• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Underground 2 - first screens

AeroGod said:
OMFG Madden is still football even after 11 years. WTF. Where is my gun they need to add FPS and RPG elements and lots of killing so tis awesome like every otehr game I like. NO bullet time so its not revolutionary. LOL if u buy MAdden 2005 u r a sheep. HAHA

So what if its more skateboarding? Its a, duh, sports game. Not an RPG or an adventure game. Madden comes out every year with the same shit and nobody says anything. They're both sports game, just because THUG attempt to brake the mold and add a storyline and make it more fun then your average sports game doesnt mean it isnt one.

You are a wise man drowning in the sea of ignorance that is this thread.

Grubdog

Banned
Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about the graphics? I enjoyed THUG, and all signs point to me enjoying this as well.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I still say 2x is the best looking game in the series.. and for my money the old level designs were better.. starting with 3 (and the bonus levels in 2x) they became more JSRF and less THPS... it started playing like a strange platformer.. jump here, grind here, jump here, reach hard to get place..

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Grubdog said:
Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about the graphics? I enjoyed THUG, and all signs point to me enjoying this as well.

+1

Agent X

Grubdog said:

I too enjoyed the earlier Tony Hawk games, and I think this is also shaping up to be another enjoyable game in the series.

However, I do agree with some of the people here who said that the graphics in these screens look rather bland. I just hope that they're early (perhaps still using some placeholder models) and that the final result looks much better. As it stands now, even Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 looked better graphically.

I have faith that the final game will deliver the goods, at least in terms of gameplay. :)

Oh, and it's still going to be playable online on PlayStation 2! The face mapping function is back, too. Hopefully they'll add headset support for voice chat--that's about the only thing lacking on Tony Hawk's Underground that I would've liked.

BeOnEdge said:
why hasnt konami combated THPS with a new skate or die yet? lester>>>>tony hawk.

Ask Electronic Arts about it. They're the ones who made Skate or Die.

are the graphics really that important for this game? Who cares it's not like the game would be any better if it was made for the Xbox.

BuddyChrist83 said:
ah, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x. Still the only edition I truly love.

I really need to pick this game up.

The DC version of THPS2 was what really got me into the series and I played the hell out of it. Really enjoyed it. It's suprisingly hard to go back to with the framerate seeming quite bad by today's standards. I got THPS3 for Cube and it was pretty good and had a good time with it. By the time 4 had rolled out I was already starting to get sick of the series. Didn't have nearly anywhere near as much fun. They really need to lay off on the yearly sequels IMO. I know it's a "sports" game but is that a good excuse to milk the franchise dry? To be honest I don;t know how anyone can buy yearly updates of Madden and the like.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looking up Skate or Die info, Electronic Arts name has come up several times...but so has Ultra Games (Konami).

There were two title screens, at least, with EA on one and UG on another. It seems that EA probably developed the game, though, and Ultra just published it for NES...

Yeah, EA definitely developed it (back when they were small and decent) because I remember their old school logo so clearly on my Commodore 64 version. My favorite C64 game ever. Skating to the different levels was a freaking bitch though. It took forever to load those levels.

I stopped at Part 3. Same shit different visuals. It's fun, but tired. They need to move on from this game... or at least wait longer before putting another version out.

aku:jiki

clipunderground said:
I stopped at Part 3. Same shit different visuals.
Funny. If you stopped at three, how can you possibly say they're the same shit? Two added manuals, three added reverts, both of which are moves that completely change the way you play the game. I really don't see how that's the "same shit"?

If by same shit you mean that you, uh, skateboard...well...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
920660_20040727_screen001.jpg

920660_20040727_screen002.jpg

920660_20040727_screen003.jpg

920660_20040727_screen004.jpg

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Is that last pic the college???? Wario please tell me the college map is in THUG2!!!!!!!!!

wipeout364

I was the biggest Tony HAwk Fan right from number one. But I have to say they have beat it out of me with so many sequels. I think it started with four, I never finished all of it a first for me, as I played all of 1, 2, 3 and 2x, and then I didn't buy THUG the day it came out like the others and when I did pick it reduced in price I played it for probably a couple of hours. I need a couple years off I'm just burned out on this.

DCX

DCX
Sho Nuff said:
920660_20040727_screen004.jpg

Holy shit, now that is retarded
Wacky clown shit! I'm all for goofy, but when you switch the theme from realistic skateboarding to goofy skateboarding without warning...i'm going to be a bit pissed.

DCX

DCX

DCX
skip said:
when was THPS ever about realistic skateboarding? :)
Well you know what i mean. NBA Live sometimes is unrelaistic when mark price can dunk the ball, but realistic in that you don't jump 800 feet and do a 900 to dunk a ball. I know THPS has some really out there moves but it's not goofy. Meh...either you're on the same page or not :p

DCX

Top Bottom