• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There's a new Outrun2006 mod in town and it's awesome!

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Shame that arcade racing games basically died.
Last few years we've gotten some genuinely good new arcade games that aren't just rehashing existing Ip. "Horizon chase turbo" games are a pretty nice take on the genre(and the first game wears original outrun and lotus influences on its sleeve).

Also "Hot wheels unleashed 1/2" if you want something modern looking.

T-0800

I played this yesterday on my PS3.

I also downloaded the Topspin 4 demo that came out about 14 years ago. I wonder if someone somewhere saw that and was like.....

Jon Stewart What GIF

Yo Outrunners! Check out my Sunday project...

This new patch inspired me to finally start setting up my wheel to work on PC. What ya think...?!
6l2zMy6.jpeg

DkXnrAP.jpeg

The seat is from an actual SEGA Race TV cab, I picked it up a few months back for free off local marketplace. It's one of my most valued possessions. Trash to treasure and all that.

Next step I'm going to get wheel stand, cos this IKEA LACK table is SERIOUSLY not fit for purpose. Any recommendations are welcomed.

The version of OutRun I'm playing here is OutRun2 SP SDX on TeknoParrot. It took almost an hour messing with settings and troubleshooting to get it working (Documentation out there is SHITTT), but once I got it sorted, it feels bloody amazing.

Last edited:

Wulfer

Good question here? Are the Xbox 360 official wheels good for anything anymore? I been trying to figure out a way to put this good wheel back in use again. It's even got true force feedback if I could get it to work...

Good question here? Are the Xbox 360 official wheels good for anything anymore? I been trying to figure out a way to put this good wheel back in use again. It's even got true force feedback if I could get it to work...
If it's compatible with PC, you can more than likely get it to work.

There is an older mod for OR2006 called FXT that enabled wheel and controller support, but that has kinda been abandoned. I haven't tried this new OutRun2006Tweaks with wheel yet, but I saw this [https://github.com/emoose/OutRun2006Tweaks/issues/44] over on github and they reported success. What I don't know is if they are using both patches, FXT for the wheel support + Tweaks ... I will check it out later, and report back once I get it working.

Top Bottom