• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiger Woods Revealed for Genesis!!!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Here's some screens of PGA Tour Golf on Genesis... I actually own this, it's one of 3 EA games I (am ashamed to) own...

PGA%20Tour%20Golf%20(GS).gif

PGA%20Tour%20Golf%203%20(GS).png

Chittagong

Gold Member
Makes you wonder... what is the passion and pride these guys take on their work? I mean, the chances are that the poor guys responsible for the recent EA portable crapfest are lurking here and seeing all the mocking and laughing - deserved.

I guess it's just management by Excel and Project. They punch in the dates from their management and do whatever they can by that date. Whenever it's not good, no chance that the producer would delay the game to polish it, just ship it and forget.

While occasionally I've been tempted to send a CV over just to get to see the process in practice, I cannot participate in the creation of a product which is not driven by passion and drive for excellence.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Chittagong said:
Makes you wonder... what is the passion and pride these guys take on their work? I mean, the chances are that the poor guys responsible for the recent EA portable crapfest are lurking here and seeing all the mocking and laughing - deserved.

I guess it's just management by Excel and Project. They punch in the dates from their management and do whatever they can by that date. Whenever it's not good, no chance that the producer would delay the game to polish it, just ship it and forget.

While occasionally I've been tempted to send a CV over just to get to see the process in practice, I cannot participate in the creation of a product which is not driven by passion and drive for excellence.
Good post.

Honestly, when you realize that the game you're making for a handheld that's much more powerful than the GBA doesn't even look as good as that game, something's got to go off in your head.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
DJ Demon J said:
OK...

DS:

tigerfixed.jpg

vs.

Genesis:

PGA%20Tour%20Golf%203%20(GS).png

close call. on one hand the DS has the more realistic touch, but the cel-shading on the genesis adds a stylistic flair. wait a minute..

Chittagong said:
You mean the 2D three sprites they lifted from the Genesis version?

? I just mean that here is an example of a (likely) DS launch title. Interested consumers in DS or PSP would be wise to make comparisons among the two.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
kpop100 said:
haha really, people were actually thinking it would be an N64 port with better graphics, extras, and online :lol
Super Mario 64x4 has better graphics than the original (more geometry, faster framerate), extras (multiplayer), and presumably "on(no)line" (as I'm certain you'll be able to play the multiplayer wirelessly).

Lesson of today:
EA Crappy Rush Jobs |= All DS Games

Chittagong

Gold Member
DJ Demon J said:
? I just mean that here is an example of a (likely) DS launch title. Interested consumers in DS or PSP would be wise to make comparisons among the two.

Oh ok, I think I got confused. I recalled that there was some poster that would spin anything EA creates, or even was their company man.

These screens do not, however, lower my interest in DS in general. I've got it in preorder and look forward to the first-party games, Sega's XX-XY and the Atlus surgery game. And I'll get PSP, too, in any case. But as for EA getting any portable money from me, no way. Burnout 3 on Xbox is fine for me.

Brofist

human5892 said:
Super Mario 64x4 has better graphics than the original (more geometry, faster framerate), extras (multiplayer), and presumably "on(no)line" (as I'm certain you'll be able to play the multiplayer wirelessly).

Lesson of today:
EA Crappy Rush Jobs |= All DS Games

I'm not saying it can't be done, but with EA releasing it....

human5892 said:
Super Mario 64x4 has better graphics than the original (more geometry, faster framerate)

Umm, which version did you play? If you've played something newer than the E3 version, then I can't prove you wrong, but the E3 version wasn't faster IIRC (it was all I had time to play at the show, everyone was hogging MP: Hunters).

human5892

Queen of Denmark
DJ Demon J said:
Umm, which version did you play? If you've played something newer than the E3 version, then I can't prove you wrong, but the E3 version wasn't faster IIRC (it was all I had time to play at the show, everyone was hogging MP: Hunters).
I have not played a post-E3 version, but I have heard impressions indicating that it runs at 60 FPS, whereas the original only ran at 30.

Besides, even if Mario DS only did run at 30 (although I'm pretty certain it is 60), it's still pushing more geometry than the original.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
DJ Demon J said:

I haven't played it, but everyone else seems to think it's 60fps, which the original certainly wasn't.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Chittagong said:

That indictment seems overly harsh directed at a company who's committing to having multiple titles available at the launch of two separate handheld gaming platforms that are being released very close to each other. Seeing as EA seems to be partnering fairly closely with both Nintendo and Sony to ensure these launches have sufficient content, I wouldn't be so sure that its strictly EA's project managers that are cracking the whip here.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I'm surprised nobody's noted that EA traditionally has one of the worst signal-to-noise ratios on portables. The only GBA title from them I actually enjoyed was Medal of Honor: Infiltrator, which didn't get enough attention because everyone assumed it was poor just like all of EA's other GBA titles.

I think we're just seeing the continuation of the GBA tradition on the DS, while EA uses PS2 material for the PSP version.

i think it looks better than that Hot Shots game for PSP, if only because the blockyass character model reminds me of Fusilli Jerry.

cosmo.jpg

"I used fusilli, because you're silly!"

Grubdog

Banned
Fucking graphic whores, will the game really be that much better to play if it had more realistic graphics?

I don't see anything wrong with this game, and it could be fun if EA put the touch screen to good use.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Ninja Scooter said:
i think it looks better than that Hot Shots game for PSP, if only because the blockyass character model reminds me of Fusilli Jerry.

cosmo.jpg

"I used fusilli, because you're silly!"

macaroni midler!
you've made a long journey...
from milan to minsk..

but seriously, wtf is with those 'mirrored' clouds in the sky

Doc Holliday said:
Please DS developers......STICK TO 2D games!!!!

I definately agree with this. C'mon, what would you rather?
Beautiful looking 2d games or Bland looking 3d games.

I mean...it's golf...how much does it gain by being 3d???????

This upsets me now because I realize that Nintendo should've put more effort into the 3D components for the system. It's ashame because in another year when the PSP is ripping it apart on a visual level Nintendo will be kicking themselves.

Memles

evilromero said:
This upsets me now because I realize that Nintendo should've put more effort into the 3D components for the system. It's ashame because in another year when the PSP is ripping it apart on a visual level Nintendo will be kicking themselves.

Wait a second...you mean, the PSP is going to last a year?

All kidding aside, the 3D capabilities in MP:H and SM64x4 are in no way poor. This shit, though?

As I said before, they're trying to port a game which looks good on the PS2 to a system that need more in the way of style, not this crap. I mean, really, I'd say MG:AT kicks its ass.

Top Bottom