• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time to debunk this rumor... Xenon 2005

AniHawk

jedimike said:
What??? You can't be serious...

Unfortunately, he is.

I don't see how it's trolling in any way. There's nothing wrong about looking forward to games on a particular system if you aren't bashing another.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
jedimike said:
:rolleyes

You mean MS made it so your Xbox would disappear when you buy a Xenon... teh genius
Well, at least you didn't put too much effort into debunking something clearly labeled as a joke.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
I guess the Nintendo trolls are a little angsty today as they found out GC is actually 3rd worldwide. Guess its best to let them get it off their chests.

To whom are you referring? BOE began to troll, so I responded in kind. I agreed with JM, but I am at war with drones from the hive. Third by under 2% right?

BeOnEdge

Banned
bs i started with the trolling. cybmerc did. as far as zelda trumping everything in 2005, wasnt wind wanker supposed to do the same thing? everything nintendo releases is supposed to be "the ace in the hole" for the year. If that were the case the GC wouldnt be in the dire position its in now.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
BeOnEdge said:
bs i started with the trolling. cybmerc did. as far as zelda trumping everything in 2005, wasnt wind wanker supposed to do the same thing? everything nintendo releases is supposed to be "the ace in the hole" for the year. If that were the case the GC wouldnt be in the dire position its in now.

Their 1st qtr. financial statements contradict your "dire position" statement. Not everything Nintendo releases is supposed to be "their ace in the hole" for the year, only those blinded by bias would believe, or even quote such ignorance. The "Wind Wanker" pushed GC sales past the Box's for Feb., then currently held the record for game pre-orders, is sitting at 1.3 million in NA & 3.3 million worldwide. So I can feed you crow later, what aforementioned X-title will comprehensively outscore & outsell LOZ?

AniHawk

BeOnEdge said:

You don't help your stance by making fun of a game title, and even though you thought that TWW was gonna be the #1 game of the year, doesn't mean rationally thinking people thought so.

I remember the TWW prediction thread, and very few predicted it would sell 1 million by June.

BeOnEdge

Banned
the game was overhyped. yeah i fell for it too. yeah i thought it would save the GC and yeah i rushed out and bought it and i dont find sailing around in a boat wasting my time fun. i feel i have the right to call it whatever i want after being let down by it. :)

AniHawk

BeOnEdge said:
the game was overhyped. yeah i fell for it too. yeah i thought it would save the GC and yeah i rushed out and bought it and i dont find sailing around in a boat wasting my time fun. i feel i have the right to call it whatever i want after being let down by it. :)

Go ahead, but you wont win any respect in an argument. It just lessens your case to act more childish than the your opponent.

And your avatar man... it rocks.

Dave Long

Banned
The thread itself is a troll. There is no need to create a thread with a bunch of upcoming (some even multiplatform o_O) games just to supposedly stop some supposed rumor that there won't be any games to play on Xbox next year. Just because you "see a lot of this crap on these boards" is not a reason to start a thread.

I see a lot of people here constantly slagging Nintendo, their business, their developers, everything. I don't go starting threads to debunk these things. If I feel like responding to them, I do it in the thread where they occur. This thread is just another propaganda thread about how great you think Xbox is and it's used to stir up trouble. In short, the thread is trolling for disagreement from fans of other consoles.

AniHawk

Dave Long said:
The thread itself is a troll. There is no need to create a thread with a bunch of upcoming (some even multiplatform o_O) games just to supposedly stop some supposed rumor that there won't be any games to play on Xbox next year. Just because you "see a lot of this crap on these boards" is not a reason to start a thread.

Oh come on. If someone made a thread about the GC (like jarrod or EAD Ninja's list things, except for 2005 games), I doubt you'd be so upset about it. Nobody started getting all pissy until about 30 posts in or so anyway.

jedimike

Dave Long said:

I see a lot of people here constantly slagging Nintendo, their business, their developers, everything. I don't go starting threads to debunk these things. If I feel like responding to them, I do it in the thread where they occur. This thread is just another propaganda thread about how great you think Xbox is and it's used to stir up trouble. In short, the thread is trolling for disagreement from fans of other consoles.

Can we give Dave the "seriously reaching" tag? We've been doing this on GAF for ages. I don't see you pissing and moaning about the Cube Fall line-up thread, or the Nintendo DS full list thread, or any other thread that mentions any games that are not yet released.

BeOnEdge

Banned
i'd like someone to make a list. i think it would be a great oppourtunity to show everyone that nintendo's still got what it takes with the GC. seriously.

AniHawk

BeOnEdge said:
i'd like someone to make a list. i think it would be a great oppourtunity to show everyone that nintendo's still got what it takes with the GC. seriously.

So you can tear down the list game by game, right?

BeOnEdge

Banned
Li Mu Bai said:
I was referring to '05, not '04 if it wasn't clearly enough spelled out for you.

" then currently held the record for game pre-orders, is sitting at 1.3 million in NA & 3.3 million worldwide. So I can feed you crow later, what aforementioned X-title will comprehensively outscore & outsell LOZ?"

BS. utter BS. you truly forgot about the mighty halo. i know you did.

AniHawk

BeOnEdge said:
" then currently held the record for game pre-orders, is sitting at 1.3 million in NA & 3.3 million worldwide. So I can feed you crow later, what aforementioned X-title will comprehensively outscore & outsell LOZ?"

BS. utter BS. you truly forgot about the mighty halo. i know you did.

Do you understand the meaning of "aforementioned?"

Dave Long

Banned
EAD Ninja would never post any lists of upcoming games in the following way...

I see a lot of this crap here on the boards... "Xbox 2005 is gonna suck because all development has already moved to Xenon"

IMO, This is definitely the "Year of the Xbox", but already 2005 is looking like it's going to be the 2nd best year of the Xbox. Development on Xbox is still very strong.

It's clearly meant to be argumentative and insulting to people. The "Year of the Xbox" thing seals the deal. As if the board is LOADED with negative sentiment and it's Jedimike's goal to defend the black flag with the green X.

I don't even give a shit which console you guys play. I've played mostly PC games lately anyway. I just think it's silly how I often see this kind of thread from the Xbox fans. As if they have to let us know, time and time again, just how great the system is and promote it that little bit more.

AniHawk

Dave Long said:
EAD Ninja would never post any lists of upcoming games in the following way...

It's clearly meant to be argumentative and insulting to people. The "Year of the Xbox" thing seals the deal. As if the board is LOADED with negative sentiment and it's Jedimike's goal to defend the black flag with the green X.

I don't even give a shit which console you guys play. I've played mostly PC games lately anyway. I just think it's silly how I often see this kind of thread from the Xbox fans. As if they have to let us know, time and time again, just how great the system is and promote it that little bit more.

Everyone knows jedimike's slant in the gaming world as I'm sure they know mine, yours, Cockles', and a lot of other people's. Plus the fact he clearly stated it was all his opinion makes it just a harmless post. If you really didn't want this thread to escalate into anything you should have left it the fuck alone in the first place.

MASB

AniHawk said:
Go ahead, but you wont win any respect in an argument. It just lessens your case to act more childish than the your opponent.

And your avatar man... it rocks.
Acting more childish than his opponent is what BOE does on a regular basis. I mean, honestly, Wind Wanker? Turn in your trolling license BOE, you don't have the imagination for it!

As for Xenon 2005 or whatever, I don't think we'll really know anything about it until E3. Maybe GDC at the earliest. I don't see why some of the XBox faithful think they have to debunk that the XBox won't have any good/great games for 2005. MS hasn't become Sega (Genesis) yet after all. ;)

Cubsfan23

Banned
Dave Long said:

So in short.......you fell for the "bait". The winner is you!

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
This isn't suppose to a joke thread???????

How???

He titled it as if it was about whether Xenon would launch in 2005 or not, and then gives us a silly list thread (not even a decent list, either). I've got no problem with people making lists, but they are all nothing but flamebait... especially stupid lists. Jedimike, can you honestly say that you expected nothing less by creating this thread?

And would someone, PLEEEASE, shove a controller in BoE's mouth. He was amusing for a while, with his Xbox revolution nonsense, but in the past few weeks he's been acting like a retarded kid, who just saw his first breast and can't quite control himself. His posts are barely even legible anymore.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
I agree w/you JJC, but here's a currently known '05 exclusive list for you BOE since you were self-admittedly "joking."

-Advance Wars: Under Fire
-Fire Emblem: Souen no Kiseki
-Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
-Odama
-Mario Tennis
-Geist
-LOZ
-Super Monkey Ball 3
-Animal Crossing 2
-Unity
-Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
-Camelot rpg. (Golden Sun)
-RE4 (possibly)

To name a few, as this is not a comprehensive list.

Li Mu Bai said:
I agree w/you JJC, but here's a currently known '05 exclusive list for you BOE since you were self-admittedly "joking."

-Odama
-Mario Tennis
-Geist
-LOZ
-Super Monkey Ball 3
-Animal Crossing 2
-Unity
-Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
-RE4 (possibly)

What the shizzle?? When was Mobile Suit Gundam Seed ever announced for the GC? Are there any pics of this game on the net?:)

P90

Li Mu Bai said:
Especially since the new LOZ trumps everything listed for the Box in '05.

Wrong. The new LoZ trumps everything Xbox had listed from '01.

More dust on my Xbox in 2005, save for some Halo and Halo2 action. :) I'll be bored with Doom3 by then. Gates should end the profit loss fest, pull the plug on Xbox1 and 2 and just sell Bungie to Nintendo or Sony. Or go bonkers and buy Sega-Sammy, Capcom, and Square-Enix. Now that would make the Xbox2 interesting.

wazoo

Li Mu Bai said:

-Odama
-Mario Tennis
-Geist
-LOZ
-Super Monkey Ball 3
-Animal Crossing 2
-Unity
-Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
-RE4 (possibly)

Camelot (RPG), SMB3, AC2 are just rumors.

jarrod

Banned
BeOnEdge said:
Did someone say list?

-Alien Homonid
-Chicken Little
-Farcry Instincts
-Fire Emblem
-Geist
-Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life for Girls
-Killer 7
-Legend of Zelda
-Mario Party 6
-Mario Tennis
-Medal of Honor
-NBA Street V3
-NFL Street 2
-Odama
-Rayman 4
-Resident Evil 4
-StarCraft: Ghost
-Stolen
-TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
-Ultimate Spider-Man
-Unity
-Viewtiful Joe 2
-Virtua Quest

...plus there's the possibility of new JP games getting picked up (HomeLand, Naruto 3, Kururin Squash, etc), and rumored games in development (Phantasy Star Universe, Golden Sun, Monkey Ball 3, etc). Overall I'd say GameCube's got a stronger 2005 than XBox (many more exclusives too), while PS2 beats them all. GBA is looking surprisingly weak in 2005 for the first time though. :/

jedimike

JJConrad said:
This isn't suppose to a joke thread???????

How???

He titled it as if it was about whether Xenon would launch in 2005 or not, and then gives us a silly list thread (not even a decent list, either). I've got no problem with people making lists, but they are all nothing but flamebait... especially stupid lists. Jedimike, can you honestly say that you expected nothing less by creating this thread?

I always like a bit of controversy... It keeps things fun at GAF. But I never expected anyone to get pissed about it or accuse me of trolling. It was designed just to let people know that 2005 is going to be a great year for Xbox fans.

BTW, my list is fucking awesome. Like I said, it will be the 2nd best year ever for Xbox.

that being said... please close this thread :/

edit: thx jarrod.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
jarrod said:
Did someone say list?

-Farcry Instincts
-Fire Emblem
-Geist
-Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life for Girls
-Killer 7
-Legend of Zelda
-Mario Party 6
-Mario Tennis
-NBA Street V3
-NFL Street V2
-Odama
-Rayman 4
-Resident Evil 4
-StarCraft: Ghost
-TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
-Unity
-Viewtiful Joe 2
-Virtua Quest

...plus there's the possibility of new JP games getting picked up (HomeLand, Naruto 3, Kururin Squash, etc), and rumored games in development (Pac-Man World 3, Golden Sun, Monkey Ball 3, etc). Overall I'd say GameCube's got a stronger 2005 than XBox (many more exclusives too), while PS2 beats them all. GBA is looking surprisingly weak in 2005 for the first time though. :/

2005 exclusives doesnt look too bad for XB,although mostly due to delays:

Call of Cthulhu
SW:Republic Commando
Kameo
Conker
Jade Empire
Unreal Championship 2
Phantom Dust(someone gotta pick it up)
Spikeout
Painkiller(improved PC port)
Dungeon Lords(same)
The Roots
Advent Rising
BC
Far Cry Instincs(few months before other platforms)
Kore Gang
Half Life 2
Mech Assault 2
Pariah
MotoGP3

Possibly another Team Ninja game.
Some of the MGS Japan games that will be shown at this TGS(Team Breakout RPG?)

The disturbing bit about lineup is that allmost all games are coming in the first half of the year.

There are also more PC ports coming , games like Serious Sam 2,Vampire:Bloodlines and even Dreamfall:Longest Journey.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Unity and Odama both sound original and charming, and definitely have my interest the most, too.

Alcibiades

BeOnEdge said:
you wanna pay $180 for a GBA with a scratch pad be my guest.

I'll pay $199 if it's that price, and looking at GBA vs. XBox sales, it's going to be interesting how DS does against PSP and Xenon in '05...

jarrod

Banned
Sorry to pare down your list fleming but...

PC ports:
Call of Cthulhu
SW:Republic Commando
Painkiller
Dungeon Lords
The Roots
Advent Rising
Half Life 2
Pariah
MotoGP3

...FarCry Instincts is multiplatform and Phantom Dust is JP only for now. In terms of actual 2005 US XBox exclusives you've got...

BC
Conker: Live and Uncut
Jade Empire
Kameo: Elements of Power
Kore Gang
Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf
SpikeOut Battle Street
Unreal Championship 2

...compared to Gamecube's...

Advance Wars: Under Fire
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
Fire Emblem
Geist
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life for Girls
Killer 7
Legend of Zelda
Mario Party 6
Mario Tennis
Odama
Resident Evil 4
Unity

Redbeard

Banned
jarrod said:
In terms of actual 2005 US XBox exclusives you've got...

Kameo
Conker
Jade Empire
BC
Kore Gang

Unreal Championship 2?
Mechassault 2?
Even more lesser known games like Resonance and Fate of Ages.

Top Bottom