• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
................hang on. was Tom (later One Piece sorta spoilers that won't affect anything if you read them)
a Sun Pirate?

Hmmm
I don't think so, the events of this flashback take place before Fisher Tiger formed the Sun Pirates. Those tattoos were probably just a coincidence.

bigkrev

That seems rather weird they'd execute him just because Gold Roger happened to own the ship.

Eeehhhh, Titanfall. Why is "it's only on this system" considered a negative?
Because why the fuck would anyone buy an Xbox One?

It's a PC game for all intents and purpose.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So they're gonna execute him for building a ship?

That seems stupid.

This was immediately after the execution of Gold Roger. At this time, the World Government was trying to make an example out of Roger and everyone they could find who was associated with him. This was an attempt to try to stamp out the growing pirate threat.

This, of course, all backfired with Roger's execution giving him the public platform to announce the existence of One Piece and instigate the Great Pirate Era.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I will say this, this flashback feels SO much better placed than that one back in the Skypiea arc.

daveo42

Banned
................hang on. was Tom (later One Piece sorta spoilers that won't affect anything if you read them)
a Sun Pirate?

Oh fuck...
Does he have the sun tattoo? Can't remember if he was included in that group during that arc.

Nice avatar there Okabe...

Executed just because you built a ship for a dude? Unless Tom was actually part of Gold Roger's crew that seems super extreme. Are we going to send every car manufacturer to jail because one of their products was used as a getaway car?

It's basically a red scare equivalent in the OP world, if you kill everything and everyone related to the creation of the pirate king/pirate era it'll send a message the government is "strong on pirates" and will dissuade the pirate era

Executed just because you built a ship for a dude? Unless Tom was actually part of Gold Roger's crew that seems super extreme. Are we going to send every car manufacturer to jail because one of their products was used as a getaway car?

the World Government wants a big secret weapon to kill all pirates. they're kinda nuts.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Not sure how I feel about the new bump music. One Piece had the best one, but these new beats aren't doing anything for me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So basically "Lulz sorry you can sell ships to anyone but just so happened you sold one to someone we didn't like so DEATH"....

Semi cryptic spoiler. Don't read if you don't want to know.
Killing someone who has any relationship with the pirate king seems like foreshadowing of things to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom