• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

"When a woman lies, a real man forgives her"

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

Because the Pluton still exists. So they're kept as a counter-measure against the real thing.

Was that mentioned in a previous arc or is that mentioned in the future? Like I vaguely remember if being a plot point in Alabasta but it wasn't confirmed that it actually existed or was in working condition just that Crocodile et al. were looking for it (if my memory is right)

daveo42

Banned
It cannot touch the Summit War arc.

There were really good moments throughout and a lot of shattering events, but this arc is constantly in that mode with a really good payoffs sprinkled here and there. I'd say the best arc might end up being the current one.

So, Robin joined with CP9 to protect the Straw Hats, but....why did CP9 even need her? They seemed pretty capable themselves.

Because she can revive the ancient weapon pluton which has the power to end the pirate age (and destroy the world)

The plans Iceburg and Franky had was designed to be a counter to pluton and is just as powerful, they were going after that when Robin showed up and they decided to go after two prizes instead of one.

"When a woman lies, a real man forgives her"

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

Was that mentioned in a previous arc or is that mentioned in the future. Like I vaguely remember if being a plot point in Alabasta but it was confirmed that it actually existed or was in working condition just that Crocodile et al. were looking for it (if my memory is right)

Pluton is hidden in Alabasta, Crocodile attempted to conquer the entire country to make it his so he could dominate the world and find One Piece

Jintor

what's with the music?

it's my considered opinion that rin's hairclips are adorable

/edit two tails?

/edit oh these rent-a-cops know about exorcism i guess

Tamanon

Banned
Because she can revive the ancient weapon pluton which has the power to end the pirate age (and destroy the world)

The plans Iceburg and Franky had was designed to be a counter to pluton and is just as powerful, they were going after that when Robin showed up and they decided to go after two prizes instead of one.

I mean...that seems like something that Robin wouldn't actually do though. Doesn't make sense to me. Sure, loyalty is great and all, but destroying the world seems like it would be a bad thing versus losing your friends.

Magwik

Banned
There were really good moments throughout and a lot of shattering events, but this arc is constantly in that mode with a really good payoffs sprinkled here and there. I'd say the best arc might end up being the current one.

There is no way Summit War arc is worse than Thriller Bark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom