• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UFC 129 Thread of 55,000 people chanting "GSP! GSP!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
alr1ghtstart said:
Anderson is 36. If it's going to happen, it needs to happen relatively soon.

Agreed. That's why I think that after the Okami fight we could see something happen. They're both in their prime and they'll both be champs. There's no better time to do it. I think that we'll eventually see Anderson vs. GSP or Anderson vs. Bones. Dana has wanted a superfight for a long time and Brock vs. Fedor no longer has the appeal that it once did.

ShaneB said:
Really??

oFyUj.gif

edit: Seriously though, I find Heavyweights so god damn boring, but people love seeing those big lugs knock each other out I guess.
Because every single Heavyweight fight is like that. Go watch Overeem or some of Fedors earlier fights, hell even JDS and Velasquez.

SolidSnakex said:
Agreed. That's why I think that after the Okami fight we could see something happen. They're both in their prime and they'll both be champs. There's no better time to do it. I think that we'll eventually see Anderson vs. GSP or Anderson vs. Bones. Dana has wanted a superfight for a long time and Brock vs. Fedor no longer has the appeal that it once did.
GSP does not want to fight Anderson, plain and simple. It just will not happen. Anderson has already gone on record saying he will not fight Bones because they are "friends" and how the fuck is that a super fight? Let Jones actually get a few defenses first.

ShaneB

pseudocaesar said:
Because every single Heavyweight fight is like that. Go watch Overeem or some of Fedors earlier fights, hell even JDS and Velasquez.

Oh I know, there are plenty of great Heavyweight fights and I love JDS and Cain as much as the next guy. I just feel they're few and far between, especially with how long these guys seem to have down time. Whereas you could have watched a WEC card and every fight is stellar because of the faster pace light weight classes.

But different strokes for different folks, it's all good.

Unless someone finds a way to put some pressure on him, I don't think we'll ever see GSP finish at 170lbs. It sucks what happened to his eye, he clearly looked and sounded freaked out when walking back to his corner at the end of the 3rd.

He didn't look at his best afterward, but I don't see how 2 judges managed to give Shields 2 rounds in that fight. That's almost a win for Shield!!!

Go to UFC.tv and watch UFC central, basically the post game show kind of thing. Rashad being disappointed by GSP's performance = pot meet kettle

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Not to mention that gif is from a shitty season of TUF, neither of those dudes were in shape...not because they are heavy weights but because they were heavy weights on TUF. haha

dream

Kenny talking about how he loved fighting in Philly

and how he hopes Rashad has a different result than he did

who did Kenny fight in Philly, Capt?

BamYouHaveAids said:
GSP does not want to fight Anderson, plain and simple. It just will not happen. Anderson has already gone on record saying he will not fight Bones because they are "friends" and how the fuck is that a super fight? Let Jones actually get a few defenses first.

Bones also said that he'd never fight Rashad. Look how that turned out. And it would be a superfight because Bones is a big name right now. Even Dana considers it a superfight

Dana: "About 75 people" have already suggested an Anderson-Bones super-fight... "Anderson is clear that he doesn't want to fight at 205, but maybe now that Jones is champ, we'll see."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/3/2...-fertitta-wants-a-jon-jones-vs-anderson-silva

If anybody is curious to know more about UFC.TV, I tried it out tonight.

I watched the whole show (including prelims) on it and had a very good experience. Flawless feed in high-definition, but had to switch from Firefox to IExplorer because Firefox would break every now and then. Now they're playing UFC Central, with post fight interviews and recaps. Really good stuff! It's solid and clearly will replace PPV on cable in the future.

dream said:
Kenny talking about how he loved fighting in Philly

and how he hopes Rashad has a different result than he did

who did Kenny fight in Philly, Capt?

Who did BJ fight in the fifth round in January 2009? No one.

dream

NinjaCodah said:

I watched the whole show (including prelims) on it and had a very good experience. Flawless feed in high-definition, but had to switch from Firefox to IExplorer because Firefox would break every now and then. Now they're playing UFC Central, with post fight interviews and recaps. Really good stuff! It's solid and clearly will replace PPV on cable in the future.

That's how you beat illegal streams - you give customers exclusive content and make them feel good about paying for it.

War BJ, poly

edit: Chad Mendes vs Aldo?

NinjaCodah said:

Ehh the framerate is 30FPS for online streaming whereas the cable/DirecTV PPV is 60FPS.

Heel

Checking in...

Had the first title fight 48-46 Aldo (Hominick got the last round 10-8, IMO). 50-43 is complete insanity...how did Aldo win round 5? Please be some kind of error.

Mendes is the man to beat Aldo. Please make this fight.

GSP haters are hilarious. He made a champion who hasn't lost in 6 years look simple. It's not exciting but it's very impressive. As far as the judging goes, I guess if you make GSP look mortal judges will award you rounds. The most competitive round was the 5th...maybe 49-46? 50-45 is a fair judgement call....48-47 is questionable.

Carton

NinjaCodah said:

Today was the first time for me also. I was really impressed by it; it was flawless throughout the entire broadcast on the highest setting (3000kbps). Chrome handled it like a champ.

polyh3dron said:
Ehh the framerate is 30FPS for online streaming whereas the cable/DirecTV PPV is 60FPS.
It looked exactly like the HD feed I usually watch on cable TV. In fact, I saw less compression artifacts on the stream than on a cable box.

NinjaCodah said:
It looked exactly like the HD feed I usually watch on cable TV. In fact, I saw less compression artifacts on the stream than on a cable box.
Again 60FPS>30FPS.

I'm watching UFC.tv right now and it's 30FPS

I'm usually proponent of 60fps, but honestly I didn't notice a difference in the live feed. It felt just like the real thing. Keep in mind that watching a live event doesn't use the same player as the one being used for UFC central at the moment.

dream

Aldo/Hominick FOTN? That doesn't seem right to me.

wow, it's a press conference with only Bendo, Shields, and I think Vladdy...

Pollux

Out of curiosity anyone trained at TapOut Boston?...I asked this on the MMA thread but it seems that this one is more active....sorry for the repeated question lol

What an event

On way home

Ufc tweeted that the 50-43 score was an error and it was 48-45 or 4/ or something

Who next for GSP if he stays at WW?

BigJonsson said:
What an event

On way home

Ufc tweeted that the 50-43 score was an error and it was 48-45 or 4/ or something

Who next for GSP if he stays at WW?
Penn in a 3rd fight.. I think this conservative version of GSP may have some trouble with him honestly.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah I don't like Bones-Silva at all either, but I guess it's a non-issue. Not so much that Bones couldn't handle it, but just because give him the chance to fight and be a champion for several fights before throwing him into gimmick fights. Evans/Phil Davis and Machida are viable guys for him; LHW is hardly boring unlike WW.

Blackface

Banned
dream said:
Canadian media just shouldn't be credentialed for these things.

Should only be the American media, so we can get exciting questions like "what type of supplements do you use" and "How did it feel to get hit"

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I dont think Machida should have got the bonus, it was cool and all but the backfist was all kinds of awesome.

WEC fighters have proved their worth though, all had pretty awesome fights.

Sucks we gotta wait for Strike Force merger, HW division would be mental. WW would be alright as well, Diaz GSP fight would be the next obvious match up.

Heel

polyh3dron said:
Penn in a 3rd fight.

Please no...GSP vs. Diaz is the only fight I'd care to see.

Who would you guys like to see Shields fight? I guess Fitch or Koscheck could be interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom