• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiger Woods Revealed for Genesis!!!

Kandinsky

Sorry if old.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/554/554563p1.html

tiger-woods-pga-tour-golf-20041006105131421.jpg

tiger-woods-pga-tour-golf-20041006105135077.jpg

Ouch?

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Kandinsky said:
Not necessarily -- as usual, IGN has resized the screens about 50 times bigger than their native size, making them look extra-terrible.

That said, I don't think this game will be winning any graphics awards any time soon, even for the DS.

puck1337

Maybe if the images weren't blown up to 3-4 times their native resolution, they wouldn't look so horrible. Not that they'd look great to begin with, but still, it doesn't indicate to a user what the game will look like during actual play.

ge-man

Oh God, Matlock and Wario just about made me spit out my soda.

As for Tiger--well, this keeps up with the trend of licensed games that look only mariginally better than their GBA counter part. If anyone is going to pusing the sytem in terms of graphics early on, that is going to be Nintendo.

tigerfixed.jpg

I understand we're in the age of high resolution displays, but to be fair with regard to the [fanboy][/fanboy] post above, we won't see PSP screens at twice it's native resolution.

jarrod

Banned
Doc Holliday said:
Please DS developers......STICK TO 2D games!!!!
NCL, Sonic Team, NST, KCEJ, Namco, Bandai & Shin'en have managed decent looking 3D on DS so far... I'd say this is less to do with hardware and more to do with EA. Their 2D DS game (Urbz) looks like shit too. As does NFSU Rivals on PSP.

Tenguman

jarrod said:
NCL, Sonic Team, NST, KCEJ, Namco, Bandai & Shin'en have managed decent looking 3D on DS so far... I'd say this is less to do with hardware and more to do with EA. Their 2D DS game (Urbz) looks like shit too.

ding ding ding ding ding. we have a winner in common sense ville

Its a GBA game hastely converted to DS. No biggie. Just look at the buildings in the background. It just screams GBA.

Edit: Not to mention the trees.

Memles

They did the obvious use of the second screen (Plotting your shot, power gauge) and likely you can use Touch Screen input to shoot.

These are big steps for EA, actually doing something not done before, so they decided to get lazy for the rest of it or something?

As many as four people can compete in the game utilizing the wireless connectivity of the Nintendo DS

OMG! It's only online with TWO! Wireless>Online. Nintendo is teh REVOLUTIONARIES.

jarrod

Banned
Here's some Tiger Wood 2004 GBA shots for comparison...

tigerwoods2004_091603_13.jpg
tigerwoods2004_090203_018.jpg
tigerwoods2004_090203_005.jpg

...I dunno, maybe it's just the colors but I kinda think last year's GBA version looks better. :/

Justin Bailey

------ ------
jarrod said:

...I dunno, maybe it's just the colors but I kinda think last year's GBA version looks better. :/
Wow, come on EA, Jesus Christ. It's the damn GBA game with an extra screen.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
jarrod said:

seriously, wtf is this crap.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
jarrod said:
I agree. Just look at the damn sky.

[edit] Hell, the GBA version has shadows.

ge-man

EA is looking at getting some quick money at the DS launch. They'll put more effort in if the DS turns out to be the next big thing in portables I assume.

Fortunately, there are enough great looking games to look forward to near launch that I find it hard to be moved at all by the shittiness of EA's ports.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
okay this is a system that has the previous systems processor plus another more powerful processor, you would think they could atleast make it look as good as the gba one. this looks like a genesis game. seriously wtf.

jarrod

Banned
I'm worried for Madden DS now... I've also got a feeling NFSUR on PSP won't suddenly get better looking either. :/

Top Bottom