• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

random25

I completed the Daiba map, but I haven't gotten every loot in it. And I already got every Daitama loot but I haven't completed the map, even though it looks complete. What the heck?

I'm on the process of completing every dungeons in the game before finishing the game. Only Daitama, Daiba and the final one remain uncompleted at this point.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I completed the Daiba map, but I haven't gotten every loot in it. And I already got every Daitama loot but I haven't completed the map, even though it looks complete. What the heck?

I'm on the process of completing every dungeons in the game before finishing the game. Only Daitama, Daiba and the final one remain uncompleted at this point.
Daitama has more after you complete like 80% of final dungeon? Daiba, I dunno

Haroon

Well, I finished the game. The final dungeon was not difficult at all. It just required you to solve some very basic puzzles. I can understand why many people did not like it though. It can become tedious if you're constantly running into the wrong turns, or choosing the wrong teleport teleport location (I highly recommend carrying some Flashlights with you). It was a pretty fun game. I enjoyed the additional mechanics on top of the original persona combat system.

RPGCrazied

So close! End of chapter 1 boss. I'm level 10. At the end she killed everyone but Tsubasa. Then I was done, ugh. Didn't know she respawns her adds though. Maybe I should level more.

So close! End of chapter 1 boss. I'm level 10. At the end she killed everyone but Tsubasa. Then I was done, ugh. Didn't know she respawns her adds though. Maybe I should level more.

I think I was a solid 3-4 levels over that going into the fight and I still had her knock out one Itsuki several times. Level 10 probably wouldn't make for an easy fight.

Jeffrey

as with most atlus stuff, debuffs and buffs make a huge difference.

Still kinda lame how itsuki has barely any outfits. Feel like ive been wearing the same lame shit since the beginning.

Thanks. Looks like I have to continue with the story first. I wish unopened treasures encountered will appear on the map though.

Chests appear on the map if you interacted with them and didn't open them (because of inventory or locked chests)

Daiba endgame spoilers
Did you unlock the chests in the secret paths on the right side w/ Elly, Touma and Yashiro?

Curufinwe

I finished it last night with the True Ending.

Is there any reason to hang on to the game? I'm not going to play it again on NG+ so I think I should trade it in.

RPGCrazied

I think I was a solid 3-4 levels over that going into the fight and I still had her knock out one Itsuki several times. Level 10 probably wouldn't make for an easy fight.

Yeah, thanks. I'll just level more. I updated all my carnage and radiant unities.

Is there any reason to hang on to the game? I'm not going to play it again on NG+ so I think I should trade it in.

It becoming rare and not receive a reprint and being triple the price on eBay. It is from Atlus, and an obscure jRPG on the WIi U. Another reason I got it.

zroid

Banned
I finished it last night with the True Ending.

It becoming rare and not receive a reprint and being triple the price on eBay. It is from Atlus, and an obscure jRPG on the WIi U. Another reason I got it.

image.php

Jeffrey

I was trying to sell my copy (dumped it for the uncensor patch) a few days ago and no one bid for $42.

maybe i should just hold onto it.

Haroon

This is spoilers btw, but does anyone know
why did Tiki look up to the sky with a worried expression after defeating the S Dragon? Was there a boss fight cut? Or perhaps she was worried that she had to tell Itsuki that they were going to leave the human world?

random25

Chests appear on the map if you interacted with them and didn't open them (because of inventory or locked chests)

Daiba endgame spoilers
Did you unlock the chests in the secret paths on the right side w/ Elly, Touma and Yashiro?

I dunno but it does not appear. Only the unopened locked ones do.

About Daiba, yep I did that one. I saw the one I'm missing and realized that due to my inventory being full one treasure chest did not open. A bit annoying just to get that play record lol.

Jeffrey

Just finished up the game... wonder if production was rushed, final boss definitely feels like he was missing 1 or 2 more forms lol... heck some dialogue would have been nice?

Also love how the game basically
ends on a bad ending. Being the president of a company in the entertainment industry sounds like suicide.

Overall the writing and story was a big downer... for a Teen rated game, i'd expected more deep dive into the darker side of the entertainment industry, not this weirdly optimistic look into everything...

SPCTRE

Overall the writing and story was a big downer... for a Teen rated game, i'd expected more deep dive into the darker side of the entertainment industry, not this weirdly optimistic look into everything...
I don't know, the implications of a lot of the industry mechanisms at play in the game seem pretty fucking dark to me.

Hit a wall at the end of chapter 3. Having only three people in your party means if a single person dies, you're essentially fucked, because you have to lose a turn just reviving and you'll probably just get hit again as soon as you do so. If they target the same person and get a session, you're just constantly reviving, which means you can't heal the rest of your party, which means game over. I'd almost rather die instantly, because at least then I don't have to slowly lose the boss battle knowing the whole time that it's probably futile.

The only things I can think to do is try to rush the boss at the very start, or else grind for an hour or five.

Ulysses 31

Hit a wall at the end of chapter 3. Having only three people in your party means if a single person dies, you're essentially fucked, because you have to lose a turn just reviving and you'll probably just get hit again as soon as you do so. If they target the same person and get a session, you're just constantly reviving, which means you can't heal the rest of your party, which means game over. I'd almost rather die instantly, because at least then I don't have to slowly lose the boss battle knowing the whole time that it's probably futile.

The only things I can think to do is try to rush the boss at the very start, or else grind for an hour or five.

Also worth buying latest rings from Carabia Jewelry.

HawthorneKitty

Eh you gain SP every time you get hit so it could lead to something.

zroid

Banned
Don't bother with savage enemies early on. Always have a bunch of smoke machines ready so you can always run away.

yeah, I wasn't paying attention to enemy levels, so I never noticed they were well above me. Just finished Ch 1, miiight be able to take that thing on now.

prob build up my SP first c:

Ulysses 31

yeah, I wasn't paying attention to enemy levels, so I never noticed they were well above me. Just finished Ch 1, miiight be able to take that thing on now.

prob build up my SP first c:

Savage Enemies lvl up with you so they're probably still too strong at this point >.>

mrmickfran

Always took on Savage enemies no matter what.

A real man never backs from a challenge.

The only reason why I do it is because I can save anywhere. No real risk.

vareon

This is spoilers btw, but does anyone know
why did Tiki look up to the sky with a worried expression after defeating the S Dragon? Was there a boss fight cut? Or perhaps she was worried that she had to tell Itsuki that they were going to leave the human world?

I just finished the game and I got the impression it's the latter.

HawthorneKitty

ok, fuck the
secret boss. fuck this cleric at the end of the fight. seriously....
lol ya, I underestimated it the first time and he went on to build up his Almighty to start one-shoting everyone, but I pulled out the win when I got him back down

AniHawk

finished it and at the end of it all it really did feel like fe/persona. the style is the latter, but the story almost makes it into a fire emblem in modern times. i thought the fire emblem stuff would just be window dressing, but it plays a bigger part of the main threat of the game.

so i guess i can just echo everyone else's sentiments: fun battle system, nice dungeons and bosses, but weak story and forgettable characters. in a positive way, it reminded me of a ps2-era rpg.

Astral Dog

Just finished up the game... wonder if production was rushed, final boss definitely feels like he was missing 1 or 2 more forms lol... heck some dialogue would have been nice?

Also love how the game basically
ends on a bad ending. Being the president of a company in the entertainment industry sounds like suicide.

???
I thought it was a good enough sequence. FE song and all.
Medeus
was typical FE generic doomsday boss/
dragon
and the true villain already defeated, if you like Itsuki you will like the ending.

Also, its the only boss in the whole game
To have two phases and a special stage without spectators
Also it might be because at that point you arrive overpowered with lots of upgrades.

As for the last boss, i think it might be my imagination but its ultimate attack hurted my party on Easy difficulty, i thought it was supposed to one hit kill you unless you have Skill protection, until i replayed it on normal.

Astral Dog

finished it and at the end of it all it really did feel like fe/persona. the style is the latter, but the story almost makes it into a fire emblem in modern times. i thought the fire emblem stuff would just be window dressing, but it plays a bigger part of the main threat of the game.

so i guess i can just echo everyone else's sentiments: fun battle system, nice dungeons and bosses, but weak story and forgettable characters. in a positive way, it reminded me of a ps2-era rpg.
The presentation and soundtrack (yes the non jpop too) i thought was very nice too and deserves to be mentioned

Liad times though :S

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Vending machines = "sleep". The further you get in the game, the less of an issue money is to buy a soda from the machines to refill health.

Jeffrey

One thing that bummed me out the most is how underwhelming the 'out of dungeon' stuff is. Like it's missing the half of modern persona games which I liked the most lol.

wish there was more than just a few flimsy side quests and more stuff to do in the real world.

HawthorneKitty

How did you
prevent the clerics from healing him?
They were weak to swords right? I assume I killed one with Itsuki normally and know that I swapped in Yashiro to do an SP, though I guess any session should do. They spawn twice as you make your way down, so you gotta be ready.

Soul Lab

They were weak to swords right? I assume I killed one with Itsuki normally and know that I swapped in Yashiro to do an SP, though I guess any session should do. They spawn twice as you make your way down, so you gotta be ready.

ok thanks. I have to check out if I can beat them in one session.

Wait, there's a
secret boss battle
? How exactly do you access it?

It's a request only available in NG+

AniHawk

The presentation and soundtrack (yes the non jpop too) i thought was very nice too and deserves to be mentioned

Liad times though :S

yeah it was very good from that standpoint. i am always impressed when anime creatures don't look like monsters in 3d.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's a request only available in NG+
Ahhh, no wonder I didn't know about it.

Maybe one of these days, I should go back & try to attempt that along with finishing up the arena, though considering my backlog & the other games coming out this year, I probably will just quick look up a video on YouTube. Is there anything you gain from beating that?

random25

Finished the game! 80hrs ain't that bad considering the grinding for those 6-star thingies and some of those play records lol.

Great game! Given the solid foundation Atlus laid for this game, I really hope for a sequel to happen.

Soul Lab

7 play records left for the 100%. this game man. I LOVE IT!

things like won battles, won savage battles, heal counts etc carries over to lunatic, right?

zroid

Banned
In Chapter 2 right now, I'm pretty impressed with the dungeons so far. They're interesting enough that it makes up for relatively barebones outside world.

Top Bottom