• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theme Parks & Roller Coasters |OT| The Happiest Place on GAF

AMUSIX

From the images in that huffpo article:

Y5APBQx.jpg

also, this stood out to me:
TpjM1ie.jpg

Actors dressed as princesses Belle (L), Cinderella and Snow White pose with '30 Rock' actress and executive producer Tina Fey and 'ER' actor John Stamos inside Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom on March 23 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

First, do we need to be told that Belle is to the Left?
Second, do we need to be told that the princesses are not the ACTUAL princesses, but are, in fact, hired people in costume?
Third, why is Tina Fey an 'actress' and the three women(?) playing the princesses 'actors'?

I

Nah Grizzly is more like a mini everest or big thunder. The Snow White coaster is most similar to the Casey Jr. ride at Disneyland. Its a very small family coaster

Wow, didn't look like that in the first concepts, that's... really dissapointing if true :(

Disneyland in California Adventure.
Are there some concept arts of Monstropolis? I suppose it will go surrounding the Monsters Inc ride near the Muppet Theater no?

I agree with you completely, however, 1994. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is the crown jewel of Disney theming at WDW. Blizzard Beach and Animal Kingdom proved they still had it (despite Dinosaur's shortcomings) until 1998, but IOA was 1999 and WDW has not matched Universal's best ever since. It's a goddamn shame no WDW E-ticket has surpassed ToT in almost two decades.

Seems to be more of a budget problem of the high ups than the creativity of Imagineers. Walt wouldn't let have this slide, but the company is now doing less and wanting to win more (and not only with the parks), its pretty sad.

AMUSIX

Are there some concept arts of Monstropolis? I suppose it will go surrounding the Monsters Inc ride near the Muppet Theater no?

Seems to be more of a budget problem of the high ups than the creativity of Imagineers. Walt wouldn't let have this slide, but the company is now doing less and wanting to win more (and not only with the parks), its pretty sad.

Monstropolis is little more than a rumor at this point. I don't think they'll do too much beyond the bit of themeing they did for Monsters U. Yes, a door coaster was one of the early ideas out of imagineering for a Monsters Inc ride, and it's been floated a few times, but anything beyond that is fan wishful thinking. That said, they do want to replace the Muppet Theater with SOMETHING, and combining that space with the poorly used Stage 17, they could easily fit a decent sized attraction. Heck, they could even take Stage 12 and the surrounding area and be able to fit two sizeable attractions.
As it is now, the Monsters Inc ride, which was an overlay stop-gap to salvage the money put into a complete failure, will still have to putter along pretending to be something more than it is.

As for WDW's weak themeing and placemaking...yeah, that's purely a budget issue. The imagineers are more than capable of providing well themed lands and attractions (as has been proven in DCA) the question is just if Orlando is willing to put money into it. Considering they're not even willing to put money into the upkeep of E-ticket attractions, I think it's a big jump to make. Then again, the success of DCA's reworking might be the catalyst they need.

Monstropolis is little more than a rumor at this point. I don't think they'll do too much beyond the bit of themeing they did for Monsters U. Yes, a door coaster was one of the early ideas out of imagineering for a Monsters Inc ride, and it's been floated a few times, but anything beyond that is fan wishful thinking. That said, they do want to replace the Muppet Theater with SOMETHING, and combining that space with the poorly used Stage 17, they could easily fit a decent sized attraction. Heck, they could even take Stage 12 and the surrounding area and be able to fit two sizeable attractions.
As it is now, the Monsters Inc ride, which was an overlay stop-gap to salvage the money put into a complete failure, will still have to putter along pretending to be something more than it is.

NO! Ugh why? There's even a second muppet movie coming, wild would they do that (attendance and money, I know). If it was for me, I would remodel the movie inside to make it new, or create another kind of experience with the muppets and the building that is not a 3D movie, but destroying it... You can make so many good ideas with the muppets, it makes me sad they are not letting them do cool things with them.

As for WDW's weak theming and placemaking...yeah, that's purely a budget issue. The imagineers are more than capable of providing well themed lands and attractions (as has been proven in DCA) the question is just if Orlando is willing to put money into it. Considering they're not even willing to put money into the upkeep of E-ticket attractions, I think it's a big jump to make. Then again, the success of DCA's reworking might be the catalyst they need.

Lets hope for DCA working means they are going to try to be better now, even though with the marketing team disney has that can prove difficult, like the disaster they made fucking the theming of Buena Vista Street windows. Why they let the marketing team so many important decisions when they are horrible, it baffles me (money and all that I suppose).

Xun

Nah Grizzly is more like a mini everest or big thunder. The Snow White coaster is most similar to the Casey Jr. ride at Disneyland. Its a very small family coaster
There's nothing to suggest it'll be like Casey Jr, at least from what we've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZvF0WO0Dzms#t=45s

This isn't even the full ride being shown, and it already looks a lot more of a thrill ride than Casey Jr.

It did? Got proof?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matterhorn_Bobsleds#1970s

It was essentially like Space Mountain for a long time, and that changed in the 70's.

In the early 1970s, the ride was officially made a part of Fantasyland, but this was merely a prelude to far more significant changes. In 1978, the Matterhorn received a major refurbishment. The Imagineers' biggest task was to break up the hollow interior space into a number of small, icy caves and tunnels with far more convincing theming. Some holes in the mountain's skin were filled in as well, including the two large openings at the top of the first lift hill that had allowed guests to briefly glimpse the entire southern part of the park.

There's nothing to suggest it'll be like Casey Jr, at least from what we've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZvF0WO0Dzms#t=45s

This isn't even the full ride being shown, and it already looks a lot more of a thrill ride than Casey Jr.

It looks much better than "another Casey Jr", and also the rocking trains could be really fun. And the first part reminds me a lot of Splash Mountain, so that's good. The only bad thing is that the thrill part is really, really short.

AMUSIX

Lets hope for DCA working means they are going to try to be better now, even though with the marketing team disney has that can prove difficult, like the disaster they made fucking the theming of Buena Vista Street windows. Why they let the marketing team so many important decisions when they are horrible, it baffles me (money and all that I suppose).

I agree that the windows looked much better at launch, however it was clear that something had to be done. Buena Vista Street was always bustling, but stepping into Elias&Co, you'd never know that. The stores were always so empty. Now, this was most likely due to the portals not being as welcoming as those on Main Street, and that would be the fault of the architects, and of the style being copied.

So, yeah, the windows suck, but they really have to figure out some way to get the public into the stores.

Xun

It looks much better than "another Casey Jr", and also the rocking trains could be really fun. And the first part reminds me a lot of Splash Mountain, so that's good. The only bad thing is that the thrill part is really, really short.
Indeed.

It'll probably be a short ride, but I'm sure we haven't seen all the thrill aspects of the ride.

I agree that the windows looked much better at launch, however it was clear that something had to be done. Buena Vista Street was always bustling, but stepping into Elias&Co, you'd never know that. The stores were always so empty. Now, this was most likely due to the portals not being as welcoming as those on Main Street, and that would be the fault of the architects, and of the style being copied.

So, yeah, the windows suck, but they really have to figure out some way to get the public into the stores.

What I heard is that people went in the shops because they liked the retro things in the windows but the only things inside were fucking CARS t-shirts.
I dont think its the designers fault, if marketing, intead of fucking up the windows so people could see the shit they were selling inside (that repeats in the whole park instead of having each shop have their own things) could have, I dont know, think for a little bit and have some damn imagination trying to make with cheaper material the retro things of the windows so you could sell the same creative things on the inside and the outside, I think it could have worked best, and it would have been more benefitial in the future.
Marketing destroys any thing that has to do with imagination in any bussiness ever and Ive seen very few of them doing the right things to make normal people be familiar with new things. People say they want creative things, but then they only buy the same old and old becuase, "what if the new is shit" or "I don't understand what they are trying to sell me", so marketers force creative people to make the same boring thing we've seen a million times because they are they only things that sell bazillions in a short amount of time (something that marketing and high up love because they want to see a fast inversion, not something it could take time to be great), its a vicious cycle that is hard to stop and only people like Walt Disney knew how to do it (and not everytime it worked).
In summary, it takes time and is something this type of people dont want to invest.

Linkified

Indeed.

It'll probably be a short ride, but I'm sure we haven't seen all the thrill aspects of the ride.

It'll be about 1.50 minutes in length certainly more thrilling than the Great Goofini but can't be too thrilling with only two lifts and runouts though.

Linkified

Well that would easily be accomplished if all the stores on the street had unique merchandise that was only available on that street bar from the very minimal Red Car Trolley merch that I found there. But One Disney does what One Disney knows best ...

aparisi2274

So did anyone read up on the new water slide "possibly" going in over at Schlitterbahn Kansas City?

According to the latest rumors the new Verruckt slide being added to Schlitterbahn Kansas City may send sliders down a nearly 180 foot plunge in four-person rafts, seated 4-in-a-row, bobsled style. I guess it at least will give you someone to hang on to for dear life if true as I don’t think anyone has tried to build a slide this big before where you didn’t go down laying on your back. So a face-first view of the ground far below is going to be a quite frightening change of pace. I’m also hearing that this slide may hit an all time speed record of 78 mph.

2013_SchlitterbahnKC-Verruckt.jpg

So I only got a few pictures from Canada's Wonderland.
Up until 4:30 it was great, then it started to downpour. Which then turned into a 3 hour wait for a fucking bus, for a FUCKING bus, in the downpour, without an umbrella.

Anyway. The Leviathan is pretty bloody sweet.
306ft drop was pretty awesome, g-force all up in my face.
Oh and I love the look of the Seasons Pass

Anyone who lives in Ontario Canada and hasn't tried the Leviathan, do it, now.

Skunkers

It is, I wasn't suggesting otherwise. As you say, the issue is that TDO management in recent years is singularly interested in reducing costs and maximizing profits. That is good business, and not by itself a bad thing. Disney, and inherently WDW, has always been a business, but there was a time when that business also included a razor focus on creating the best guest experience possible. Unfortunately, TDO's cost cutting has led to a time now where everything from show quality and basic maintenance and cleaning to even dining options and guest service quality is slipping significantly. And most relevantly to my original point, that includes green lighting major new world-class attractions (something WDW was once known for being the absolute best in the world at). Nowadays Universal is eating their lunch in that regard, has been for some time, and the WDW management still isn't really doing anything about it; and what they are doing they keep penny pinching and shuffling their feet on. It's really interesting because despite all that, Universal is still the underdog. But if the rumors keep holding true, Uni aims to keep dropping new e-tickets, resorts, and possibly even a third gate over the next decade. If that happens and WDW stays on the same path it's on now, we could conceivably see what was once thought impossible: the also-ran coming up and biting off a huge portion of the mouse's marketshare. The worst part about it is that the more they penny pinch and delay now, the further they fall behind and the more money they are going to have to spend to get back on track later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matterhorn_Bobsleds#1970s

It was essentially like Space Mountain for a long time, and that changed in the 70's.

I think Wikipedia is refering to the interiors not being themed. This is the video from the opening and it's complete http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzwz5vxWW18 totally not the same as Radiator Springs racers and Everest where the whole back side isnt themed and its just a show building.

Also this site has more photos http://www.yesterland.com/oldmatterhorn.html

It's totally themed dude:
matterhorn_fromlagoon_then.jpg
Picture is from 1959

Chromax

The last one I went on was the Human ride of BSG at Universal Studios Singapore. I sort of regret not going on the Cylon one now.

Oh and yes Transformers was really something else.

So I only got a few pictures from Canada's Wonderland.
Up until 4:30 it was great, then it started to downpour. Which then turned into a 3 hour wait for a fucking bus, for a FUCKING bus, in the downpour, without an umbrella.

Anyway. The Leviathan is pretty bloody sweet.
306ft drop was pretty awesome, g-force all up in my face.

Oh and I love the look of the Seasons Pass

Anyone who lives in Ontario Canada and hasn't tried the Leviathan, do it, now.

I tried last year Shambhala in Port Aventura, that is the same type of coaster with a similar layout but with 249ft drop (still amazingly impressive and biggest in Europe) and it was one of the most fun coaster experiences i've ever had.

It is, I wasn't suggesting otherwise. As you say, the issue is that TDO management in recent years is singularly interested in reducing costs and maximizing profits. That is good business, and not by itself a bad thing. Disney, and inherently WDW, has always been a business, but there was a time when that business also included a razor focus on creating the best guest experience possible. Unfortunately, TDO's cost cutting has led to a time now where everything from show quality and basic maintenance and cleaning to even dining options and guest service quality is slipping significantly. And most relevantly to my original point, that includes green lighting major new world-class attractions (something WDW was once known for being the absolute best in the world at). Nowadays Universal is eating their lunch in that regard, has been for some time, and the WDW management still isn't really doing anything about it; and what they are doing they keep penny pinching and shuffling their feet on. It's really interesting because despite all that, Universal is still the underdog. But if the rumors keep holding true, Uni aims to keep dropping new e-tickets, resorts, and possibly even a third gate over the next decade. If that happens and WDW stays on the same path it's on now, we could conceivably see what was once thought impossible: the also-ran coming up and biting off a huge portion of the mouse's marketshare. The worst part about it is that the more they penny pinch and delay now, the further they fall behind and the more money they are going to have to spend to get back on track later.

Totally and absolutely on point with all you said.

Linkified

Well put. To add to this though three major points that get overlooked is:
  • Disney views its business is 'mature' in Florida meaning they really only want to build DVC/Hotels/Eateries.
  • Technically Comcast has more money they can invest in the Parks than Disney, Potter proved that to Comcast executive leadership. Amazing rides and unique merch/food/beverages keep park guests wanting more
  • WDI is over bloated and needs spring cleaning- 1)To make them more agile and to speed up the process of creation, but 2)Get budgets and get Disney more "bang for their buck" to be more like Universal Creative.

Also Uni has about 8 years worth of projects lined up to go after Disney with - for instance the Mr.Kong is coming back to Florida in a big way... oh year plus a new JP E-ticket, more Seus and a night time spectacular for IOA. And that is only up to 2015

Goldrusher

Karacho has finally opened.

The Smiler's littlebigbrother in Germany.
Shorter and less inversions, but it does have a launch, and is faster and taller. And lapbars only!

Landscaping and theming has to wait until next season though. The ride is finally finished, and it's already July, so time to open it. Scenery can wait.

Beautiful trains:

And a very original ride:

POV video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBeOrmSYu_c

lots more pics: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65808

Well put. To add to this though three major points that get overlooked is:
  • WDI is over bloated and needs spring cleaning- 1)To make them more agile and to speed up the process of creation, but 2)Get budgets and get Disney more "bang for their buck" to be more like Universal Creative.
    [/LIST

• Iger did the above when he took over. He made WDI a contract only wing with no full time positions.

#2 is an issue with the Suits battling the creative side. They only need to look at Disney's California Failure (DCA pre-renovcation) as to what cutting corners will do. I know many say "Oh, why can't we have DisneySea, etc." but it's a bigger issue. The parks across the pacific get more elaborate attractions due to funding from The Oriental Land Company financing those attractions.

I still fail to see what's mind blowing about The Forbidden Journey. The screens detract from the "immersion" that attraction tries to pull off. Give me Haunted Mansion or Pirates over Harry's great screen adventure any day.

Linkified

Iger did the above when he took over. He made WDI a contract only wing with no full time positions.

#2 is an issue with the Suits battling the creative side. They only need to look at Disney's California Failure (DCA pre-renovcation) as to what cutting corners will do. I know many say "Oh, why can't we have DisneySea, etc." but it's a bigger issue. The parks across the pacific get more elaborate attractions due to funding from The Oriental Land Company financing those attractions.

I still fail to see what's mind blowing about The Forbidden Journey. The screens detract from the "immersion" that attraction tries to pull off. Give me Haunted Mansion or Pirates over Harry's great screen adventure any day.

Nope Iger has not done that at all. But TWDC instead hired more finance/lawyers for WDI so increasing the cost to build, and currently there are a lot of positions down in WDI that are full time. The only contract positions are the Legends or "Celebrity Imagineers", that made some of the most beloved attractions across the globe, that they muscled out in the early late 90s and again mid 2000s.

Cutting corners was the name of the game in New Fantasyland still cost over $400m for nothing of substance. Here is the thing - no one at TDO and most of the suits higher up believe in a quality sells. They would rather have Next Gen and meet and greets up he wazoo than build a new ride.

Forbidden Journey is the use of brand new ride system in a park atmosphere which evolves the current dark rides again like what Spiderman did. The screens are needed to give you a sense of flying. But again I will never understand this negative of screens in attraction, especially when they enhance said attraction.

Gaaraz

Damn, this thread is making me jealous! We came over to Florida last year and the parks were just incredible, even for my girlfriend who isn't that big into rides there were loads of things to see and do in the parks.

In the UK, we have a few parks, but they basically have rides and not a lot else, and not particularly good rides at that. Although it's interesting that my favourite rides in Florida were probably the Harry Potter one, Kraken, Sheikra, Hulk and Expedition Everest... I think Thirteen at Alton Towers isn't far behind Everest, and I actually preferred Oblivion to Sheikra.

Smiler on the other hand, is crap unfortunately. Anyone here been on that?

Also in terms of water rides, is there anything in the world that comes close to Bluto's Barges and Ripsaw Falls?

Forbidden Journey is the use of brand new ride system in a park atmosphere which evolves the current dark rides again like what Spiderman did. The screens are needed to give you a sense of flying. But again I will never understand this negative of screens in attraction, especially when they enhance said attraction.

Because the projection quality in FJ isn't up to par with Spidey and Transformers, and the dome sections greatly restrict the Kukas' movement. The best motion in FJ takes place outside the domes. The simulation elements in FJ also aren't as convincing to me as say, the driving scenes in Transformers.

Xun

I think Wikipedia is refering to the interiors not being themed. This is the video from the opening and it's complete http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzwz5vxWW18 totally not the same as Radiator Springs racers and Everest where the whole back side isnt themed and its just a show building.

Picture is from 1959
I know.

I assume that's what Freyjadour was referring to.

Anyway has this been posted?

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76470787/

Universal Orlando buys the Wet 'n Wild land.

I know.

I assume that's what Freyjadour was referring to.

Anyway has this been posted?

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76470787/

Universal Orlando buys the Wet 'n Wild land.

Picture is from 1959

From Jack Spence (All Ears):

In 1959, Disneyland opened the Monorail, the Submarine Voyage, and theMatterhorn. Once again, the project ran out of money and the interior of the Matterhorn was never completed. Riders could easily see steel girders, wooden beams, chicken wire, and plaster whenever their bobsleds were inside the mountain (as could those riding through on the Skyway). This totally ruined the magic of believing you were in Switzerland careening down a real mountain. Although the original plans called for the completion of the interior, Walt did not make this a priority after the attraction opened – he moved on to other projects and completely forgot about the Matterhorn. In fact, the finishing of the Matterhorn interior never occurred during his lifetime. The interior was not completed until 1978 – twelve years after Walt’s death. Looking back, it’s hard to believe that Walt would leave such an important aspect of a ride incomplete – but he did.

So I guess we're arguing that the themeing of the backside of an attraction that's rarely ever visible within the confines of the park is more important than any actual themeing on the interior. Malfunctioning Yetis aside, I'd rather have what's there than a fully completed Mountain that I'd never see.

Look, I have no qualms with the fact that WDI is and has been squeezed on "finishing" rides for decades now, but throwing around the idea that "this would never have happened in Walt's day" is silly. The man has been dead for half a century, who knows what kind of parks we'd have right now if he were still alive.

AT's been having a hell of a time with the Smiler.

The ride's out of action, because a bolt from the track sheared and fell into the queue line below.

Well, bad news is a potential dream job "sure thing" opportunity fell through at the last minute, good news is that I'll actually be able to go on vacation this year.

Staying at Art of Animation over Labor Day weekend / week in a family suite and then moving to either Beach Club or French Quarter. Can't decide between the two, we've always done Caribbean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge or Polynesian (not much anymore!) in the past. Really wish we had purchased the coast-to-coast annual pass last year, would have been an almost perfect usage of it.

aparisi2274

has anyone ever watched this video?

Hidden River Country

These guys sneak into River Country and its eerie. Lights are still on, half inflated tubes just floating in pond water, and I think at one point, the music is still playing...

Well, bad news is a potential dream job "sure thing" opportunity fell through at the last minute, good news is that I'll actually be able to go on vacation this year.

Staying at Art of Animation over Labor Day weekend / week in a family suite and then moving to either Beach Club or French Quarter. Can't decide between the two, we've always done Caribbean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge or Polynesian (not much anymore!) in the past. Really wish we had purchased the coast-to-coast annual pass last year, would have been an almost perfect usage of it.
I've stayed at the Yacht/Beach club a few times, place is sweet. Great pool, great food, great walking access to Epcot (and Hollywood Studios if you feel like it). Its not cheap but its super convenient and has great amenities. I'd go for it if you can. Poly remains my favorite though.

Hidden River Country

These guys sneak into River Country and its eerie. Lights are still on, half inflated tubes just floating in pond water, and I think at one point, the music is still playing...

The Discovery Island stuff is great too:

http://shaneperez.blogspot.com/2009/12/discovery-island.html

I've stayed at the Yacht/Beach club a few times, place is sweet. Great pool, great food, great walking access to Epcot (and Hollywood Studios if you feel like it). Its not cheap but its super convenient and has great amenities. I'd go for it if you can. Poly remains my favorite though.

Yeah, I'd like to try it once just to enjoy the proximity to World Showcase. Pool is pretty amazing.

flyover

Yeah, I'd like to try it once just to enjoy the proximity to World Showcase. Pool is pretty amazing.
Beach Club is my favorite resort at WDW. I love the proximity to World Showcase and Boardwalk. The pool area really is great. Beaches and Cream is one of the few places in the World where you can get a decent brewed iced tea (which probably doesn't matter to most, but does to me). And the rooms are nice. Not five-star nice, but very comfortable.

The only thing to watch out for is getting a room with a crappy location. If you're on the Epcot side of the building and you're facing Epcot, you will hear/feel the bass and drums from the Canada and UK bands all day long (if you spend any time in your room). And if there's an overnight party in the park, you won't get any sleep. We once had a room in the 2590s, and we had to switch. Got one in the high 2600s, and it was dead silent.

Overall, though, it's the greatest. Wish I could afford it every trip.

LuuKyK

Hidden River Country

Thats actually pretty creepy. It makes me nervous when people add old footage of something that is now abandoned. I have no idea why, it just makes feel very uneasy. :S

aparisi2274

Thats actually pretty creepy. It makes me nervous when people add old footage of something that is now abandoned. I have no idea why, it just makes feel very uneasy. :S

When I was down at Disney in 2008, I rented a boat from the Contemporary hotel and went out to the barrier they have by River Country to snap some pics, and people kept coming over to me to ask what I was taking photos of, and I ended up explaining river country to about 7 different boats (those little speed boats they have).

2937344042_5289df4480_b.jpg

2937348532_d4a5bfc2af_b.jpg

You can make out a slide in the trees...

2937351464_0c0c4e3754_b.jpg

This is about as close as you can get to River country from Bay Lake... notice the metal barrier in the water in front of me..

We staying two weeks at the carribean beach next year, can't wait, done Coronado springs which is similar I suppose but never been CBR

We staying two weeks at the carribean beach next year, can't wait, done Coronado springs which is similar I suppose but never been CBR

CBR is great! I love the fort on the island that connects the two sides. Lots of great beach areas to chill out on. Not to mention the Pirate Rooms. Coronado seems very similar, but I've never actually stayed there.

We decided on Polynesian for the one off night. Can't really afford it outside of a night here or there nowadays and the monorail is tops.

Arrived in WDW for a fortnight's holiday. :D

Are we expecting anything from D23 this year?

Supposedly they're showing off a new Star Wars ride (concept art? not sure), probably a Star Wars Land announcement, maybe Avatarland construction start dates, maybe Carsland Lite / Monstropolis.

I wouldn't expect much. Last rumors I saw were that they wanted to see how New Fantasyland did before investing additional money in the wake of the California Adventure project.

mclem

NO! Ugh why? There's even a second muppet movie coming, wild would they do that (attendance and money, I know). If it was for me, I would remodel the movie inside to make it new, or create another kind of experience with the muppets and the building that is not a 3D movie, but destroying it... You can make so many good ideas with the muppets, it makes me sad they are not letting them do cool things with them.

Without realising it 'til a cast member mentioned it, I happened to go on the WDW version of Muppet*Vision on the date of its 21st Birthday this year. It was kinda depressing to see an attraction I loved so much so empty, though.

Without realising it 'til a cast member mentioned it, I happened to go on the WDW version of Muppet*Vision on the date of its 21st Birthday this year. It was kinda depressing to see an attraction I loved so much so empty, though.

In WDW is a whole zone for the muppets no? They are changing that one also? :(

Bloody hell, Magic Kingdom is just way too busy. 100+ minute waits for the Mountains, with Pirates and Haunted Mansion hovering around 50 minutes.

Surely something needs to be done?

Top Bottom