• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Took a few weeks off from work. Looking for a relaxing game to sink in to.

Codes 208

All systems? Super mario wonder, 7 days to die (zombie survival game, but turn off blood moons and its essentially minecraft), oh also minecraft

Terraria, stardew valley, palworld, pokemon legends arceus, kirby and the forgotten land

No wait, power washer simulator

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
No Man's Sky is in a really good place now. Playing it myself and the game has finally clicked, after a couple of years of not feeling it. It's almost a must play experience now.
I bought it at launch on PS4 and later on Steam Deck (played just a little on that). But just this last week, I pulled out my PS4 copy and popped it into my PS5. Went to the Sony store and downloaded a free PS5 upgrade. It downloaded the PS5 version and all updates (to the new 5.0 Worlds update). Been playing it and really liking it after dropping the original PS4 version after a month or so back when it came out.

BigBeauford

giphy.gif

OP:
hannibal-buress.gif

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Forza horizon 5 is perfect. You control all assists. The OST just gets you going, no history for you to even give ang attention, cars to test and tune every 15 minutes or less, you don't even needs to race, can just explore.

It's not a side scroller, but if you want to chill then I'd say Stardew Valley would have you covered. Little bit of combat, farming, fishing and all sorts. It's a great way to unwind I've found.

Just seen others mention Terraria, which is also another great game.

Last edited:

thief183

But half the fun of Terraria is learning as you go.
While I agree, I think it is s a game where at the start you need to use a guide if you want to relax, without it is better but not relaxing 😉

And also I was referring to using the "guide" that tells you the recipes for stuff (the in game NPC)

amigastar

I would say Gothic 1 and 2 but the first one gets a remake soon, so i don't know if you wanna wait for it, but Gothic 2 is awesome with such great atmosphere.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

$30 and you’re set with a lot of options.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Get on Grounded. Play a bit of the campaign to unlock a few bits, then spend ages building an amazing base/house.

SHA

What's the name of the crazy 2d shooter game? I don't remember it but it's really fun like Far cry blood dragon.

I just finished "A space for the unbound ". What an emotional ride...i literally couldnt put my SD down for hours while playing it. Ots about a 10is hr game. Theres some heavy, dark themes as well. You will probably cry at some point but its a relaxing title to get sucked into.

cormack12

Gold Member
RDR2. One of THE greatest videogame story presentations ever.

The writing. The voice acting. Top notch stuff.
100% this op. Just take your time, when it gets dark, camp up and brew a coffee. When that daybreak hits, go hunting, help around the camp or just mosey on through the world.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Balatro or Dave the Diver.

reezoo

Taking a few weeks sabbatical. Wife and i are heading to a cabin next week. That leaves this week. Not looking for something super intense. Open to almost anything that isn’t anime.

Modern old school side scroller maybe. I don’t know. Give me some ideas lol.
Try beating Promised Consort Radhan, very relaxing, I am relaxing for last few weeks : )

Top Bottom