• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Took a few weeks off from work. Looking for a relaxing game to sink in to.

images

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
A modern old school side scroller?

My guy. How long has it been since you gamed?

The mega man zero collection perhaps? It’s not modern per se but it should do the job.

The latest one that launched but I think it may be more of a metroidvania is that one you play as a cowboy chick? Forgot the name. Has a steam punk world.

Edit: Gestalt Steam and Cinder.

Last edited:
Am I the only one thinking the term "relaxing" doesn't really refer to anything objective / specific in the context of video games? I can't count the number of threads on here were people cite their personal favourite "relaxing" games and you get basically everything from Minecraft over Bloodborne to Mushihimesama. Ask three people, get four different answers.

Shubh_C63

Death Stranding was pretty relaxing for me.

I don't know if VALHEIM survival is considered relaxing. It relaxes me.

Hogwarts. I bounded off it quick in 2023 but I just wasn't in the mood then. Started a new file and it's got it's hooks in me for sure.

Boralf

Sort of modern day Rollercoaster Tycoon. Always relaxing to just build some theme parks and make them look nice. You can also play it co-op if you want.

Last edited:

Holammer

Seconded on Spyro Trilogy, it's proper old school (PS1 games) with a nice fresh coat of paint and it's quite relaxing. Play on PC if you can, because console versions are left in a sorry state with 30fps max only. Now that MS owns them? Go back and fix 'em already.

Crosscode is also highly recommended. Imagine an action-rpg on the Saturn which everyone collectively forgot about and rediscovered. That's what it feels like to play it. Great gameplay, music and authentic looking pixel art. The story is simple and does not overstay its welcome. It is a pinch harder tho.

Top Bottom