• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human / Dennis Dyack article in the Toronto Star

Speevy

Banned
I'm not very interested in what these guys have to say unless it specifically pertains to an upcoming game (Aonuma, Miyamoto talking about Zelda) or it's funny (Tim Schafer).

duckroll said:
So what exactly has he said about the GAME itself that makes it sound even remotely like a paradigm-shift for the "changing industry"? And what exactly is a "Poetics for videogames" besides "wankery dialogue and onscreens done way too seriously for anyone to care"? I would like some answers to these questions before he should be allowed to talk about Too Human ever again. :p

:|

Chrono

Banned
duckroll said:
So what exactly has he said about the GAME itself that makes it sound even remotely like a paradigm-shift for the "changing industry"? And what exactly is a "Poetics for videogames" besides "wankery dialogue and onscreens done way too seriously for anyone to care"? I would like some answers to these questions before he should be allowed to talk about Too Human ever again. :p

his vision of a great game is great production values + epic story + lots of pretty and moody cinematic stuff.

never heard of him talk about gameplay. :lol

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Paradigm shift? From Dyack? :lol

I hope Too Human bombs just so that SK goes under and I don't have to put up with Dyack's pretentious bullshit philosophy and own-cock sucking

saz

Banned
Dez said:

""Video games aren't viewed, by and large, as an art form and we want to push it to where it is," he said. "We think we're in the middle of a paradigm shift right now. I truly believe gaming is really going to change culture, and we're trying to respond to that."

Yeah, good luck with that.

:lol

Top Bottom