• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Beta Announced

HiVision

ok this bus stop is glitched. it never came back and now the island biome is gone and i'm stuck here without enough dollars to buy booster

Sounds like a bug, thanks! Walk into the void and die, then restart in the town, you'll lose a little recognition from the state but it's not too hard on you.

DarkLS1

is it normal for a town not to have a tool kiosk present?
The first town i joined had a tool kiosk but the other two did not. Not sure how to get more pickaxes's without one.

It's a sandbox so sometimes this happens - you can disassemble the building if you are a resident of the town... or you can blow it up.

yea but i can't afford the disasemble or else i would knock it down it was the sole reason the bus never made it back trapping all the supplies in the island loading area. so i'm just switching towns as that one will pretty much die

the downside is that pretty much these people never played it to know how to problem solve. luckily when i was stuck on the island there was another player so i just did random things near em for dollars for booster to run to town over the void to notice the bus stuck on a structure then not be able to do anything. still great thing.

Also new island are on fleek

I got the invite email, but have the same "Your permissions do not allow you access to this section" message when I click the link. Boooooo!

Edit: Didn't realise they were in three hour chunks... Well fuck it, I wouldn't be able to play it anyway.

the black screen on town load bug is back when it fails to connect and just sits there showing nothing on the screen. Only happened the once so far no where near as many times as the alpha

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is the gun turret supposed to fire stuff? I even upgraded my military skill point, and bought a weapons license off a dodgy up it doesn't do anything.

Also the rescue centre only has three slots and we have two more dolls we can't put on it. How do you expand it? Just lost the ministry of labour due to a lack of wood but I'm not mining that bloody head because the mosquitos just kill me.

Played it for 30 min, hope I can join the second test tomorrow to try everything out.

I_have_no_idea_what_9buz.jpg

ps3ud0

Any off-game guide wtf we should be doing? :p

Loving my internal monologues explaining to myself that all is good while I travel back home and then notice Godzilla attacking us...

ps3ud0 8)

BeeDog

Artistically and graphically, this game is off the chains, extremely pleasing though the unstable framerate brings it down a notch or two.

I believe someone dug out a link to the manual, does anyone have it? Right now, I feel like JetSetRadio's picture above.

So I guess there's no benefit to auto loading materials at the bus stop? I loaded 3 coal, then grabbed 3 more and rode the bus back for myself. The first 3 coal were gone but I only got credit for the 3 I deposited in person.

Artistically and graphically, this game is off the chains, extremely pleasing though the unstable framerate brings it down a notch or two.

I believe someone dug out a link to the manual, does anyone have it? Right now, I feel like JetSetRadio's picture above.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2016/the-tomorrow-children-beta-manual/

Enjoy!

So I guess there's no benefit to auto loading materials at the bus stop? I loaded 3 coal, then grabbed 3 more and rode the bus back for myself. The first 3 coal were gone but I only got credit for the 3 I deposited in person.

It's more of a time saver for when you still have things to do on the islands, and a way to make sure resources get back to town. For the greater good!

HiVision

Is the gun turret supposed to fire stuff? I even upgraded my military skill point, and bought a weapons license off a dodgy up it doesn't do anything.

Also the rescue centre only has three slots and we have two more dolls we can't put on it. How do you expand it? Just lost the ministry of labour due to a lack of wood but I'm not mining that bloody head because the mosquitos just kill me.

you need to craft bullets on the crafting desk - it supplies all the turrets in town.

You need to build domiciles/houses for the resurrected humans to live in.

i'd recommend that every town should have at least two crafting tables

cause the guy at the crafting table takes too damn long

I'm not even sure this comrade is making anything lol

Ardenyal

I got the invite email, but have the same "Your permissions do not allow you access to this section" message when I click the link. Boooooo!

Edit: Didn't realise they were in three hour chunks... Well fuck it, I wouldn't be able to play it anyway.

You need to log out and log back in again to get the code.

man, this town was doing so well... then someone put their house right in front of the bus stop, and everyone left. I'm not a resident, so I can't do anything about it.

HiVision

You have an unstable frame rate? That doesn't sound right, we've made sure it's pretty solid and I haven't seen any frame dropping during this test play personally.

Qvoth

kinda stuck now at defeat the 3 retashi (flying monsters?)
the town is not leveling up so can't build necessary buildings to defend :<

BeeDog

You have an unstable frame rate? That doesn't sound right, we've made sure it's pretty solid and I haven't seen any frame dropping during this test play personally.

It's not a big issue, it's something I usually notice but don't go crazy over. There is a small bit of judder running around in town when you have some players running around and a monster approaching, but the most noticeable frame drops were during the tutorial, when the first construct/cave gets phased in in the distance, with all the particles/"voxels" (a la Resogun). There it did tank a bit. I did pan the camera around quite a bit near the tutorial monitor while viewing the phasing, which made the judder/drops more noticeable.

Could just be on my end though, which would just make me more worried :)

Qvoth

oh server is finally down
i only managed to do the easiest puzzle, the red and blue diamonds
the 1-9 numbers i really don't know what to do :<

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can't build town hall because need more population. Can't increase population because need more houses. Can't build more houses because I need a town hall.

nicolajNN

Well, I got a mail that I was selected for the beta, but no code on the beta page :( Why are you doing this to me cruel world?

whoaduh

Got to jump on for a little bit this morning playing with my 3 year old son.

His review: Walking into the "water" is a lot of fun and watching the bad guys go by seemingly can never get old. 10/10

Looking forward to saturday when I can really get into the game!

Machina

Banned
Awesome game, Q-Games. Very addicting and I love the concept of working in silent conjunction with other people to build a big city. Made a believer out of me.

Just convince Sony to leave the servers going for a few days!

anddo0

I just got booted.

Fun game, a little confusing at times (can't solve those workbench puzzles)

This game has the potential to be a huge time sink.

Qvoth

yeah, i had fun even though i was mostly in town trying to do quests
took too long for me to realize you're supposed to take the bus to get near the resource islands <_<

Machina

Banned
The visuals are absolutely gorgeous. One of those spiders walked right by me and I was floored by how good its metallic look was.

Top Bottom