• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Soul Lab

It's something about this game man... I wanna 100% it.
Currently in my 2nd playthrough and farming for request 50. Probably my goty 2016

SPCTRE

I think the only thing this game is lacking to scratch that Persona itch for me so far is a certain lack of
romance (although it does get hinted at
)

but that's a really, really minor gripe considering how good everything else feels

Just started playing again after a break. Now I remember why I put it down. This fucking Chapter 4 boss
Excellus and that dude.
Oi vey. Totally gonna drop it to easy so I can just move on with the game.

SPCTRE

Is there a list of locations for all the Master Seals?
haven't completed the game and haven't looked at any guides (yet), but I was under the impression that they drop from bosses (side stories, main story)?

when Class Changes got unlocked, I just continued to do new content, and they kept on dropping - at this point I need just one more (chapter 5)

I might be wrong though

Is there a list of locations for all the Master Seals?

http://spwiki.net/sharpfe/wikis/99.html

Boss Drop:
Chapter 3: Draug
Chapter 4: Criminal role Mirage subboss
Chapter 4: Excellus
Chapter 6: Gharnef

Chests:
I.Daitama behind special wall
I.106 B1F behind special wall
I.106 3F behind special wall
I.Shibuya 1st Section 2F behind special wall
I Daitou TV Set B 1F behing special wall
I.Daiba Studio LCD Panels
I.Daiba Studio Right passage (behind special wall)
I.Dolhr 54m

Request rewards:
Arena Staff Wanted

Side Story rewards:
Tsubasa 3
Touma 3
Yashiro 3
Tiki 3

Can also get via Legendary Arena rewards + Hee Ho Mart lottery

Also what carries over to NG+?

http://spwiki.net/sharpfe/wikis/74.html

These are optional (can be selected piecemeal, completely wiped if doing Lunatic)
Levels
Money
Items
Carnages
Some skills
Map completion

Automatic:
Play Records + Trophies
Shop Lineup
Costumes
Artwork
Mirage Enemy Info
Arena Titles

RPGCrazied

Ok. I finally bit the bullet and bought this. Not really a fan of no English dubs on games, but the Wii U hardly has any jRPG's, and despite it being in Japanese audio, it got some good reviews. And nothing to play right now, so.

Ulysses 31

Ok. I finally bit the bullet and bought this. Not really a fan of no English dubs on games, but the Wii U hardly has any jRPG's, and despite it being in Japanese audio, it got some good reviews. And nothing to play right now, so.

giphy.gif

Frimaire

Yes.

Also, fuck having to go back to the Bloom Palace every 5 fights. I wish I could make new carnage unities within the dungeon.

I made it though the entire game without seeing zombie ailment once..
Also, have you tried fusing multiple carnages for each character and carrying them with you?
You can swap them out on the equipment screen without having to go back.

Gvitor

I made it though the entire game without seeing zombie ailment once..
Also, have you tried fusing multiple carnages for each character and carrying them with you?
You can swap them out on the equipment screen without having to go back.

Yes, I do that. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. At times I don't have enough materials to do more than one weapon per character at that time, stuff like this. I'm constantly having to go back, even more so now that I can upgrade already mastered weapons. Characters with watchfulness and Itsuki's carnage unity share skill make carnage leveling ridiculous fast, and I simply don't have enough items to keep various back-ups.

As for the zombie stat, I've only seen it in one battle so far, in the first story room in the ch. 4 dungeon. It's basically contagious confusion that doesn't heal with time. Only way I found to cure it is amrita (heals everything). I died 2 times in that fight and then I cheesed it with the SP skills.

Astral Dog

Finished the game the other day, does anyone thought it was funny/cute when Itsuki
sang at the credits?
after the whole game he never wanted to :p

Mbrill82

I finally got this game today! I've wanted it for so long but my wallets been tight recently.
I'm sure I'll be back here shortly with questions haha

RPGCrazied

Should get it on Monday! Any tips for someone starting out? And is there only really 2 playable male characters? The main and red haired guy?

RPGCrazied

Actually, there are 3 male playable characters.

Nice! Didn't even know that, though I really wasn't paying attention to this game after hearing it wasn't getting a dub, but nothing to play and the Wii U has like 2 jRPG's, I just had to get it. Plus I hear the music is cool and reviews were actually good for this game.

Haganeren

I think the only thing this game is lacking to scratch that Persona itch for me so far is a certain lack of
romance (although it does get hinted at
)

but that's a really, really minor gripe considering how good everything else feels

Oddly, MY gripe is that
every woman in this game seems to fall in love with the MC
which generally make me sigh a lot.

I don't feel the characters were really good... Even the story but the gameplay was very very good and i loved the dungeons.

Anyone have any tips to speed up the sidequest where you kill apparitions? So far I've been just running around and escaping hoping I get some apparitions to appear, and I think my brain is about to melt. There's an item or something to raise the encounter rate, no? That should help, shouldn't it? Then I just pray I get the right configuration?

Are there any places apparitions are more likely to be in the enemy configuration?

mingo

Finished this on normal with 76hours. I really enjoyed a majority of it, however it doesn't touch P4G overall. It did have better dungeons but the story, characters, voices and surprisingly the soundtrack wasn't as good as or as memorable as P4G. The sessions were cool at first but became a drag.

At least I got this one out the way, now to start another 50hr plus game, xenoblade x!

muteki

Finished the game. Went into the the last fight expecting to get smashed but managed to hold on somehow. Definitely one of those fights though that if I died I would be putting it away for a long time. Would not have made it without Microwave abuse, but surprised to survive at my level and ability.

Overall enjoyed the game but found most of what happens outside dungeons to be quite dull, or just off at least. Hard to really say. Last chapter or two overstayed its welcome. Put a lot more time into the game than I expected (60 hours or so) so I'm looking to play some shorter games next.

cwistofu

Beat this game the other day. REALLY enjoyed it. It's basically a Persona game and it's better than Persona 3, imo.

Loved the insane production values. Everything was well done, too. Wish this game had a lot more goodwill, it deserves to be played by more than the 20 of us who have bothered to check it out!

Astral Dog

Hehe, I saw your edit, but they all look like girls save the main guy and red haired guy.

So, what do you think so far? the lack of a dub is not that bad (except when they cut dialogue in battle), because, in the end the dub easily could have been horrible, not only the songs but names and stuff, its very japan/anime centric. you like get used to it.

As for the boys there are three main and
Barry, wich is supportive but also like part of the main cast with his own sidequests, i kinda liked him until the last one :/

RPGCrazied

So, what do you think so far? the lack of a dub is not that bad (except when they cut dialogue in battle), because, in the end the dub easily could have been horrible, not only the songs but names and stuff, its very japan/anime centric. you like get used to it.

As for the boys there are three main and
Barry, wich is supportive but also like part of the main cast with his own sidequests, i kinda liked him until the last one :/

Yeah, I don't get it until tomorrow(I buy almost every game on Amazon, lol), so I can't share impressions until then. And I'm sure I'll get over it, I mean its set in Tokyo , so everyone speaking Japanese is a given I guess.

-Horizon-

Came back after a month break from this game. Finally got to the start of chapter 5. Finished up Tsubasa's last side quest. That dress...lol.

Top Bottom