• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Brains |OT| PS4/PC 4p Co-op Action Puzzle Solving

Captain N

Glad to see a few of you tuned in. The game has 4 stages and I was actually asked not to stream stages 3 & 4 after my last stream. So Now that i'm at stage 3 I won't be streaming any more unless you guys wanna see the first two stages again.

I'll be streaming this tonight after "The Talkroom" (a call-in video game themed talk show made inside of The Playroom) in which we have one of the developers calling in to discuss the game. We also have a promo code to giveaway!

The Talkroom starts at 9pm EST, then shortly after we should be streaming what we are allowed to of the game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GIg44Ju.png

15.99 now instead of 17.99.

LiquidMetal14

I will be giving away a code of the game for PS4 sometime tomorrow so stay tuned.

I would like to thank the kind person who responded to my questions and provided the code as well.

I have updated the first post with some information from the review kit provided as well as the logo/banner pic.

Petrie

Banned
I will be giving away a code of the game for PS4 sometime tomorrow so stay tuned.

I would like to thank the kind person who responded to my questions and provided the code as well.

I have updated the first post with some information from the review kit provided as well as he logo/banner pic.

I'll be watching this for sure. Otherwise I need to check if there's a demo available.

LiquidMetal14

A couple things from the dev...

- a demo will be available
- you will be able to use a PS vita as a PS4 controller, but only one per game.
- dlc, nothing to announce yet but definitely think there is room to grow with the gameplay, story line and characters

Does that mean you can use the DS4 as P1 and the Vita as P2?

Wasn't going to get this because I'm not gonna buy 2 more DS4s for one game, but the fact that you can use a Vita or Move controller cemented my purchase. More devs should definitely do this because having 4 controllers this early in the generation is just not something that's gonna happen for most people.

Looks great.

I need a good couch game on the PS4 for when my buddies come over and I am thinking this one will be it. And having the vita as P2/P3/P4 is icing on the cake until us Yanks get the colored DS4s. :p

LiquidMetal14

One hour single player....

is this confirmed?

Not sure but this definitely has a ton of replay value with the modes included.

I've had games like Acrobatic Cars on PS3 that had a mere 4 tracks and launched at 20 if I recall. That game has had such lasting appeal so putting a gauge on SP even if it's 1 hour seems a bit like your missing the point of the game when it's meant to be a catch all party type game with the focus on co op for all the modes included. We have absolutely nothing like this on any next gen console and it's definitely welcome.

I have updated the first post with some information from the review kit provided as well as the logo/banner pic.

Oh damn, nice. Will watch this space. looking forward to this game and getting 4 people playing.

VanWinkle

Nice!

Tak3n

Banned
This needs some serious advertising on the PC

I purchased it from GMG, the devs posted a sticky on there saying anyone who pre-orders gets access to Beta, I asked if that was for pre-ordering from GMG as well, got no response at all

so not a good start there!

The Steam forum is dead, I have rarely seen a steam forum so quiet :(

all in all not looking like the PC version is the way to go

Tak3n

Banned
Christ Polygon was far from impressed..

5/10

Tiny Brains is messy, repetitious and safe

If you plan on playing Tiny Brains persuade some friends to join you. Bribe them, if you must — I find food and booze work best — but whatever you do, don't play alone. Alone, Tiny Brains is a bad game; with friends it's just forgettable.

Marceles

After playing it last night single player, I agree it's pretty boring doing it alone. You start noticing the music stays the same throughout the whole game, the puzzles start feeling repetitive, the not-so-much Psychonauts-ish/cake-is-not-a-lie Portal-ish humor starts getting corny. I'm sure playing it with friends will make it a much better experience.

The soccer game was pretty fun, it felt a little like the Super Acrobatic Battle Cars PSN game awhile back.

Christ Polygon was far from impressed..

5/10

Tiny Brains is messy, repetitious and safe

If you plan on playing Tiny Brains persuade some friends to join you. Bribe them, if you must — I find food and booze work best — but whatever you do, don't play alone. Alone, Tiny Brains is a bad game; with friends it's just forgettable.

so Polygon was alone on this.

Tak3n

Banned
The game is really good.

I hope so, I pre-ordered for £6 on GMG, so no great loss if it is pants, my biggest concern is the lack players this will attract on PC

I got caught out like that on speed runners and Gun Monkeys, MP indie games on Steam need word of mouth and the steam forum is so quiet

Not getting this unless I can convince my friends to get it, since it doesn't seem that great solo...unfortunately, I don't think many of my friends will get it. I'll have them try the demo though. Does anyone know if the demo allows co-op or is it SP only?

Nags

Banned
Getting screen tearing in the PS4 version...
Anyone else experiencing it?

Touchpad functionality works awesome by the way.

Seventy5

I got charged the full price somehow even though I have Plus. Oh well, game is fun as hell co op and I don't mind giving indies a few extra bucks.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Gonna download the demo here in a few if it's up. I'm really not too sure about this game so it's very nice that it has a demo.

LiquidMetal14

Will have the code tomorrow. I've been on my feet for 15 hours and beat.

A small but easy/lucky contest. First person to guess a number that I'm thinking between 1 and 100 gets the code.

I'm going to bed but if you enter I hope you have a US account and also a PS4.

Fox1304

A small but easy/lucky contest. First person to guess a number that I'm thinking between 1 and 100 gets the code.

43?

fixuis

15.!! Cmonnnnnn

BukoNuTz

Banned
I decided to broadcast the gameplay on my ps4, and spearheadgames watched my stream! I was lucky and honored to have them watch me fail several times on a puzzle. They even asked me if I needed any hints, but my girlfriend said no. In my honest opinion, this game is worth it, only if you have friends and family to play with. Playing by yourself would be very frustrating and maybe even sometimes boring.

Top Bottom