• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Robot Wars Z2-2 |OT| - Thread of Outgrowing Galaxies with Manly Tears

Beth Cyra

I don't think Chirico has something that uses Skill stat.

Just try playing SRW A P.

I think he was more trying to understand because your first sentence says there is no such thing as a hard SRW, then in the next you say SRW A Portable is infact hard.

Dd you mean there is just no hard SRW in the Z series? Or in general and A Portable is an odd rarity?

Can't wait for my copy to arrive.

I wonder if we'll ever get a SRW where you can choose from 4 protagonists again.

I don't mind Crowe, but I did like having that choice.

Jubern

The fuck? You get 10000 credits for getting the SP point on Stage 1 o_O

The game looks easier and easier each time you learn something about it.

squall23

Can't wait for my copy to arrive.

I wonder if we'll ever get a SRW where you can choose from 4 protagonists again.

I don't mind Crowe, but I did like having that choice.
They've started getting lazy in making upgrades for the originals recently let alone multiple originals, you think they would go back to giving us so many choices?

The only 3 originals that got upgrades in the past 4 years were Virgola, Solvrius and Shigzal.

Jubern

Alright this is getting ridiculous.

There are now 8 skill slots and SP Regen is back. What the fuck?²

edit > There's also a skill that gives you 10 SP back when you destroy an enemy o_O

squall23

They found Chirico to be too broken in the last game. So to even things out in your party, they gave everybody else a chance to be broken.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
oh shit, carry overs from previous game

http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Z2.2/Carryover_Bonus

FUUU, do i really need to complete the damn chart? i don't feel like replayin the game 5 fucking times.

You only have to replay the game 3 times to get the whole chart, I think. And apparently, it looks like I'm missing one stage on the chart... luckily that's one of the stage 9s, so I should be able to knock that out easily.

Mandoric

Banned
Off-the-cuff:

The "default" enemy seems to be 'AS AI'. Antispiral AI?

Aquarion takes down a Control/Controlled Dimension Beast.

What the hell is Amuro even shooting at, a Wing grunt? I don't recognize the design.

You only have to replay the game 3 times to get the whole chart, I think. And apparently, it looks like I'm missing one stage on the chart... luckily that's one of the stage 9s, so I should be able to knock that out easily.
As I posted earlier, I only did 3 laps and begun a 4th to complete the scenario chart (that 4th version of 9). I only hope the carryover reads both the hakaihen system save and mission save, considering my scenario chart is complete only for the former...

edit: that's a nice bonus: +280PP, +13 kills, +1,300,000 money and some parts.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Some system tidbits. Not sure if I spoilers or not though.

8 pilot skills slots instead of 6.
You gain money for clearing SR point.
Part of new pilot skill is SP Regen per kill (10 SP per kill).

I use the attack again skill, combined that with Chirico's unique skill which enhances critical attack damage by x 1.5 (instead of x1.2 as usual; besides, high skill point also increase the chance of critical attack) make Chirico one of the best attacker in the game.

Ahh that, I didn't give him that (since normally he deals so much damage).

I think he was more trying to understand because your first sentence says there is no such thing as a hard SRW, then in the next you say SRW A Portable is infact hard.

Dd you mean there is just no hard SRW in the Z series? Or in general and A Portable is an odd rarity?

What I meant is that even in SRWZ Hard mode, it's not hard. SRW being hard isn't really true... until you play SRW A Portable.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
8 pilot skills slots instead of 6.
You gain money for clearing SR point.
Part of new pilot skill is SP Regen per kill (10 SP per kill).

Doesn't reveal any story plot, so I wouldn't consider it spoilers.

Zengar

What I meant is that even in SRWZ Hard mode, it's not hard. SRW being hard isn't really true... until you play SRW A Portable.
You should play SRW 3 then. I found A portable quite easy compared to that.

Off-the-cuff:

The "default" enemy seems to be 'AS AI'. Antispiral AI?

Aquarion takes down a Control/Controlled Dimension Beast.

What the hell is Amuro even shooting at, a Wing grunt? I don't recognize the design.

Um, Amuro is
shooting at an Axio. It was pretty much the standard OG grunt (used by terrorists) in SRWZ2 until the DBeasts took over that role.

Mandoric

Banned
Um, Amuro is
shooting at an Axio. It was pretty much the standard OG grunt (used by terrorists) in SRWZ2 until the DBeasts took over that role.

<--- Short attention span/went super fork all Hakai-hen master race

Edit: Re my line 1,
Arcsaber AI is probably a lot more likely now that I think about it.

Am I the only one who gave Attack Again and Continuous Action to pretty much every attacker? I kind of intend to do the same in part 2, with probably a good measure of SP regen if it's back.

You should play SRW 3 then. I found A portable quite easy compared to that.
Not being able to cancel an enemy selection was pretty awful. Complete Box made this game so much more palatable, if easier.

SRW F can be difficult. SRW Z has Ex-Hard, not just hard. SRW OG2 for GBA also has Ex-Hard, although it has a loophole. Not sure how difficult OGS's Ex-Hard is. I know most of the modern SRWs aren't particularly difficult but I've played through most of the older ones and you'll find some difficult stuff there.

Don't forget trying to get low turn counts.. you can't grind your way out of that in most SRWs because your turn count doesn't reset if you retry a mission. Even if you thought a scenario was 'easy', someone probably figured out how to do it faster and more efficiently.

3rd SRW was too easily broken by MAP attacks, imo.

TimeKillr

Am I the only one who gave Attack Again and Continuous Action to pretty much every attacker? I kind of intend to do the same in part 2, with probably a good measure of SP regen if it's back..

I did the same. With 8 skills now, it's gonna be insane.

Basically, Attack Again + Continuous Attack + Size difference ignore + 170 Will. Complete destruction of everything assured!

If you get as much SP as you did in 2.1, you won't need SP Regen, seriously. I was out of SP very rarely in 2.1.

And this is getting bad. My 2.1 save now *starts* with so many PP for Crowe that he gets all the skills he wants + S on every terrain type + 400 stat in ranged, 400 skill, 400 dodge and almost 400 hit.. It's like he's level 99 when he starts....

I did the same. With 8 skills now, it's gonna be insane.

Basically, Attack Again + Continuous Attack + Size difference ignore + 170 Will. Complete destruction of everything assured!

If you get as much SP as you did in 2.1, you won't need SP Regen, seriously. I was out of SP very rarely in 2.1.

And this is getting bad. My 2.1 save now *starts* with so many PP for Crowe that he gets all the skills he wants + S on every terrain type + 400 stat in ranged, 400 skill, 400 dodge and almost 400 hit.. It's like he's level 99 when he starts....

Keep a save that you have after 1 (or maybe 2) Clear Games so it's not quite so ludicrously broken?

Keep a save that you have after 1 (or maybe 2) Clear Games so it's not quite so ludicrously broken?

If you're a SRW vet, you'll probably need to play with the following conditions for a challenge: no upgrade/PP spent, no allied units destroyed, no quickload spam, low turn counts, all skill points.

Some of the medal rewards look pretty absurd too. There are probably some allied pilots/units that are so OP even without upgrades that you'll have to shelve them too.

Boss Doggie

My Chirico build for SRWZ2-2 will be: Abnormal Survivor + that bonus that boosts his critical damage + Prevail + B Save + Ignore Size + Predict + attack after killing enemy + Move +2 when will is 130.

If you're a SRW vet, you'll probably need to play with the following conditions for a challenge: no upgrade/PP spent, no allied units destroyed, no quickload spam, low turn counts, all skill points.

Some of the medal rewards look pretty absurd too. There are probably some allied pilots/units that are so OP even without upgrades that you'll have to shelve them too.
What are the medal rewards like? Is there a list somewhere? I've hoping for an SRW game with hardcore trophies/achievements for some time now (since culdcept 2 actually) and think this is a nice touch.

My Chirico build for SRWZ2-2 will be: Abnormal Survivor + that bonus that boosts his critical damage + Prevail + B Save + Ignore Size + Predict + attack after killing enemy + Move +2 when will is 130.
I had forgotten about B Save, worked amazingly well with Chirico.

Shouta

Holy crap, slight spoilery for God mars,
in demo movie 2, you see Takeru fighting a Gestalt and as I recall, the Gestalts are the primary villain of God Mars' second half. It's been awhile since I've seen the series though so correct me if I'm wrong but I guess that means they're doing the entirety of the series?

Jubern

You might also want to use a slot or two for SP Regen and SP Get!

Boss Doggie

To be honest I never had problems with SP for Chirico :D

Oh my...!!
Esther becomes a Dimension Beast

Holy crap, slight spoilery for God mars,
in demo movie 2, you see Takeru fighting a Gestalt and as I recall, the Gestalts are the primary villain of God Mars' second half. It's been awhile since I've seen the series though so correct me if I'm wrong but I guess that means they're doing the entirety of the series?

Does this mean
Marg playable?!

Jubern

I guess this goes without saying, but anyone who doesn't want to get spoiled on the OG scenario will want to bail the fuck out of /m/ about right now.

Beth Cyra

That is some weak shit.

Granted the only OG I care about is Rand, but still to do that to people is messed up.

I just want this on PSN so I can get it on my Vita and then bail away from even this thread for a while.

Boss Doggie

Man, the thread in /m/ moves rather fast.

I don't mind the spoilers, but man, that was rather fast.

Shouta

So like 2 the credits you get from Data Linking from Hakai-hen is barely enough to max 1 unit for the most part. If you got the full bonus, it's 2 units from head to toe. I guess they really calculated it well and that's probably why Skill points give a bit of cash now too.

Mandoric

Banned
So like 2 the credits you get from Data Linking from Hakai-hen is barely enough to max 1 unit for the most part. If you got the full bonus, it's 2 units from head to toe. I guess they really calculated it well and that's probably why Skill points give a bit of cash now too.

On the other hand, I think
the kills bonus might really help--can you imagine how much of a monster Setsuna is gonna be now that the 1.3x damage he does on enemies with a solar reactor counts for pretty much every non-wing MS?

Shouta

Not sure if data link worked or not. Am I suppose to start off with 500k if I completed Z2-1 once?

Yeah, 500k or 600kish. One of the two. It's not a lot but it helps starting out. You can download a 10 lap save for Hakai-hen and then use that to update your system file. Then you can Data Link and that'll give you the max benefits.

Shouta

The interactions in Saisei-hen are so good. It's all this pent-up stuff across a few games makes for some really fun things and call backs to the series is great.

On the gameplay side, it seems the game is like really powered up from the get go and maxed units are as crazy strong as they would be in Hakai. At least, a maxed version of the first original isn't as overpowering as I thought it would be. The Skill Points in this are a little more interesting than previous games, at least compared to the other two Z games.

The interactions in Saisei-hen are so good. It's all this pent-up stuff across a few games makes for some really fun things and call backs to the series is great.

On the gameplay side, it seems the game is like really powered up from the get go and maxed units are as crazy strong as they would be in Hakai. At least, a maxed version of the first original isn't as overpowering as I thought it would be. The Skill Points in this are a little more interesting than previous games, at least compared to the other two Z games.

Right. Z2-1 was mostly 'beat the map quickly' again and again. Not really anything inventive.

I hear one of the early SR points is something like
All characters on the stage must get X kills within Y turns

Shouta

Right. Z2-1 was mostly 'beat the map quickly' again and again. Not really anything inventive.

I hear one of the early SR points is something like
All characters on the stage must get X kills within Y turns

Yep, there is that.

The other two interesting ones that I've seen so far is
"Finish the map with X unit with Full HP" and "Clear the map without letting an X unit defeat an enemies or allies"

TimeKillr

Woot, AmiAmi should ship my copy today.. Sooo hyped!

Just watching the trailer over and over again gets my blood boiling :)

Just as a FYI, the game was 6060yen, and the shipping was 1200yen (EMS) so the total is 7260yen, which turns out to be 87$CAD.

Play-Asia, before shipping, is 83$CAD.

Yeaaaah... No more Play-Asia for me, ever. :)

Jubern

It will as soon as the weekly update goes live. It's already thursday in Japan but I don't know at what time they usually do it.

Top Bottom