• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Robot Wars Z2-2 |OT| - Thread of Outgrowing Galaxies with Manly Tears

Its two systems, not three.

Besides, it not as convuluted as the first SRWZ point systems, now that was a headache.

Gonna take a wild stab at this, and guess that there is only 5 Emblems to unlock. If its just 5 extra things on top of the Skill Point system, it isnt really that complicated at all.

EDIT pt DEUX: And after looking over the info/scans, its not even really considered a system honestly (even if they call it a system). It just looks like you just need to meet certain requirements to unlock actual equippable items (aka the Emblems). So its really not that much different than doing some out of the way thing to unlock a special item in any run of the mill RPG.
Although skill points and difficulty level are joined, I would still technically call them separate systems.

Z does get complicated with its plot related point systems (I don't think they have a huge impact on game play overall). I thought that was excessive, myself. But Z does have a difficulty mode that isn't a complete cakewalk, Ex-Hard.

I'd be surprised if it was only 5 medals/emblems. Yes, my point was that it's just your average achievements/trophy collect em up sort of thing, which I don't see a big reason to add to the game at all. I think they should cater to a wider range of skill levels.

Jubern

From what I saw it looks like there are only a few emblem, but that you can get several of them? Aren't those equipable parts?

Shouta

From what I saw it looks like there are only a few emblem, but that you can get several of them? Aren't those equipable parts?

Yes, they're achievements that give you equippable parts. The one we know of right now allows players to break the XP boost limit (which is normally 2x) when taking out enemies.

Bebpo

Banned
Man, I'm so tempted to buy PSN points and get the digital version so I can be playing this Wed night instead of probably next Monday going by how late ncsx has been getting shipments these days. But then I go to Play-Asia and a 5000yen card + three 1000yen cards is like $150. Ffffuuu. Gonna force myself to be patient and save $50. Wish PSN cards weren't so overpriced these days.

Almost done with my Z2-1 replay, map 38/50. Was skipping all the non-stage story to speed through it, but now that I'm at the end I'm actually following the plot since the last 15 maps are where all the important stuff is. Will be nice to finish this replay up just before Z2-2 comes out and transition into that one. Very excited. Got my Kingdom Hearts 3DS today in the mail, but I'd rather play Z2-1 -> Z2-2, so it'll have to wait a month.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm thinking I might play every route on the same playthrough, this time... It'd be the first time I'd do that, but the last game left me *really* sour about what I missed (basically everything not Macross and Gundam 00?).

Hope I won't get burned out é_è

If you don't mind slower pacing, and a more challenging game, I'd recommend it. I didn't do it for my first few SRW games and I always felt kind of cheated that half or 2/3rds of the major events were happening offscreen and somebody was just telling me about all the cool stuff I missed afterwards when they regroup. Playing a single playthrough where everytime there's a branch you make two saves and play both and then when they combine pick one and continue off that gives a story feeling of reading an entire book from start to finish and is very satisfying. When you just do 1 route it's like picking up a book and reading every odd chapter and then reading it again right after but only reading every even chapter. Just feels weird to me, but ymmv for srw players.

It's also MUCH easier to do this in games with only a single lead character because you never have to replay stages. You just play the single route and each split and then toss one save when they combine again, repeat. In games with 2 characters or even 4 it's a huge pain in the ass and really slows down the pacing because you have to do a whole bunch of the same maps twice or more. So assuming Z2-2 is another single route game like Z2-1, it's the ideal SRW for doing all routes in one playthrough. It's also easier to do without getting burned out in short SRW games. Like the DS ones, even with all routes only take maybe 50 hours. Z2-1 was about 100 hours for all routes. @3 on the other hand is like 200+ hours :\

TimeKillr

Man, I'm so tempted to buy PSN points and get the digital version so I can be playing this Wed night instead of probably next Monday going by how late ncsx has been getting shipments these days. But then I go to Play-Asia and a 5000yen card + three 1000yen cards is like $150. Ffffuuu. Gonna force myself to be patient and save $50. Wish PSN cards weren't so overpriced these days.

Almost done with my Z2-1 replay, map 38/50. Was skipping all the non-stage story to speed through it, but now that I'm at the end I'm actually following the plot since the last 15 maps are where all the important stuff is. Will be nice to finish this replay up just before Z2-2 comes out and transition into that one. Very excited. Got my Kingdom Hearts 3DS today in the mail, but I'd rather play Z2-1 -> Z2-2, so it'll have to wait a month.

Yeah I was looking at the same and freaked out when I saw how much it would cost.

But I would SOOOO love to play this on my Vita, god damn. :(

Yes, they're achievements that give you equippable parts. The one we know of right now allows players to break the XP boost limit (which is normally 2x) when taking out enemies.
Way back in SRW 3 or 4 there was no XP cap at all, and not even a cap on the level difference XP multiplier. You could put a lv 20-30 gundam pilot in the ZZ then get them to level 80 in one MAP attack.

Yeah I was looking at the same and freaked out when I saw how much it would cost.

But I would SOOOO love to play this on my Vita, god damn. :(

http://www.japan-codes.com/psn/ only $125

Getting a physical version would take probably more than a week, only cost $0-25 less depending on customs. And I wouldn't be able to play it on a Vita. Not that it really matters because I might not play this game at all until late summer because I barely started Z1.

Mandoric

Banned

this is pure, pure speculation

but I wouldn't be surprised if they were mostly completion achievements. The reason for the new in-battle stats and figures menu is specifically "to track your progress toward emblems", after all.

I mean, Iron and doubling Exp gain once you have a lot of aces just calls out for Gold and doubling credits gain once you break 10 mil or something. Platinum can be on full clear, all SR?

I've bailed on the 2ch thread full of bad rumors in favor of the far superior "SRWZ2: Saisei-hen: Winky Soft Edition" thread.
"What would the stats of the 0 Gundam be?"
"Nothing, Ribbons would just come out in a Valshion Kai."

"Choose between God Scrander and Mazinkaiser"

"Gundam Exia HP2700 EN100 Mobility: 110 Limit: 240
GN Vulcan BBCA 1 800 20/20
GN Dagger -ACA 1 800 5EN
GN Short Blade -ACA 1 1000 10EN
GN Beam Saber -ACA 1 1100 5/5
GN Sword -ACA 1 1200 15EN
GN Long Blade -ACA 1 1500 20EN
Trans-Am ABCS 1-5 2400 1/1"

"Innovades' lackeys: 'A-LAWS'
Trieze's lackeys: 'A-LAWS'
Schneizel's lackeys: 'A-LAWS'
Durandal's lackeys: 'DC Remnants'"

"Virtue + MAP attack + double move!
But Tieria gets double move at level 65"

"To use the Aquarion, you have to sortie all three Vectors and combine them once they hit 120 morale"

"Kira is a Newtype, Setsuna is a Newtype, Crowe is a Newtype.
The Innovades are Cyber-Newtypes."

Mandoric

Banned
Mandoric, you're a great poster, but sometimes I can't follow your posts at all, lol.

It's a collection of old SRW cliches updated with the Z cast. =D It's that or fill the thread with '2ch said 4chan said 2ch said you can recruit Epyon' rumors.

Having played all the Winkysoft SRWs, I get a few of these jokes..

Makes fun of 4th SRW where you have to choose between keeping Dancougar or Combattler V (among a lot of other units being scrapped as the game progresses).

"Virtue + MAP attack + double move!"
Makes fun of the fact that most super pilots won't be high enough level to learn double act by the time you finish any winkysoft SRW.

"To use the Aquarion, you have to sortie all three Vectors and combine them once they hit 120 morale"
Makes fun of the fact that you frequently have to play with Dancougar or Combattler-V as their separated parts. The separated Dancougar parts can't use their best form unless they have 120 morale in F/FF.

Beth Cyra

Makes fun of 4th SRW where you have to choose between keeping Dancougar or Combattler V (among a lot of other units being scrapped as the game progresses).

Makes fun of the fact that most super pilots won't be high enough level to learn double act by the time you finish any winkysoft SRW.

Makes fun of the fact that you frequently have to play with Dancougar or Combattler-V as their separated parts. The separated Dancougar parts can't use their best form unless they have 120 morale in F/FF.

Z1 had a similar setup for Grand Kaiser and God Gravion for 1/2 the game as well.

Never played F/FF, did they change it up at the end game or no?

Mandoric

Banned

I actually think it was Alpha where you got to pick between Mass-Production Mazinger and Mazinkaiser. And then having to field SRX as the the whole R-series, though they made decent real robots until they combined.

I actually think it was Alpha where you got to pick between Mass-Production Mazinger and Mazinkaiser. And then having to field SRX as the the whole R-series, though they made decent real robots until they combined.

Alpha wasn't produced by winkysoft. F/FF was their last SRW until Masou Kishin II.

You're right about SRX, though.. maybe I missed that one. I thought it was more funny pointing to Dancougar or Combattler's separated parts because they were bad or awful when separated.

I'm not sure what you mean by "change it up"?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Z1 had a similar setup for Grand Kaiser and God Gravion for 1/2 the game as well.

The only thing about F/FF that I remember clearly was that I enjoyed abusing Ideon's 99999999 dmg MAP attack. A lot. And lots of evil giggling and chuckling whenever it happened.

Beth Cyra

Alpha wasn't produced by winkysoft. F/FF was their last SRW until Masou Kishin II.

You're right about SRX, though.. maybe I missed that one. I thought it was more funny pointing to Dancougar or Combattler's separated parts because they were bad or awful when separated.

I'm not sure what you mean by "change it up"?

I mean a shift in gameplay where the suits start out linked like Grand Kaiser and the Diva's combined into God Gravion/Sol Gravion prior to mission start?

Or did they make it so even on the last mission you had to hit 120m to link up in F/FF?

Bebpo

Banned
Man, I forgot how epic the last 13 or so maps in Z2-1 are. I really really enjoy the OG story in the Z universe. The Asakim/Aimu/Crowe scenes in Z2-1 were very cool. Can't wait to see where the OG story goes in Z2-2. If the OG story isn't wrapped up in Z2-2 (which I doubt it will be), it's going to be a long hyped up wait for the Z story finale.

Also, goddamn, Nu is sexy in Z2. And the Amuro/Quattro stuff in Z2-1 is really good character development setups. Can't wait until they do CCA!

Or did they make it so even on the last mission you had to hit 120m to link up in F/FF?
No, there's only a few specific early missions when dancougar or combattler start out separated. Most of the time they start joined.

The only thing about F/FF that I remember clearly was that I enjoyed abusing Ideon's 99999999 dmg MAP attack. A lot. And lots of evil giggling and chuckling whenever it happened.
You mean like this? lol

SRWF078.png

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
You mean like this? lol

SRWF078.png

Yep yep. Bit upset you couldnt abuse it in Alpha 3 though. :p

And for those who never played F/FF, Ideon has sets of weapons that unlock, based on how much total damage it takes during the whole battle. (Recovering HP does not negate anything acquired to that total).

The thing though is if Ideon takes TOO MUCH damage, it will go berserk, and start shooting off a 99999999 dmg MAP attack (the one in the pic). It won't just randomly pic a direction and aim either, since it will follow the standard AI rules when deciding where to use a MAP attack. In other words, pick an area with the highest amount of targets. Shoot. Although when berserk, it won't care if the targets are enemies or friendlies.

Fun times.

Bebpo

Banned
Oooooh, so that's how you unlock Ideon's weapons in alpha3. I never get any of his good attacks outside when they appear for story purposes and I was wondering why and it's because he never takes much damage in the maps.

Need to start firing map attacks on him since the alpha3 enemies are so weak.

Shouta

Oooooh, so that's how you unlock Ideon's weapons in alpha3. I never get any of his good attacks outside when they appear for story purposes and I was wondering why and it's because he never takes much damage in the maps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNqh8pu39YQ

I one time saved all the enemies on a map for a single ideon gun and blew everything away in one shot. It was epic.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member

My description was for F Final, but its relatively the same way in Alpha 3, with some minor difference. I know that to unlock the uber weapons, not only do you have to level up the Ideon gauge (take damage, ally dies, or it goes up every turn if HP below 50%), you also have to have Ideon's HP below 30%.

In F Final, you just need to take damage, that's it.

On a different note: *CRIES* AHHHHHH MY PSP'S SQUARE BUTTON ISNT WORKING ANYMORE.

Luckily, this isn't a game breaking thing that would stop me from playing the game (ie, its not like its used to confirm commands), but it looks like I'm probably gonna have to grab a digital version of SRW2.2, that way I can play it on my Vita.

Bebpo

Banned
My description was for F Final, but its relatively the same way in Alpha 3, with some minor difference. I know that to unlock the uber weapons, not only do you have to level up the Ideon gauge (take damage, ally dies, or it goes up every turn if HP below 50%), you also have to have Ideon's HP below 30%.

In F Final, you just need to take damage, that's it.

On a different note: *CRIES* AHHHHHH MY PSP'S SQUARE BUTTON ISNT WORKING ANYMORE.

Luckily, this isn't a game breaking thing that would stop me from playing the game (ie, its not like its used to confirm commands), but it looks like I'm probably gonna have to grab a digital version of SRW2.2, that way I can play it on my Vita.

The problem is Alpha 3 is so easy, usually none of those three things happen on their own, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNqh8pu39YQ

I one time saved all the enemies on a map for a single ideon gun and blew everything away in one shot. It was epic.

Yeah, the only time I've ever seen Ideon gun is in the story scene where it first appeared. By the end of most Alpha 3 maps, the best attack he has is the full screen 1000 missiles. I never see any attacks beyond that and I always deploy him up front!

Mandoric

Banned
The problem is Alpha 3 is so easy, usually none of those three things happen on their own, lol.

Yeah, the only time I've ever seen Ideon gun is in the story scene where it first appeared. By the end of most Alpha 3 maps, the best attack he has is the full screen 1000 missiles. I never see any attacks beyond that and I always deploy him up front!

Ideon's kind of a trap unit. Any upgrades except hit rate and weapons make it less useful.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There's no such thing as a hard SRW - even SRWZ hard is still easy.

Now SRW A Portable - now that's frustatingly hard.

Beth Cyra

There's no such thing as a hard SRW - even SRWZ hard is still easy.

Now SRW A Portable - now that's frustatingly hard.

I don't think I've ever been as blindsided as hard as I was with A Portable.

I got it a few weeks after playing MX Port (My first SRW) and I was told that the original A was around MX's level.

Loaded up A Portable and after the first few levels the amount of times I missed and how much damage and how easily they hit me just blew my mind.

Hell if TFO could do more damage I swear Koji/TFO and Dizer could solo MX and all of a sudden I was having a maxed out Wing Zero EW missing his TBR in A Port.

Bebpo

Banned
I love how in Z2-1 Elgan loves both breaking into rooms and shooting people point blank. The OG characters in this are sooo good!

On stage 42 of my replay; final Dai-Guard stage. Good times.

PS. I hate Chirico gameplay-wise. I used the hell out of him on my first play because you guys all said he was awesome, never gets hit, and does high damage criticals all the time. But I'm not using him at all this play. His movement sucks, his weapons are all pretty low damage unless you max him, and he dies in one hit. Meh, would rather use a high damage output, high armor super with multiple seishin banks in his place. Not using Nirvash either this playthrough.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't think I've ever been as blindsided as hard as I was with A Portable.

I got it a few weeks after playing MX Port (My first SRW) and I was told that the original A was around MX's level.

Loaded up A Portable and after the first few levels the amount of times I missed and how much damage and how easily they hit me just blew my mind.

Hell if TFO could do more damage I swear Koji/TFO and Dizer could solo MX and all of a sudden I was having a maxed out Wing Zero EW missing his TBR in A Port.

Yeah. Seriously even a grunt evades like a master and takes more than two shots to kill.

PS. I hate Chirico gameplay-wise. I used the hell out of him on my first play because you guys all said he was awesome, never gets hit, and does high damage criticals all the time. But I'm not using him at all this play. His movement sucks, his weapons are all pretty low damage unless you max him, and he dies in one hit. Meh, would rather use a high damage output, high armor super with multiple seishin banks in his place. Not using Nirvash either this playthrough.

You remedy his movement problems of course. The others is up to you. Keep his HP low if you haven't fully upgraded him though. Survivor + Potential = deadly combo.

How to get God Chirico:

1. Park in front of Macross
2. Macross uses Strike + Hot Blood + Mercy
3. Fire MAP weapon.
4. Wreck faces.

Zengar

How to get God Chirico:

1. Park in front of Macross
2. Macross uses Strike + Hot Blood + Mercy
3. Fire MAP weapon.
4. Wreck faces.

Except that my Chririco's skill is always higher than macross's captain and Heero so I couldn't use MAP attack on him.

Zengar

I don't think Chirico has something that uses Skill stat.

Just try playing SRW A P.

I use the attack again skill, combined that with Chirico's unique skill which enhances critical attack damage by x 1.5 (instead of x1.2 as usual; besides, high skill point also increase the chance of critical attack) make Chirico one of the best attacker in the game.

Top Bottom