• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Zombie game footage from last night looked more like a pr company mockup then an actual game. They probably told them about stuff from Zombiu though.

Redford

aka Cabbie
If we don't see a whole bunch of (good) shit from third-parties tomorrow I will officially be on the conspiracy bus with you, HylianTom.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
IdeaMan posted that the most recent dev kits came with a controller similar to the Classic Controller Pro, that could plug into the system into the same devkit ports as the Gamepad controllers; this was most likely the new Pro Controller.

yeah, basically there was a port for a "classic controller" (by classic, they mean legacy, a traditional one, without a screen) from V1 dev kits to the latests, and devs made their games on the very firsts kits with those controllers (i think it was a Wii controller, while waiting for the Wii U pro). What hinted at the existence of such a controller is that the port remained until the newests dev kits.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Rösti;38516983 said:
Well, there wasn't much to see except for pre-rendered (I assume it was pre-rendered) footage. That thing at the end with some crowd scene looked nice but was too brief to actually demonstrate anything. Maybe we will see more tomorrow. Show floor is bound to have some kind of demonstration.

Yeah the game is heavily centered on gamedesign, on gameplay implementations, ideas, we'll have to wait for hands-on during the showfloor.

This interesting interview of Ubi give more hindsight about what we could expect from ZombiU and their other games

Edit: already posted i see but it can't hurt to link it again, i'm catching-up :p

Instro

The footage shown was clearly PC, as well as the pics released. God knows how far the game is off, but not announcing WiiU as well is really fucked up by Ubi. Maybe it'll be at the Nintendo show or something.

Roo

That Watch Dogs game looks friggin awesome. Too bad it doesn't seem like there's a Wii U version.
It fucking does!!
And on the Wii U version... like a guy on the Watch Dogs thread said, let's wait to see if Ubisoft updates their page again after Nintendo's conferece.
After that, if there is no confirmation for it, then yeah, that's bad, sad and tbh.. dissapointing

What reason could there possibly be for that though? :(

NDA's???

Snakeyes

In development for two years means it pre-dates Wii U devkits by a lot.

Doesn't matter. Wasn't ease of porting one of Nintendo's priorities when designing the hardware?

I'm really pissed of at Nintendo for not moneyhatting Ubisoft for a Wii U version of this game. Think about all the possibilities that the tablet could bring to the table with citizen profiles, hacking, controlling the MC's smartphone, etc...

Linkhero1

It fucking does!!
And on the Wii U like a guys said on the Watch Dogs said, let's wait to see if Ubisoft updates their page again after Nintendo's conferece.
After that, if there is no confirmation for it, then yeah, that's bad, sad and tbh.. dissapointing

NDA's???

I doubt it. Like ShockingAlberto said, it's been in development long before they got their Wii U devkits. Even if they considered a Wii U version of the game, I doubt they've actually done anything as of yet. If they weren't under NDA anymore, they probably would have announced a Wii U version too.

thefro

Yeah, let's hope Ubisoft is NDAed for everything outside the launch window, otherwise we may see a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Anth0ny

96Sgs.gif

Roo

I doubt it. Like ShockingAlberto said, it's been in development long before they got their Wii U devkits. Even if they considered a Wii U version of the game, I doubt they've actually done anything as of yet. If they weren't under NDA anymore, they probably would have announced a Wii U version too.

Maybe... I'm not expecting a port of the game at all.
It looks fucking gorgeous so I'm probably getting it for PC

I SAW WHAT YOU DID THERE

scared? :p

Vinci

Danish
Pretty sure they specifically mentioned after the trailer played, that ZombiU is the evolution of Killer Freaks. I don't think you will be seeing Killer Freaks anymore. It turned into ZombiU, at least that is what I got from the conference.

What the fuck??

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I have a really bad feeling about the nintendo conference. A really bad feeling.

Oh I think it will be a very good press conference. 3rd party showing will be ok, I think. First party will blow us away.

But as for the future of the system (i.e, in 3 years)..I'm pretty skeptical right now.

The whole chat went on mute, had to bail out, but it got pretty funny.

"LOL Rayman Legends is exclusive to Wii-U, look at GAF, they so mad and in denial"

Anthony: Hey guys, Watch_Dogs is a bunch of systems but not Wii U, aint that crazy?

"....ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH" *muted*

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
AC is a multi-million selling series and not a new IP being asked to be ported to a system with no install base

Ok, fair enough. But I still think this portends bad things for the system in the future. Ubisoft is arguably the 3rd party most enthusiastic about Nintendo. If Wii U cannot get new IP's from them, they will be completely left behind when the shift to PS4/720 occurs.

Ha! I laughed loud at this, though I do think Sony should be given a fair shake. There are a few things they could do to raise the bar.
To me sony is always predictable for the most part, but mostly always deliver (save for 599 debacle, though that delivered in a different way). They get into these boring lulls with their pacing of their presentations, which turns people off, but they always got a variety of lots of great games to show.

10 mins to go. Unless they BLOW the doors off nintendo has a big chance tomorrow.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Assassin's Creed 3 listed for WiiU release in October.

ubirel.png

So... WiiU launch before Assassin's Creed launch?

WTF at that. Are we supposed to feel fairly treated by the absence of Far Cry/Splineter Cell/Watch Dogs because Rayman is now exclusive? That's weak.

Redford

aka Cabbie
It's because of no avatars that we're getting worried.

jtmW1.png

Don't forget all those many months of hype, friends! Everything will be fine.

Instro

Zombi U better be amazing or something, wasting resources on that when they could be using that studio to port FarCry or Splinter Cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom