• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titan Fall Informational Thread(Pre- OT Thread): Things we know, Things we Don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papacheeks

Banned
This thread is for Discussion and Informational Purposes, for people new to Gaf, and new to the news breaking on TitanFall.

Thread Rules:

• Keep Discussion on topic, Linking to other Thread of 6v6 is fine.
  • Keep Discussion clean, and Friendly.
  • New Information has to be sourced and Varified,(No Forum Discussion sources)
  • Most of All Have Fun!

Papacheeks

Banned
Can we keep discussion on the thread title. Like I said this is my very first Thread on Neogaf, I was unaware that you can not go back after certain time and make thread changes.

I apologize to anyone in here, who thinks less of me, or thinks this thread sucks.

But I still would like to continue the Discussion if people are up to it.

Thank You.

Swishh

Banned
I'm a bit surprised at the lack of info for this game, as hyped as it is, seeing as it comes out in 2 months..

Where do I go for that, I'm still new. :(

You could try PM'ing a mod like Nirolak or they might just change the thread title themselves. Thread could also get locked since we actually don't know that much right now and the rule is usually new thread for new news. OT's usually are like a week or two weeks (I forget) before a game comes out.

There was Game Informer cover story on Titanfall last year I believe, if you want to update the OP with any links. Good luck! Threads like these are usually a lot of responsibility, because people expect you to keep updating the OP.

Can we keep discussion on the thread title. Like I said this is my very first Thread on Neogaf, I was unaware that you can not go back after certain time and make thread changes.

I apologize to anyone in here, who thinks less of me, or thinks this thread sucks.

But I still would like to continue the Discussion if people are up to it.

Thank You.

Mega threads aren't allowed unless they're an OT. New info require new threads.

I think we know a ton more about this game not listed in the OP.

3 titans have been revealed

a slew of weapons

a few modes (TDM, some kinda control point as well)

Need to update the OP badly :)

Papacheeks

Banned
It's a pretty good read. Also, I think it's a sign that marketing and previews are going to be rolling out over the next couple weeks.

Good hopefully we can ad them to the thread as information starts to release.

Hopefully we get info from Developer's that's more informative than what Polygon put up.

Even though it's a good detailed article on how many Characters can be on screen, even with the Human players only being 6v6.

Papacheeks

Banned
Mega threads aren't allowed unless they're an OT. New info require new threads.

That's understandable.

Hope we can still talk about what we know, and what we don't especially on recent news from Thruway on Respawn having issues with 720p on Xbone.

Also what's up with no footage of 360 Version?

Papacheeks

Banned
You should put this in the OP (from the 12 players thread)

Titanfall - Everything You Need to Know in 16 Minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2eLu_3j0bk

weapon-factions-lore etc.

---

Also, i freakin want that C.E. statue but it's 300€ here in Italy jesus christ :(

BTW agree 250 is way too much even if the statue is baller.

That video is some guy who took other video clips and spliced them together to make a informational video.

It didn't come directly from Developers or press.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad I have G+ disabled on my main account.
I have G+ enabled on a secondary account I only use for Hangouts.

G+ really is a damn mess, I have my main email account, my hangouts account and a seperate youtube account. One of these days I'm gonna do something stupid like send something from the wrong account or link a youtube I use personal stuff on reddit or something like that.

Gorillaz

So there is a FFA game mode? Interesting

hopefully they start putting out more info since launch is a hop,skip and jump away

Will there be equivalents to Kill streaks?

How much AI is there in the game?

Weapons? Titans?

Will all TitanFall games be XB1 exclusive?

Giggzy

I'm glad I have G+ disabled on my main account.
I have G+ enabled on a secondary account I only use for Hangouts.

G+ really is a damn mess, I have my main email account, my hangouts account and a seperate youtube account. One of these days I'm gonna do something stupid like send something from the wrong account or link a youtube I use personal stuff on reddit or something like that.

Good to know. Titanfall is an instant pass now!!!

Papacheeks

Banned
Will there be equivalents to Kill streaks?

How much AI is there in the game?

Weapons? Titans?

Will all TitanFall games be XB1 exclusive?

According to Vince Zampalla no:

Deep breaths, everyone. Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment will eventually make games for PS4, co-founder Vince Zampella tweeted. Yesterday publisher EA announced Titanfall would be exclusive for the life of the game to Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC, crushing the dreams of many prospective PS4 players.

After this news, Zampella assured one fan that Respawn will develop PS4 games: "Of course we will, just not the first Titanfall."

Respawn wasn't in control of the Microsoft exclusivity deal for Titanfall – that was all EA, Zampella said. "Always MS exclusive at launch, great partner and focus is good for a startup," he tweeted. "EA made a deal for the rest, we only found out recently =(."
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/30/zampella-of-course-respawn-will-have-games-on-ps4-just-not-t/

BTW agree 250 is way too much even if the statue is baller.

That video is some guy who took other video clips and spliced them together to make a informational video.

It didn't come directly from Developers or press.
I'm pretty sure all of his info is sourced from official stuff though I don't know where he's getting the info about the weapons. Maybe he's just referencing the gameplay videos but I would assume the technical minutia (clip count, level of damage) is subject to change anyway. I think it's safe to say the guns we've seen in use in the videos will make it in to the final product though.

Other than that, he's grabbing the faction lore from here: http://www.titanfall.com/the-frontier.

And we also know of three Titan classes from the official videos:

Ogre
Stryder
Atlas

Papacheeks

Banned
I'm pretty sure all of his info is sourced from official stuff though I don't know where he's getting the info about the weapons. Maybe he's just referencing the gameplay videos but I would assume the technical minutia (clip count, level of damage) is subject to change anyway. I think it's safe to say the guns we've seen in use in the videos will make it in to the final product though.

Other than that, he's grabbing the faction lore from here: http://www.titanfall.com/the-frontier.

And we also know of three Titan classes from the official videos:

Ogre
Stryder
Atlas

Cool, thanks for the link.

Papacheeks

Banned
I dont think this thread is going to help. What I mean is, we know so little about the game because Respawn just hasn't given us much info about the game.

This is for discussion, hence the thread. I want people to give me their 2 cent's on why they have been waiting up to 2 months upon release.

I want to know why we haven't seen xbox 360 version of the game in any form. I want to know why they are being so Secretive of the Developer that's working on the 360 version.

MrDaravon

All I want to know is who the hell is making the 360 version and what it looks like. That concerns me more than anything since that is the version literally everyone I know would be potentially getting, and unless I've missed it they haven't shown a single thing of that version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom