• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tip of the Hats: Team Fortress 2 Stream for Charity, 4/13 - 4/14

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
This event is done - $33,767.00 raised from 2980 donations!

Just wanted to let GAF know about this fundraiser event that's been put together by the TF2 community. :D All donations will be going to One Step Camp, a nonprofit organization that provides children living with cancer the opportunity to experience childhood and close community at camp.

Donate Here - http://imraising.com/tipofthehats/

Stream

When is this?
April 13 and 14, from 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM EST

Check the Schedule or join the Steam Group for announcements as events go live.​

What/Who am I watching?
Team Fortress 2 played in many different ways!

- random pubbing (that viewers can join)
- pick-up games of both major competitive formats (Highlander and 6v6) - NA vs EU 6v6, Pros vs Donors 6v9, Invite PUGs
- surfing/trick-jumping
- Mann vs Machine
- 1v1 MGE
- Bball
- Ultiduo (2v2 Medic + Soldier)
- uncrating and HATS

People in-game and on the mic:

STAR_, stabbystabby, Salamancer, Admirable, b4nny, cbear, djc, and various other top players from North America and Europe

This promo video can give you an idea of what's in store.

TeamFortress.tv Threads for more detailed information

Want to play on stream?

Auctions

Raffles

There are different raffles that you can choose from if you donate at least $2 or $5. Information on the prizes and how to enter can be found here.

*add "servers" to your donation comment if you're interested in a gaming server - Tragic is raffling 3 TF2 servers and 2 Minecraft servers

• $2: Crate Unboxing - 1 winner

• $2: Class Hat/Item - 9 winners (1 for each class). For example, this is what the "Soldier winner" will receive.

• $5: Merch/Games - Approximately 70 winners.

• $5: Unusual/Promo Raffle - 49 Winners
    eIhTnQt.png

Ygcv5j4.jpg

"Much obliged."

If anyone's got questions relating to TF2 (what's going on in stream? what are all these different formats? who are these people? why are these hats worth hundreds of dollars?!) feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. :3

Dec

I didn't see it in the OP but it seems to be starting at noon eastern time.

Edit: Ah it's in the schedule link, missed that.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Oops, sorry that the time wasn't clear at all. I edited the OP a bit...

EDIT: Stream is live, events should be starting in about 10 minutes!

Dec

Twitch is completely broken for me... can't load any stream, chat wont load, can't sign in, can't even see a list of streams.

Tried clearing cookies... this is strange.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
16k now! :O

The uncrating will begin in about 13 minutes... $2 for an entry into the raffle, if you win you get whatever is unboxed from over 100 crates (including 2 salvaged ones).

I just can't stand that extended viewmodels of the characters arms, it's just so damn ugly, with the Scout's floating arms reloading

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Unusual get! They just uncrated a 6 bud Pyro hat, worth about $220.

And 70~75 is indeed the superior viewmodel FOV... dunno why casters of all people set theirs so high.

no viewmodels is actually the superior FOV

I go for 85-90 for viewmodels, it just makes the weapons I use smaller so I prefer it despite it looking stupid. No viewmodels are a bit too detached for my tastes, I need some sense that I'm shooting a weapon. Now if only Valve would patch in translucent viewmodel functionality, that would be ace.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, we need that map overview that appears between every round to explain what areas are being taken or no one will know what's happening. xD

This is making me want to play some vanilla TF2 with the original map rotation.

I miss cp_well, I discovered my love of Scout on that map :(

I remember learning how to jump from the train cars to the window sills to get to mid before the gates opened. Good times.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
And that's a wrap for day 1! Stream will start Sunday at the same time as today's stuff (noon to midnight EST).

Sooooo hyped for the Jump and Bball segments. :3

Was a lot of fun to watch and $21,360.50 was raised for One Step Camp.

Alienups

Signed weapons thread was updated, donated for Kaidus Sticky and Platinum shotgun. I'm done.

Hope my friends who i made fun of for having signed weapons never take a look in my backpack.

Blizzard

Banned
Each time I tune in, whatever match is going on is incredibly one-sided. :p I want to see a close match, or 2v10 pros or whatever it takes for someone to lose!

That KOTH map is kind of cool and looks like Portal 2, but I feel like the capture point needs stairs to fully cater to classes with stubby legs.

Top Bottom