved in Syra because something something Russia and China something. I mean, China and Russia do exert influence in the world, but it's done primarily through aid, investment and regional development. They don't involve themselves in quagmires that drain the treasury and send human bodies to die.

As for the guest from CNBC, it's just pathetic to see that no one from that side can admit that Obama walked into office during the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. The reason for high deficits is not because Obama has gone on a spending binge, but because there was a giant recession where millions of people were thrown out of a job, companies stopped spending and investing, the economy contracted and the wars were finally put on the books (something that I thought would be considered a 'fiscally conservative' thing to do). Now the deficit has been cut in half thanks to the fiscal cliff deal, the sequester, and some tax raises. You would think that conservatives would be happy with that direction but it is still not good enough. I'm glad that Carol got laughed at when she bemoaned that we aren't paying off the debt. A ludicrous notion given the current economic climate.

It's good I watched it drunk, otherwise I could've thrown shit at my TV.

Man these two idiots belong in a GTA game.

GTA has to have one of the most insufferable political pokes in a game out there.

Their "both sides are bad" shtick is really hard to handle. I rolled my eyes with GTA IV's whole "NPR the liberally biased network."

Jarnet87

James Glassman is batshit insane. Roth makes SE Cupp look like a genius. I don't like Chris Matthews but he was hilarious. If he wasn't a TV personally he would of shredded those 2 morons hardcore, like the bald british guy does sometimes. Edit: Andrew Sullivan.

Yeah, those were great.

It was nice to have a whole entire show with no conservative douchebags.

Yea, but when they are all to the left you get left on left violence

Michael Moore and his comment about Captain Phillips made me cringe

The movie does make you sympathetic towards the pirates but you still want them to get shit for what they did

muddream

Banned
Well, same goes for the liberals who won't even acknowledge that the average Muslim is about as progressive as a Southern Baptist and that Islamic terrorism has way more popular support than other forms of religious terrorism. The blame game that ensues has really gotten repetitive, which is why it's nice to have someone like Maajid on.

43/44 minute mark. He does say that he wants to talk about a couple of movies, and he mentions that Gravity is the first one. Based on what's been said above, I've turned the volume down at the moment.

inm8num2

43/44 minute mark. He does say that he wants to talk about a couple of movies, and he mentions that Gravity is the first one. Based on what's been said above, I've turned the volume down at the moment.

Thanks! I'm going to watch later today so I'll keep this in mind.

edit - anybody remember when Billy Crystal was on and Bill said, "When Harry Met Salary"? He said it again when introducing Rob Reiner! LOL.

Thanks! I'm going to watch later today so I'll keep this in mind.

edit - anybody remember when Billy Crystal was on and Bill said, "When Harry Met Salary"? He said it again when introducing Rob Reiner! LOL.

from the moment he brings up Gravity just skip ahead to New Rules if you want to be safe. He does sort of just sneak it in there.

neoism

from the moment he brings up Gravity just skip ahead to New Rules if you want to be safe. He does sort of just sneak it in there.

im done with this show son of a bitch it makes the movie sound dumb too still really wanted to see it..... -_______-

fuck you bill maher

Top Bottom