• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 3 |OT|

Mojojo

EA released the Official Generations trailer
release date is May 31st in the US and June 3rd in the UK (and europe).

PR:
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Take a deep dive into the wonders and joys of each age with a whole spectrum of rich life experiences. The EA Play Label of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced that The Sims 3™ Generations Expansion pack* is in development and will hit store shelves worldwide this spring. Players will be able to take the reins and act out life’s most humorous and memorable moments from childhood to teenage years to adulthood in this new expansion pack to The Sims 3, the best-selling PC game of 2009**.

“The Sims 3 Generations includes new gameplay experiences and content that our community has been requesting for years including bunk beds, expansive weddings, midlife crises and more,” said Scott Evans, General Manager of The Sims Studio at EA. “Imagine booby trapping a friend’s toilet or turning your imaginary friend into a real person, throwing bachelor or bachelorette parties, all to spend your elder Sims years reminiscing about the past.”

From new celebrations to dramatic life events, The Sims 3 Generations offers gamers all-new ways to express their Sims’, characters unique to The Sims, creativity. Players will be able to capture and keep track of their Sims’ life moments with in-game cameras and upload and share their Sims’ memories on www.TheSims3.com and Facebook*** via the new memory system.
Players start off in the imagination-fuelled world of childhood, where they can take dance classes, misbehave with their imaginary friend or goof around in one of three themed tree houses; space rocket, wooden shack or princess.
Players may then move on to embrace the drama of the teen years by pulling elaborate pranks such as exploding toilets, color dye in the shower or ding dong ditch, become prom king or queen, or forget the school dance and throw a raging party at their parents’ house.
There will be even more creative options to explore with a brand new chemistry set, but they’ll need to use caution, or their Sims might turn themselves into a ghost. As adult Sims, players ride the wave of freedom. They can attend or plan bachelor and bachelorette parties, throw lavish weddings, and go through a mid-life crisis where they may change their hair, style, and more.
With a wealth of new options and activities, Sims’ lives are sure to be more interesting in The Sims 3 Generations.

hopefully it doesn't add too many bugs
lol
otherwise sounds good.
The "big " addition seems to be the come-back of the memory system from Sims 2 in an enhanced version...

JoeBoy101

Mojojo said:
EA released the Official Generations trailer
release date is May 31st in the US and June 4th in the UK (and europe).

PR:

hopefully it doesn't add too many bugs
lol
otherwise sounds good.
The "big " addition seems to be the come-back of the memory system from Sims 2 in an enhanced version...

Not all that interested on this one. Really not interested in Pets. Would be nice if they fixed some of the goddamn bugs they have, like the Well-Rested bug. Game still feels very empty.

McNum

And here I was complaining a few days ago that it was annoying that the memories/blog system of Sims 2 had been cut. Silly me, EA was simply trying to sell those separately. Well, I'm not going to stand for that. I'll just buy it! Wait...

As for the "Well Rested" bug, this is the PC version, it's fixable with a mod at Mod the Sims. Look for the "Mood Hotfix" mod. I'd link it, except I'm not sure if that site is comepletely kosher to link to from NeoGAF.

However, I can't imagine running Sims 3 unmodded anymore. Especially the NRaas series of mods. Game feels empty? Get The StoryProgresion mod. That fixes that.

Can someone remind me the memory system, I had the sims 2 (and sims 3) and dont remember anything about it.

Also, all that was showed in the trailer, im pretty sure you could do it if you want in the vanilla sims 3 (apart from the new actions and scenes like the bachelor party).
If I wanted to play with a kid that thinks his friend is cute, and then when they are older I could marry them, I dont know what changes from what they showed in that trailer. Better AI?

McNum

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Can someone remind me the memory system, I had the sims 2 (and sims 3) and dont remember anything about it.

Also, all that was showed in the trailer, im pretty sure you could do it if you want in the vanilla sims 3 (apart from the new actions and scenes like the bachelor party).
If I wanted to play with a kid that thinks his friend is cute, and then when they are older I could marry them, I dont know what changes from what they showed in that trailer. Better AI?
The memory system from Sims 2 was a tab on the Sim Panel letting you see what had happened to that Sim over its lifetime. So its first kiss, it growing up, grandma dying, threw an awesome party, got a job, had a child, and so on, and so forth. Reading it from one end to the other gave a quick glance at the life of that Sim.

However, as things tended to be with Sims 2, there was a fairly significant overflow bug with the Sims 2 implementation. Get too many memories total between all Sims in your town, both alive and dead, and the town corrupts. Notably it corrupts when you try to load the saved game. In other words, it kills your save. Fun! (Giving it a 1 in 3 chance that we see a similar bug in Generations...)

The other is the photo album, which is pretty much a manual memory system for the player to use. You used the ingame screenshot tool and saved that image to the photo album with a short text. Do that enough times and you could use it to tell a story, or simply take notes so you could recognize Sims important to the active ones at a glance, even if you hadn't played in a couple of months. You could also upload this to the official site and let all your worst soap opera plots loose for all to see. Or just have fun reading the stories other made. There were some truly awful stories on there that were just too much fun to read.

Hopefully, we get a non-save destroying version of the first and something like the second in the new expansion.

Also, we get the wedding arch and wedding cake back in the new expansion. Again, selling us things that came standard with Sims 2. Really, this expansion looks like a "Things from the base game of Sims 2 we missed" plus some new interactions.

McNum said:
The memory system from Sims 2 was a tab on the Sim Panel letting you see what had happened to that Sim over its lifetime. So its first kiss, it growing up, grandma dying, threw an awesome party, got a job, had a child, and so on, and so forth. Reading it from one end to the other gave a quick glance at the life of that Sim.

However, as things tended to be with Sims 2, there was a fairly significant overflow bug with the Sims 2 implementation. Get too many memories total between all Sims in your town, both alive and dead, and the town corrupts. Notably it corrupts when you try to load the saved game. In other words, it kills your save. Fun! (Giving it a 1 in 3 chance that we see a similar bug in Generations...)

The other is the photo album, which is pretty much a manual memory system for the player to use. You used the ingame screenshot tool and saved that image to the photo album with a short text. Do that enough times and you could use it to tell a story, or simply take notes so you could recognize Sims important to the active ones at a glance, even if you hadn't played in a couple of months. You could also upload this to the official site and let all your worst soap opera plots loose for all to see. Or just have fun reading the stories other made. There were some truly awful stories on there that were just too much fun to read.

Hopefully, we get a non-save destroying version of the first and something like the second in the new expansion.

Also, we get the wedding arch and wedding cake back in the new expansion. Again, selling us things that came standard with Sims 2. Really, this expansion looks like a "Things from the base game of Sims 2 we missed" plus some new interactions.

Ummm, yeah, I remember now, but I still thing it was very trivial, it didnt change the AI that much no? I always thought of the photo album of a too stupid simsnerd fanfiction thing, never used it.
Thank god I never had that bug.

Mojojo

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Ummm, yeah, I remember now, but I still thing it was very trivial, it didnt change the AI that much no? I always thought of the photo album of a too stupid simsnerd fanfiction thing, never used it.
Thank god I never had that bug.

yes it had effects, as sims could share memories,which could be used during a conversation , and there were positive and negative ones that affect your sim depending on how fresh the memory was.
My guess is it wasn't added in the base game because of the moodlets system of sims 3 (which work a lot like short term memories) : maybe EA didn't think it was useful to overlap the two .
Or maybe the open world of sims 3 and synchronization it requires made it too complicated to add it at the time ?

Retro

I love the Sims series, but the way they milk the damn game for all it's worth drives me up the fuckin' wall. Ever sequel for the game ships with not even 10% of the content from the last version, and they take forever to build it back up and it seems like every expansion ships with fewer and fewer pieces as the previous version of that expansion.

It's like... one step forward, 8 steps back. And then 8 half-steps forward... over a space of several years... for $50 a half-step... And then they release a sequel and everything goes back.

I mean, it's several years in and series staples are still missing.

judhudson

Press release for Sims 3 Pets:

EA UNLEASHES THE HOUNDS IN THE SIMS™ 3 PETS

For The First Time, The Sims Brings Fully Controllable Pets To Console, Handheld and on PC/Mac

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 3, 2011 – Man’s best friend is now your Sim’s best friend. The EA Play Label of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced The Sims™ 3 Pets, the newest title from the critically-acclaimed studio that created The Sims 3. It will be an entirely new standalone game for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo 3DS™ and an expansion pack* for the PC/Mac computer systems. The Sims 3 Pets enables anyone to play as they want, whether it’s the builder who creates the ultimate pet sanctuary, the achiever who solves all the mysteries in town, the experimenter who has a lone Sim and a house full of cats, or the storyteller who expresses himself through the adventures of his Sims and their pets.

“The Sims 3 Pets marks the biggest undertaking in our franchise’s history, melding the best of The Sims 3 with an even deeper player experience with the addition of pets,” said Scott Evans, General Manager of The Sims Studio. “For the first time ever, players will be able to play as their pets and see life through their eyes.”

Players take creativity by the reins and play out the stories they want to tell whether it’s the single guy in the dog park picking up women or the criminal overlord and her evil cat. Across all platforms, The Sims 3 Pets players will be able to create, customize and control over a hundred different kinds of cats and dogs like the Australian Shepherd and the Maine Coon, and can breed and share them with friends providing endless possibilities to create new and exciting breeds. Each platform brings a new world for players to explore from the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions where players will unlock achievements by solving mysteries around town, the Nintendo 3DS with new lots to unlock to the PC/Mac version where they’ll be able to take their pets on play dates or meet other Sims at the dog park, cat jungles and even a horse ranch. With The Sims 3 Pets, players will be able to create, control and play with life with their pets.

Unique to the Xbox 360 experience and for the first time in The Sims’ history players with Kinect™ can take control of their pets and Sims by voice commands, like telling their Sim to be romantic or feeding their dog.

The Sims 3 Pets for Nintendo 3DS takes advantage of the hardware’s built-in pedometer that tracks player’s real life movements. The more a player walks the more Karma Points they earn, which they then can spend to make mischief or give wealth. Using the Nintendo 3DS StreetPass™** function, players can gift pets to other The Sims 3 Pets owners in their proximity.

As the next expansion pack to The Sims 3, the best selling PC game of 2009***, The Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack for PC/Mac brings the exclusive new opportunity to create, customize and play as horses. Players will be able to use their horses as a form of transportation to get around town and also to raise and train them with activities like racing or jumping hurdles.

Starting today, players will be able to pre-order**** to get the Limited Edition game with exclusives. Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 players will be able to obtain new breeds such as a dog tiger retriever, a dog panda chow, a cat skunk birman as well as other additional pets. PC players will get the exclusive pet store where they’ll be able to meet and mingle with neighborhood Sims and get new and unique objects. For more information on the Limited Editions, please visit www.thesims3.com

Whether the player prefers to customize the newest designer breed or be mischievous with their dog or cat, The Sims 3 Pets gives them the tools to play with life and create the perfect pet. The Sims 3 Pets for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Nintendo 3DS and PC/Mac is being developed by The Sims Studio and is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information about The Sims 3 Pets, please visit www.TheSims3.com. To download artwork, please visit www.info.ea.com.

Images - http://www.flickr.com/photos/simprograms/sets/72157626246899346/

5792948921_b97403b932_z.jpg

5793873462_e1688c0735_z.jpg

5793873408_9945c7362c_z.jpg

5792931739_0d3697f2c6_z.jpg

5792887085_58b9757e08_z.jpg

trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2qDluiIzys&feature=channel_video_title

Obligatory Sarah Jessica Parker -

5794091920_6953b55a3a_o.jpg

PaulLFC

Sorry to bump this, but just wondering, for players that have played Sims 3 extensively, are the expansion packs worth £50 for all of them (including Generations)?

I already have Sims 3 the base game on EADM, but none of the expansions. The collection is on sale on Steam until July 11th for £50, but with me already owning the game I'd be paying £50 for the expansion packs.

Still worth it? Do they add enough substantial features to be worth that much? £50 is quite a lot in the context of a Steam sale :p Still way cheaper than buying all the packs individually though... hmm...

I've got (all?) the expansions: The World Adventures one (whatever it's called), Ambitions, and Night Life.

I've really enjoyed the additions from all 3, honestly, and I think I've gotten them all when they've launched for $30, or $40 each. I have no regrets, and I'm generally exclusively a sales purchaser.

McNum

PaulLFC said:
Sorry to bump this, but just wondering, for players that have played Sims 3 extensively, are the expansion packs worth £50 for all of them (including Generations)?

I already have Sims 3 the base game on EADM, but none of the expansions. The collection is on sale on Steam until July 11th for £50, but with me already owning the game I'd be paying £50 for the expansion packs.

Still worth it? Do they add enough substantial features to be worth that much? £50 is quite a lot in the context of a Steam sale :p Still way cheaper than buying all the packs individually though... hmm...
Personally, I say World Adventures no, the others yes. But if you get the full bundle off Steam then the World Adventures pack doesn't make the game worse, it just rarely comes up in play. Plus you get all the Stuff Packs. They're mostly useless, but nice to have anyway if you want more... stuff.

I did a review of all the current expansions in the User Review thread, so take a look for my longer opinions about each.

balddemon

Banned
I may just be stupid, but how can my sim read books?? Do I have to have a bookshelf? I bought a couple skill books at the bookstore, but I have no idea where to find them lol. And I've been clicking Never on the tooltips...

Seventy5

balddemon said:
I may just be stupid, but how can my sim read books?? Do I have to have a bookshelf? I bought a couple skill books at the bookstore, but I have no idea where to find them lol. And I've been clicking Never on the tooltips...
If you bought the book, it's in your inventory, you can read it from there iirc. Otherwise you have to have a bookshelf or go to the library.

I don't mind the whole "base game->expansions->sequel->rebuy expansions" with some of them, but others I find stupid. For example, Night Life should've carried over from The Sims 2, but I totaly understand having to rebuy pets, at least from EAs POV. I think it's the best selling EP. Plus, releasing the vacation expansion first this gen made it the first time I bought it.

However, what I really want is more cross-expansion pack opportunities. Also, if horses are the only new pets, then fuck them.

balddemon

Banned
Seventy5 said:
If you bought the book, it's in your inventory, you can read it from there iirc. Otherwise you have to have a bookshelf or go to the library.

Yeah, I literally just found my inventory haha. Thanks.

McNum

That's the full patch. Any game version up to 1.24. There are smaller incremental patches if you do it manually, but I wouldn't be surprised if the download is a 1.00 version. Did you just get the basic game or was it a bundle with any of the expansions?

Futureman

Anyone have Sims 3 Pets?

My GF loves Sims 3, so I was thinking of doing the Target Buy 2 Get 1. I'll get Dark Souls and maybe NHL 2011, and then Sims 3 Pets for my GF.

is it pretty much the same game, but with the addition of Pets? can she use her save file from Sims 3 on Pets?

McNum

Futureman said:
Anyone have Sims 3 Pets?

My GF loves Sims 3, so I was thinking of doing the Target Buy 2 Get 1. I'll get Dark Souls and maybe NHL 2011, and then Sims 3 Pets for my GF.

is it pretty much the same game, but with the addition of Pets? can she use her save file from Sims 3 on Pets?
I do! Well, I have the PC version. No way I'll play Sims 3 without a mouse. That and juggling mods and custom content is half the fun! (Especially when I make my own.)

Yes, it's Sims 3, now with added cats, dogs, and horses (and unicorns) plus whatever clothes and items that fit a pet theme. So if you wanted a sweater with a garish cat motive, or want to dress up a Sim in all jockey wear, now's your chance!

On the PC, it's save file compatible all the way back to base game. As long as the installation you're using is the same or a higher version number AND has all the expansions and stuff packs installed that the save was made with, it'll load. If you're missing custom items or clothes, the game will replace those with defaults. If the game WON'T load, you'll need a mod to catch the error, but that's more advanced.

If you're thinking of the console version, I have no idea. They're usually standalone stores, although they got more properly sandbox-y this generation. Still prefer the PC one, though.

TP17

Ahh The Sims, I'll play it for a week non-stop then forget about it before rediscovering it again 4 months later :)

McNum

TP17 said:
Ahh The Sims, I'll play it for a week non-stop then forget about it before rediscovering it again 4 months later :)
Ever since Sims 1, this has been my "fallback" game. If there's nothing new to play, and I just want to play something simple and relaxing, I boot up whatever latest version of The Sims I have. It's good fun, but terribly dangerous to play in the late evening. Because there's always a new event coming up the next day that you just have to see. Basically, I get the Civilization curse of "One more turn..." in The Sims. And this game is real time.

I try to vary it up with how I play, though. Some times, I make the perfect family, other times it's soap opera time. Which reminds me, I need to play an Evil Sim again soon. That's always fun.

Yuripaw

Banned

Haha, this is me ^_^ I bought Sims 3 when it came out, and have consistently playing it in short spurts...then I'll completely forget about it's existence, and discover it again and play it like crazy. I never really explore I could explore when I play the game too. Despite the fact that I actually own most of the expansions. I think the only one I'm missing is World Adventures which seemed like the weakest one out of them all. I don't buy any of the item expansions either, I just own stuff like Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, and Showtime.

I'm back again at the phase where I've been really bored with everything I play after I beat Tales of Graces, so I'm installing Sims 3 yet again on my computer.

I really wish I was more creative with making houses, I don't have the imagination to make something cool. I generally just put up a house with 4 walls, and a few walls to seperate the living room from the kitchen, and watch my Sims be lazy 24/7 lol

I did mess around with some of the late night content a bit more. The problem I have with the sims I think is time goes too fast. I really wish the time of each day was longer, and that they didn't get tired so damn quickly. Needs like sleep, and hunger come too often and fast where I just arrive at a location, and my Sim is already ready for bed. Give me a break.

trinest

When I played it last I double dipped for a steam copy and picked up the expansions on the cheap. One of them been pets. My pets keep running away or dying. Seriously that girl can not keep a horse.

Yuripaw

Banned
When I played it last I double dipped for a steam copy and picked up the expansions on the cheap. One of them been pets. My pets keep running away or dying. Seriously that girl can not keep a horse.

I haven't really messed around with the Pets content much. I'm kinda afraid to, because I remember in one of the previous Sims games, the Pets content was actually some of the most annoying. Taking care of Pets was more of a chore than it was worth, and you would always get fucking raccoons and other animals bothering you.

Jintor

So I have a copy of Sims 3 on Origin (I bought the game retail when it first came out and somehow when I booted up Origin it was already there), but I can't register the Key for a Sims3 account for some goddamn reason :T

McNum

So I have a copy of Sims 3 on Origin (I bought the game retail when it first came out and somehow when I booted up Origin it was already there), but I can't register the Key for a Sims3 account for some goddamn reason :T
If you have the game on Origin, I think the code is already registered. That's how EA knew to add the game to your Origin account. I have all the expansions on disk, but when I register, they appear on Origin, too.

Mojojo

Oh, then I probably already have an account. Sweet.

Any recommended expansion packs? Do they have Seasons yet?

No seasons yet, rumored to come after the next one, Supernatural.

for recommended xpacs, I'll just list my preferences from 1st to last :

1)Ambitions (for professions like the fashion designer or fireman)
2)Generations (adds stuff for families and each life stages + spiral stairs..)
3)Pets ( only if you like pets ;), some players find them annoying)
4) Showtime (got it mostly for the items/clothes which are very cool; the new professions are average, and the online element introduced in it, "Simport" is simply atrocious, glad it's completly optional)
5) Late Night (I found that the celebrity game mechanic and vampire 'plague' could get really annoying long term )
6) World Adventures (never got interested in the tomb exploration stuff, doesn't suit Sims imo But some nice civilization themed stuff -asian ,Middle-eastern, french- : recipes, clothes , martial arts..)

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_Wiki

McNum

Oh, then I probably already have an account. Sweet.

Any recommended expansion packs? Do they have Seasons yet?
Well, here's what I think of the packs. Apart from World Adventures, I like them all, but you should think if they add something to the game you feel is missing or not.

World Adventures adds dungeon crawls, mummies, and martial arts to the game. If you think Sims 3 needs to be more of a dungeon crawler, then... you're as nuts as EA. I say skip it, unless you want martial artist Sims.

Ambitions is a work upgrade. You get some new careers and new skills, including the amusing Invention skill. Want a mad scientist? That's the ticket. You also get the ability to turn any reasonably trained skill into a career, like becoming a a writer with a high writing skill. Or a low writing skill, but you won't earn much until you improve.

Late Night adds nightclubs and bars. And vampires. It also adds the fame mechanic, which can be hit and miss. But basically, if you think the game needs fame, bars, and vampires, you want this. Otherwise, skip it.

Generations is a straight-up core improvement. It makes the life of a Sim much more interesting, and gives each life stage something new to do. I recommend it. Just get a mod to do something about imaginary friends, they can get pretty obnoxious and you'll get plenty of that doll if you leave it as is.

Pets adds dogs, cats, horses, and various small critters like birds, hamsters and such. Really not much else to say about that. Well, one more thing: Unicorn.

Showtime is a sort of hybrid of Late Night and Ambitions. It expands fame and adds new careers. If you got the other two, this is a nice companion, if not, it's not really worth it. And the social features are a nightmare.

Then there are all those dang Stuff Packs. They don't usually add new gameplay mechanics, they just... stuff. If you see a theme you like, you can buy the pack and have more, say, grills and hottubs if you buy the Outdoors Stuff one. Not crucial in any way, but not harmful either.

Oh, and keep an eye on potential mods. Some of them improve the game as much as an Expansion Pack. Sims 3 is very moddable, but also pretty easy to mess up with mods made for a wrong version. Mod with care, and try not to mix and match too crazily, the game can get cranky if you do.

Personally, I use the Story Progression mod that turns EA's random acts into a soap opera with all the NPC Sims, and it has a population control built in, so you can limit the amount of NPC Sims living in the town. Do note that this mod will cause a performance hit, you probably want to add half a GB RAM to the system requirements if you plan on using it.

McNum

Oh no...Desire to play Sims increasing. :| Don't do this to me GAF.
Just think of the bugs. The freezes. The crashes. The hours of lost gameplay because you didn't save as much as you should.

Related, I also recommend a simple little mod called "The Saver". It adds an autosave to the game.

Retro

Just think of the bugs. The freezes. The crashes. The hours of lost gameplay because you didn't save as much as you should.

Yes, and remember the cash shop that seeks to separate you from your money for items that should be built into the game or content packs but instead is subtly overpriced and made to look attractive and cheap.

Remember how in-your-face the cash shop is.

Remember the lack of staple building items that were part of the original Sims but have somehow manage to take multiple expansion packs to make their way back (Pool tables took until Showtime? Really? Fuck you, EA)

Every time I think about playing the Sims 3, I remember how much bullshit it's wrapped in now versus the original or even Sims 2.

McNum

There are some really odd omissions in Sims 3. Like the diving board. It wasn't even in Outdoor Living Stuff. Why would you remove that? It was awesome in Sims 2. And weather. I miss the snow, it was awesome in Sims 2 seasons, how it would just cover anything left outside with a layer of snow, even custom objects. Plus lightning, of course.

Honestly, and I've been saying this before, but The Sims needs a competitor. Someone else needs to tackle the everyday life simulator genre, and give The Sims a scare. EA is too self-content with having a genre monopoly.

Mojojo

There are some really odd omissions in Sims 3. Like the diving board. It wasn't even in Outdoor Living Stuff. Why would you remove that? It was awesome in Sims 2. And weather. I miss the snow, it was awesome in Sims 2 seasons, how it would just cover anything left outside with a layer of snow, even custom objects. Plus lightning, of course.

Honestly, and I've been saying this before, but The Sims needs a competitor. Someone else needs to tackle the everyday life simulator genre, and give The Sims a scare. EA is too self-content with having a genre monopoly.

I'd like to blame the overpriced Sims Store, but it seems there is some lack of synergy/planning between their xpac teams. There is not one xpac I am totally happy with, always seems to miss something.
As for seasons, I suspect the open neighbourhood feature of Sims 3 to be the main issue for its development.

McNum

Generations is pretty much self-contained. It basically just upgrades the Sims themselves and makes each stage of life unique, which was especially needed for the Young Adult and Adult stages. Now, Adults can get midlife crises, which can be pretty fun if you decide to follw up on it. And teens get mood swings.

Pets as well. But pets were always planned for Sims 3, there were dummied out references to cats and dogs way back in the original v1.00. Horses, not so much.

Maybe that's why those two packs slot into the game a bit easier than the rest.

Mojojo

Official confirmation for the 7th sims3 xpac, Supernaturalhttp://thesims.com/en_us/the-sims-3...ms3StoreJune12_Internal_ComSplash_EP7Preorder

Highlights :

-New creatures : Witch, Werewolf, new Vampire, Fairy (can be made in CAS)

-new skill : elixir brewing (Zombification is made through a special elixir)

-New career : Mystic fortune teller

-New Town : Moonlight Falls

-BoneHilda is making a comeback
IyWcy.jpg

And of course EA found a way to grab me back, I am so weak :_( :

Plant vs Zombie preorder bonus :

-a working peashooter!!!
-Ripped Zombie Suit Outfit
-Newspaper Zombie Suit Outfit
-Cone and Bucket hats

Tess3ract

Banned
I have a question:

I want to install sims 3 to another hard drive, where do the expansions fall into this? Where do I put them in a custom install?

McNum

I have a question:

I want to install sims 3 to another hard drive, where do the expansions fall into this? Where do I put them in a custom install?
Each expansion is installed in its own separate folder. So you have a "The Sims 3" folder for the base game and, for instance a "The Sims 3 Generations" where the data for Generations is stored.

So the answer to that is, wherever you want as long as each expansion gets a separate folder. I suppose you could even install the expansions on one drive and the main game on another, if you wanted to.

You can still run the game from the base game installation, by the way. "...The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe" boots up the game with all the addons you've installed.

Tess3ract

Banned
No it's because I have two monitors and while my sim is reading or at work or whatever and doesn't need my direct imput I want to browse the internet.

McNum

No it's because I have two monitors and while my sim is reading or at work or whatever and doesn't need my direct imput I want to browse the internet.
Hmm, you're probably going to need a third party program to intercept the video output of Sims 3 to do that. Sims 3 can run windowed, but it has a border when it does. There's an option that lets Sims 3 keep running when out of focus in the game options, but I don't know if it keeps sound running, too. I haven't messed much with the windowed mode.

Z3M0G

I see this thread doesn't get a lot of activity, but I see no other internet hits on this at all...

The Supernatural expansion has a sheet in the case about the Seasons pack... saying:

Receive an exclusive object that offers surprising new gameplay for players that have both The Sims 3 Supernatural and The Sims 3 Seasons installed.

Learn more at thesims3.com/seasons

That link is BS... not able to find any answers anywhere about this.

Any help!?!?!

Thanks GAF!

Top Bottom