• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UFC 129 Thread of 55,000 people chanting "GSP! GSP!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sien916 said:
Ah didn't see that...yeah, the writing is definitely on the wall.
more like he "wouldn't be surprised" or something along those lines. seems like he'd maybe heard rumblings

polyh3dron said:
Flying Triangle chokes, spinning back fist KOs, elbow KOs.. Holy FUCK

One of my friends just told me he wasn't going to watch the fights because MMA is boring.

He's watching football instead.

WHY ARE PEOPLE LIKE THIS???

ShaneB

Mister Wilhelm said:
One of my friends just told me he wasn't going to watch the fights because MMA is boring.

He's watching football instead.

WHY ARE PEOPLE LIKE THIS???

Because he hasn't seen good fights. I use to be the same way, just thought it was a lot of lay and pray and boring "cuddling"

ShaneB

AwesomeSauce said:
I feel at the rate the prelims are going, the main card might either disappoint or explode of awesomeness.

I've always been WAY more excited for the fights on the undercard. The main card has some awesome fights, but I knew the undercard was incredible, and it's proving to be so.

ShaneB said:
Because he hasn't seen good fights. I use to be the same way, just thought it was a lot of lay and pray and boring "cuddling"

Personally, I just don't know why they have Vlad vs Brilz on the main card of Diaz and Rory.

polyh3dron said:
Those people who are only coming for the last few fights are fucking idiots.
Indeed. I also think that about the people who are sitting in the front two rows and seem to never look up from their texting or whatever it is they're doing with their phone.

ShaneB

Mister Wilhelm said:
Personally, I just don't know why they have Vlad vs Brilz on the main card of Diaz and Rory.

It's baffling. I prefer to not wonder why, it makes my head hurt. I have no idea how Dana will sell that fight when he does his pre ppv talk with Rogan.

ShaneB said:
It's baffling. I prefer to not wonder why, it makes my head hurt. I have no idea how Dana will sell that fight when he does his pre ppv talk with Rogan.

You got two guys who are...umm...pretty ok at wrestling...and they...um...don't usually get their shit pushed in standing that much...and...yeah...they win some pretty good decisions...

dream

ShaneB said:

It's a swing bout, so it's just a time filler if all the fights are short. If all the fights go long, it will go on after the main event (and hopefully they'll be off the air by then).

lol@"if you want a picture with Arianny, you gotta include horseface too!"

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
ShaneB said:

I think it's smart since they want a lot of people to tune into Spike as of whats to come for the PPV/advertising $$$ and when you treat the guys watching the free card then maybe they'll be more inclined to order the PPV.

dream said:
It's a swing bout, so it's just a time filler if all the fights are short. If all the fights go long, it will go on after the main event (and hopefully they'll be off the air by then).

I really, really doubt it will go on after the main event. They haven't done that since Florian vs Robinson at UFC 73 if I'm not mistaken.

AwesomeSauce said:
I think it's smart since they want a lot of people to tune into Spike as of whats to come for the PPV/advertising $$$ and when you treat the guys watching the free card then maybe they'll be more inclined to order the PPV.

Yeah, but any of the undercard fights would've been more exciting choices.

dream

Mister Wilhelm said:
I really, really doubt it will go on after the main event. They haven't done that since Florian vs Robinson at UFC 73 if I'm not mistaken.

They did it after Brock/Mir 2 at 100. I remember cause I was there and just left when I saw Fitch walk out.

ShaneB

EricHasNoPull said:
I'm heading over to the Rogers Center now, see you after the fight bitches!

.... You should've been there an hour and 20 minutes ago!

Edit: If the Brilz/Vlad fight is indeed a swing bout, that's not too bad, but still, it's a weird choice of a fight to put on such a high profile event, throw that on a fight night card or something.

Mister Wilhelm said:

Fitch vs Thiago says hi

MjFrancis

Undercard has been solid so far. I think Hendo might get it by decision, though. Nothing solid behind it, just a hunch.

dream

The production of this has been really dope so far. Nice graphics and everything. Can't wait till they ruin it with the gladiator shit.

More ppv's will be sold by people getting excited after seeing Diaz/McDonald than Brilz/Matyushenko. They can pull off Brilz/Matyushenko since they already have your money and have 4 serious business bouts to sandwich it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom