• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To my dear Xbox: Time to whore you out for money, thou shall be missed.

mr2mike

Banned
Yup, I have no choice but to give the Xbox the boot.

as I type my printer is printing out ads that I'll go tape to electrical poles near busy buss stops and such.

Hey, that worked well enough when I sold my playstation in '99

But anyhow, why the Xbox? it' my newest console, thus is likely to fetch the better price, I have more games for it, thus it's easier to ask a greater price for it. And the key factor: Gran Turismo 4 is not on it.

My roommate has an Xbox anyway, so I can still rent Halo 2 and forza when they come out.

I'll soon be a one-console gamer... again... :(

*goes to hug his PS2*

Hey, that means I'll free up a power outlet, liberate an input on myswitcher, and I can finally lay the PS2 horizontally, because now I'll actually have room (this is not a joke about the size of the 'box: I really didn't have room)

Do you actually need to sell your Xbox if you already have a PS2? I don't get it. The cost of GT4 is worth selling an entire system?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
FrenchMovieTheme said:
holy shit thank god you posted this
Devastin' Dave approves this message.

ddave.jpg

mr2mike

Banned
Because I have a job, but I'm back in school so no more full time for me, and there's shit to buy and turns at the very same time I have to pay for the registration of my car, and surprisingly, all the very same month I'm minus one roomy, we're now splitting the rent for a 5-1/2 on only 2 bank accounts, so that's $100 out of pocket for each of us, AND it just happens my boss didn't deposit my vacation pay on my last paycheck, wich I happen to NEED, because I worked shit for 3 weeks: first vacation in 30 fucking months thank you very much.

"holy shit thank god you posted this"

STFU

"I don't get it. The cost of GT4 is worth selling an entire system?"

I'm not selling the Xbox to pay for GT4, I'm selling off the XBox because every bill that could sneak up on me, has, at the same time, wich happens to be just the time I can't work enough to make it.

GT4 will come later, for now it's just plain money I want. By the time PD's opus comes out I'll most likely be back in green land. who knows, maybe I'll be able to get an Xbox again... or just wait for X2.

mr2mike

Banned
I dont assume you care. I just want to vent.

And if you didn't care, what the fuck are you doing in the thread anyway

BuddyC

mr2mike said:

Then get a LiveJournal.

I really don't have anything against you, but from now on folks, let's ask ourselves "What, if anything, does this contribute to the forum?" before posting a new thread.

signet

might as well sell that PS2, seems like you are living well beyond your means if a few $100 is really going to help out that much. Stop playing games and go to work and school full time.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
mr2mike said:

Well with the thread title I did come in here wondering how you were going to whore out an XBox for money. Y'know, like, if you'd rent it out, load it up with Mame roms and make it an appeasing thing to be passed around all your friends for a small fee. Or if you'd chuck it at your car/house window and use it as an item to help collect some insurance money in a fraudulent manner.

But, no, we get an initial post that didn't need more than the first sentence and a lot of angst afterwards. Great.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
mr2mike said:

Because people are dumb. Even with the obvious thread title they had to come in to read, and then post their disapproval of how you choose to go about your life.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I expected a better story/explanation from the topic creator. I give this thread a 6.9.

mr2mike

Banned
""What, if anything, does this contribute to the forum?""

Hey, I'm contributing. if people asked themselves that, 50% of the forum would vanish, half of what remained would be filled with bias so thick it hurts, and the rest would be klee's nanotube updates (Yay!), various press releases posted verbatim followed by lots of angst, nitpicking at screenshots and "*insert obscure game title here* let me touch you!" threads.

I'm just fueling the fire that keeps GA burning with my own brand of moth-filled rotten wood.

*edit*

just to clarify, I actually like the nanotube threads, this wasn't a dig against them ;)

BuddyC

mr2mike said:
...half of what remained would be filled with bias so thick it hurts, and the rest would be klee's nanotube updates (Yay!), various press releases posted verbatim followed by lots of angst, nitpicking at screenshots and "*insert obscure game title here* let me touch you!" threads.
You've pretty much described the current state of the forum, give or take some baseless rumor threads.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
The issue is, this sounds like something that would be appropriate for a blog, and little else.
Seriously, why the fuck should we care? Some of us come into the threads thinking, hey maybe they'll end on a question. Here's an appropriate one: "So have you ever held onto a system you weren't using?" Something that opens up discussion, because sweet hobo humping Hamlet, you did nothing to draw us into a conversation, so since this is the internet, most of the instincts go into "How can I turn this into a funny."

But I believe in you man, keep on truckin'
fonz.jpg

ghostface

Oh wtf...

You guys are bitching at this guy for *making a fucking thread* that is somehow deemed as useless, but don't chime in the countless "This Week I'm Playing...", "My most anticipated games are", "My apartment got robbed and they took all my games!" to say the same thing. Or maybe its because the topic hit a nerve or you're automatically assuming this thread is flamebait in disguise. Either way its retarded.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
ghostface said:
Oh wtf...

You guys are bitching at this guy for *making a fucking thread* that is somehow deemed as useless, but don't chime in the countless "This Week I'm Playing...", "My most anticipated games are", "My apartment got robbed and they took all my games!" to say the same thing. Or maybe its because the topic hit a nerve or you're automatically assuming this thread is flamebait in disguise. Either way its retarded.

Yes, but a lot of those threads open up into conversation. Makers of a "this week i'm playing/anticipating thread" expects people to put up their opinions and agree either which way.
So yeah, oh wtf!

ghostface

So you found nothing insightful to say, and that makes the thread stupid? Wtf indeed.

Not like I'm even defending the thread, but half of what's posted here could be considered pointless, like your original post.

mr2mike

Banned
Hey, on he bright side, I still have my DC.

Maybe that's gonna get more [deserved] playtime now. SFIII 3rd Strike let me touch you!

Insertia

if you were selling your ps2 to this thread wouldn't have gotten 5 replies.
ifyou were selling a gamecube this thread would reach two and a half pages.

Mike

BuddyChrist83 said:
Then get a LiveJournal.

I really don't have anything against you, but from now on folks, let's ask ourselves "What, if anything, does this contribute to the forum?" before posting a new thread.

You posted a thread when you found an insect in your bed.

BuddyC

Mike said:
You posted a thread when you found an insect in your bed.
I was also an intregal part of 'The OT' debacle. The difference here is I keep my pollution to the OT forum, where it's okay to post worthless crap.

Mike

I actually enjoyed the insect thread. And I also sort of enjoyed this one in its own "Train Wreck" way. Anyone else feel like that?

BuddyC

Yea. Half the time, these "worthless" threads are more fun than real ones. A lot of that comes from giving that person a hard time, though.

Mike

Well, yeah. Most of the time, I'm not one to post anything disparaging, so I guess I kind of enjoy seeing a bunch of other people rail on someone for being dumb. I feel kinda guilty about it though...

BuddyC

Right, but you've got to have a pretty thick skin to stay at GAF. Those that don't usually have those awesome "I'm leaving" threads that are just as entertaining. Besides, who can resist the chance to troll LiveJournal?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Awesome! Thanks for the bump! Can we get daily updates? Maybe some sort of budget sheet so we can keep up with who or what you sell to keep your fetid living arrangement going? Teeth-brushing notes?

Top Bottom