• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Space Invaders Extreme XBLA Official Thread

Single player is awesome. Love it. The upscaled sprites look kinda shitty on the screenshots in the first post, but it's great in motion, even on a big HDTV.

Online, not so much. It's like playing it on one of those LCD Tiger games.
...however, having everything slowed time gave me a bit of time to think more. :p

Mamesj

Banned
is there more delay with your shots in this version? I don't know if it's just 'cause my brain perceives a long delay because the tv is farther away than a DS, but it's really screwing me up.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I purchased the game yesterday and finished it in one sitting. I got very lucky with the last boss as I was apparently moved and was in a position where it couldn't hit me. Kept firing at it and completed the game.

Playing this game with my new Sennheiser headphones, a couple of feet away from a 40" HDTV in the pitch black = holy freaking shit!!

No experience quite like it.

rcl66

Did anyone try the DLC with the emulators? I'm curious if it's just look and feel of the original using the new engine or if it really emulates the original arcade version.

rcl66 said:
Did anyone try the DLC with the emulators? I'm curious if it's just look and feel of the original using the new engine or if it really emulates the original arcade version.
The emulated games on the DLC feels just like the original releases to me. Problem is, IMO, that it's a simple 108k or so unlock key for $3 bucks. Feels a bit nickel 'n dime-y...

Top Bottom