• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Beta Announced

Drencrom

I think that's just because this was a three hour concentrated session and people were just trying out stuff... in our internal tests that kind of behaviour settles down pretty quickly.

You can also keep some resources in your pocket and they are counted along with the town resources when you use the crafting desk.... so say the town has 2 gold and you want to build something that uses 3 gold, just keep one gold in your pocket, it will be used up along with the town's gold.

You mean people on the dev team and your QA testers?

Don't think too much of people, there will be some sad sods who will pick up this game just for the potential to grief as much as possible in a game all about cooperation.

You can send unruly proletarians to Gulag-- I mean prison, right?

Venom Fox

Banned
Reposting that I have a spare EU/UK code for anyone who wants it.

I was gifted a code from a lovely person on here last night so my code is up for grabs!

Pm me and it's yours!

Ferr986

Reposting that I have a spare EU/UK code for anyone who wants it.

I was gifted a code from a lovely person on here last night so my code is up for grabs!

Pm me and it's yours!

pm'ed!

edit: sorry, but just checked the hours and I don't think I will be able to play it much, so it's better that someone else get it :(

You mean people on the dev team and your QA testers?

Don't think too much of people, there will be some sad sods who will pick up this game just for the potential to grief as much as possible in a game all about cooperation.

You can send unruly proletarians to Gulag-- I mean prison, right?

That's my main concern about the game: people who don't understand or don't care ruining it for the rest of the town.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
For the next slot in 3 hours time, we should try and pick a town and see what we can do. The town I was in was constantly struggling for resources and couldn't expand - people were building signs just because they could and using the resources up, and then we'd get trashed by monsters and wouldn't be able to repair anything. I still did OK and enjoyed myself though.

I do wish you didn't have to craft blooming bullets though. The resources required to build the turret should include ammo.

Macrotus

Don't think too much of people, there will be some sad sods who will pick up this game just for the potential to grief as much as possible in a game all about cooperation

Completely agree.

My friend was lucky to be able to participate in the alpha and during the alpha,
he said he didn't see the kind of things he saw today during the beta, probably because only a limited amount of people were able to get in.
He said he only saw like 10 people at most, where today it capped the room (please see my previous post of what I mean by "things".)

So this started to pop up because lots of people participated and the more people there are, the more chance there are people who just think for themselves and not work as a team.
Sure you can move to a new town, but when you build a town from ground up with your friends, then some guy comes along and uses up your resources and builds stuff the town doesn't need, you can't simply move on.

I've also seen many people just wait for the bus to arrive with resources to just pick them up, walk a few steps and place them in their right spots to earn points.
There are many people who just choose the most convenient way it is for them.
But at least they weren't building useless objects and using up resources.

This isn't unique to TTC though. I see this a lot in multiplayer games.
Especially in MMOs like WoW. For example, someone AFKing in dungeons setting their character to follow someone and only pressing a few buttons during boss fights.
LFR is another example. AFKers, ninja pulls of bosses and trash packs, that type of stuff.

Sorry about the long post, but this is the only and my biggest concern.

Is there a way to match with a friend now? Looking for an extra code for said friend if anyone has an extra. PM me.

Alpha was fantastic, I can't wait to jump back into this. GOTY material for me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I've also seen many people just wait for the bus to arrive with resources to just pick them up, walk a few steps and place them in their right spots to earn points.
There are many people who just choose the most convenient way it is for them.
But at least they weren't building useless objects and using up resources.

I've don that before - I just figured it was helping out, getting resources to the stores Asap. The auto in,lad stuff would mean it was too much for a person to carry so they could be offloading their own pack ful of stuff too, or headin back to mine more.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That's my main concern about the game: people who don't understand or don't care ruining it for the rest of the town.

I think Dylan addressed this on some live stream. He said if you don't like the people in that town just move to another town.

ps3ud0

They really should add a papers please mini-game for immigration :p. Where your passport is your in-game history and its up to the town mayor to decide who can stay depending on how desperate your town is...

ps3ud0 8)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think Dylan addressed this on some live stream. He said if you don't like the people in that town just move to another town.

Not really a good solution if there are a bunch of you working well together and one or two people mess things up - you should be able to vote them out

I do like how you can hop around between towns, but it seems sucky to be forced to do that, perhaps after devoting a lot of time to a certain town, if someone comes in and starts crafting a bunch of junk or keeps building too close to the bus stop or whatever. However, the fact that I didn't get the chance to build a house in any of the towns I visited might be making me more concerned than I should be.

They really should add a papers please mini-game for immigration :p. Where your passport is your in-game history and its up to the town mayor to decide who can stay depending on how desperate your town is...

ps3ud0 8)

I like this idea. It'd be nice if there were both open and application/invite-only towns.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Not really a good solution if there are a bunch of you working well together and one or two people mess things up - you should be able to vote them out

Yeah but you can also set traps and cage people.

Venom Fox

Banned
Finally got the code from a generous GAFer. Thanks again.

Is the schedule for the EU Beta same as the NA one? as on the front page?

Yes. Next one in 2.5 hours

are you sure? i thought the next window was not until tomorrow? would be awesome if you´re right though (missed today´s earlier window due to work).

26.5 I believe

Here's the times and dates for the UK.

The first 3-hour block starts at 11am GMT Thursday morning (the JP block), the second starts at 7pm GMT Saturday (EU block), last 12 am Sunday GMT (US block)

Countdown added as well.

t1453374000z4.png

t1453489200z4.png

t1453593600z4.png

Alright time to post my impressions.

I had only one issue and that was when I was using the subway and my screen just went black and stayed there. I was able to restart the game and spawn right back into the subway.

The actual game though is amazing. I played with my friend in this town with one other guy and we got a lot done with just the three of us. I did almost die by getting ran over by the bus. That was fun lol.

The only rough thing was trying to protect the town from monsters with just three people. It was not easy.

Also the only major complaint is that I wish I could always see my friend. However, with this kind of game, it doesn't matter all that much.

Pachimari

Missed out on the first day it seems. At least I got it downloaded now. Super excited for tomorrow night then, if it indeed starts at 20:00 Friday.

Ferr986

Didn't see your edit, let me know if you don't want the code and I'll give it to someone else.

Yep, sadly I got to pass, I'll be out tomorrow for the EU beta test and the US one will also be too late :( Sorry about that. really wanted to play but wouldnt be fair to get a code for 30 mins-1hour max of playtime.

rafaelr

i have gotten the beta email without permissions as well. someone on the sony forums just fixed my access and there was an EU beta code waiting, which i don´t need now (as i already got in thx to Massive Duck).

quote to reveal.

Venom Fox

Banned
Thanks for the confirmation. Just want to make sure so that I don't miss it.
It's ok. Wanted to make sure everyone knows the times incase they miss it.

Yep, sadly I got to pass, I'll be out tomorrow for the EU beta test and the US one will also be too late :( Sorry about that. really wanted to play but wouldnt be fair to get a code for 30 mins-1hour max of playtime.
It's ok, hope you get the full game. Add me if you do and we'll start a GAF town. :)

Con_Smith

Banned
I'm glad I finally got an e-mail and everything but those scheduled times are not friendly for those of us who have to work. Hopefully they open it up all Sunday as I'll only have Saturday to play and even then I'm not even sure if I'll be available due to commitments.

Pandacon

Realized I got a code this morning. I won't be able to try it out till saturday, but I look forward to playing it.

Is there any issue with streaming this game? I didn't see anything about it, though I guess they could block the streaming if they wanted to since I stream from my ps4.

Top Bottom