• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

what is happening

ElRenoRaven

You know as a former republican it really is sad to see what has become of the party. Course they have nobody to blame but themselves for this fuckery.

Ohwiseone

I bet the Democrats are just sitting in their chairs and laughing.

HOLY SHIT! I MISSED THAT THE CHAIR LEFT THE PODIUM.

HOLY SHIT.

THIS IS SOMETHING...

I don't know who Sen. Mike Lee (R) is, but he seems like a fairly nice guy from this first time I've ever seen him or heard him. Can we recruit him to Team Good?

Retro

There's something surreal about watching a major political party rip itself apart live while all the audio is dropped in favor of this goofy-sounding music.

Does Priebus seriously think hiding like a bitch is going to fix this?

They supposedly had the Secretary of the Convention being kept behind armed guards to prevent any challenges, so....

Keasar

fooP2LL.gif

Seriously, I just checked in a stream and a guy is freaking out about the stage being abandoned, what happened?

Staf

I'm from Sweden so i have no clue about the political process in the US. But is it possible for GOP to get someone else besides Trump? Not exactly jumping out of joy here in Sweden with a Clinton v Trump election lol.

Grym

they had the requisite signatures for a roll call vote and it was flatly ignored? Totally expected...but...LOL...nice job uniting the party, GOP

I'm from Sweden so i have no clue about the political process in the US. But is it possible for GOP to get someone else besides Trump? Not exactly jumping out of joy here in Sweden with a Clinton v Trump election lol.

Technically, it's possible but it won't happen. The votes aren't there, and the GOP has decided to ignore their own platform rules.

fooP2LL.gif

Seriously, I just checked in a stream and a guy is freaking out about the stage being abandoned, what happened?

they rammed through approval on the rules governing the convention. the chair simply ignored the dissenting voters and promptly left the stage to a chorus of jeers and angry delegates wanting to have their mics turned on so they could speak.

Knoxcore

As the RNC rules are now. No.

Sean C

I don't know who Sen. Mike Lee (R) is, but he seems like a fairly nice guy from this first time I've ever seen him or heard him. Can we recruit him to Team Good?
He's actually one of the biggest assholes in the Senate, basically Ted Cruz's wingman.

geomon

What happened? No one is at the podium? did they abandon.gif?

Basically. They called a voice vote on the preapproved rules and completely ignored the nays and even shouted them down. And then abandoned ship and muted the floor mics when the nays got super pissed.

BillWalton

Neo Member

Heck no. Ted Cruz 2.0. Says a lot about the GOP that Mike Lee can now be seen as reasonable to some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom