• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There's no news or excitement at the moment

anthony2690

There is definitely a lot games I'm looking forward too and excited to play though?

I'm not too fussed about gta6 myself, whilst I think rockstar put out very high quality releases, I don't find the gunplay overly fun at all.

There is also games I am currently playing I look forward to playing more off when time permits :)

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Perfect time to play a video game.
%D8%B9%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%84%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%AE%D9%87.gif

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
It's the summer. Famously, nothing happens in August - across all news channels, not just gaming. Go to the beach or a park or for a hike.

From where I am, it's Gamescom in a few weeks, and then in September the hype for Q4 games will begin. Plenty to look forward to if you can just last a few weeks.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Best game of the decade (EDF6) just came out. What else do you need?

Well in any case, Quakecon's next week and Gamescom is around the corner too.

Hudo

Well in any case, Quakecon's next week and Gamescom is around the corner too.
I wonder if there's gonna be any announcement at Quakecon. Last two Quakecons we got the Quake 1 and Quake 2 remasters. I recognize that Quake 3 remaster is unlikely since Quake Live is a thing... so I wonder if they gonna do something to Hexen or Heretic?

Or they maybe just use the Quakecon to do some Doom The Dark Ages marketing.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I wonder if there's gonna be any announcement at Quakecon. Last two Quakecons we got the Quake 1 and Quake 2 remasters. I recognize that Quake 3 remaster is unlikely since Quake Live is a thing... so I wonder if they gonna do something to Hexen or Heretic?

Or they maybe just use the Quakecon to do some Doom The Dark Ages marketing.
I've sort of assumed it's the later. Gamescom's lineup was revealed yesterday and I think it said no news about DOOM TDA, so hopefully we get something at Quakecon. I could do with a release date.

That said, something Heretic or Hexen related would be the tits too. Sort out the stuff related to Heretic II and release a pack with the 4 games.

Hudo

I've sort of assumed it's the later. Gamescom's lineup was revealed yesterday and I think it said no news about DOOM TDA, so hopefully we get something at Quakecon. I could do with a release date.

That said, something Heretic or Hexen related would be the tits too. Sort out the stuff related to Heretic II and release a pack with the 4 games.
The only hopium I have is that Phil once went on stage with a Hexen t-shirt on. And I refuse to believe he wore that without wanting to tease something.

anthony2690

The only hopium I have is that Phil once went on stage with a Hexen t-shirt on. And I refuse to believe he wore that without wanting to tease something.
I assumed it was probably a tease for doom dark ages and the influences/DNA it might have from hexen (melee weapons and fantasy setting)

I'm sure it will get the quake remaster treatment in the future too though hopefully.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
August is the best time to focus on clearing up some of your video game backlog.

Alternatively, go outside to touch some grass, lol.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Why did I know it'd be one of the people who spam GTA 6????? in Youtube live stream channels

What news to you want from a trailer for a game that's over a year away, it has cars?

Am i the only one with a backlog?

We don't need new shows, conferences, trailers and game releases all the damn time.

edit: Plus August just started. I wouldn't count on big news this month.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Fluid Motion Frames 2 just hit and Prime gaming has been giving some decent games away for free.

Good shit’s been happening. Just not the mainstream shit.

Ma-Yuan

True i am hyped for nothing. Mainly concentrating on my retro stuff and backlog. This whole generation was boring as f.... So far for my taste.

Diddy X

Gears of War is coming back, that's all the excitement I need, meanwhile I can make progress on the several dozens of unfinished games I have.

Nonehxc

Northern hemisphere people are on holidays, what news do you want?

'I have a new leak...my bladder can't contain all that beach beer' 🏖️ 🍺

MiguelItUp

Yeah, it was expected that there would be serious down time around now, but it's going to pick back up before we know it.

Top Bottom