• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ #2 Independent Videogame Software Publisher Ranking for the First Half of 2004

Wednesday July 21, 8:30 am ET

Original Franchise Full Spectrum Warrior Ranked #1 on Xbox and #2 Overall

CALABASAS HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 21, 2004--THQ Inc. (Nasdaq:THQI - News) today announced its ranking as the #2 independent videogame software publisher for the year-to-date ended June 30, 2004, according to The NPD Group, Inc.

The successful launch of original title Full Spectrum Warrior(TM), developed by Pandemic studio for the Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, drove THQ's positive results.

"Full Spectrum Warrior has raised the popular military gaming genre to a new level of reality and entertainment," said Brian Farrell, president and CEO, THQ. "We are thrilled to have expanded our product portfolio with an original game franchise boasting Full Spectrum Warrior's critical and commercial achievements."

MaddenNFL64

Mashing said:
This was probably doesn't include Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.

Ah right, "Independent" should have tipped me off :\.

I guess being happy for number 2 is like being number 1 in some respects. I mean EA really doesn't count IMO. They're like this faceless congomerate giant who can't be toppled.

No offense to EA though.

Top Bottom