• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.
37839.png

Hype.

Seda

oh right, adult swim april fools

last year was cat heads superimposed on some of their normal shows, right?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've fallen so low in the post rankings. I am a true disgrace. Also, smdh people hating on Bobobo. Never thought i'd see the day.

After tax season ends I'll start covering canon Naruto again, that'll give you something to talk about.

Last year was new perfect hair.

Grexeno

So yeah, Adult Swim commenters naming airing DBZ Kai as a top fail are clearly a mix of obnoxious fans of the old old version and Shard's 7000 alts.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
oh right, adult swim april fools

last year was cat heads superimposed on some of their normal shows, right?

I think that was two years ago
Last year was a new episode of Perfect Hair Forever. After it was cancelled 7 years ago.

There used to be a list on Wikipedia but it was removed for some reason.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
She's basically a new born in that episode and it's a sandwich, even though it has some truly stemmy looking greens poking out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I stand by that while not amazing Fairy Tail would do well on Toonami. It's well animated, the art is gorgeous, and it's quite funny. Yes, every fight ends basically the same exact way, no, it's on a whole new level beyond Naruto/DBZ/One Piece when it comes to this (I was going to say Bleach but everything in Bleach does actually end the same exact way)

BatDan

Grexeno

The original manga by novelist Takaya Kagami (The Legend of the Legendary Heroes, A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives), manga creator Daisuke Furuya, and manga artist Yamato Yamamoto takes place in a world where an unknown virus has killed the entire human population except for children. Those children were then enslaved by vampires. The manga centers on Yūichirō Hyakuya, a human who dreams of becoming strong enough to kill all vampires.

This description. I'm on the floor.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TOONAMI has no luck with Vampires. The good one they aired messed up the schedule, the other two made an incredible power hour of suck.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
After I finish up catching up with One Piece I'm going to start watching some dubs again. DRRR, Fate/Zero sound likely starting places.

LOLDSFAN

Top 5 Toonami fails from the fans.

Pft airing the original DBZ would have been a fail. I'm loving the pace of Kai so far.

I bet toonami expands in some form come fall

It's cool if it does, but I highly prefer the leaner version.

After I finish up catching up with One Piece I'm going to start watching some dubs again. DRRR, Fate/Zero sound likely starting places.

Soooo whatever happened to those Extra Edition GIFs, or did I just miss the post?

bigkrev

I'm a pretty big fan of Seraph of the End, but have no idea how it's being turned into an Anime at this point, because they haven't ended the first major story arc yet.

It starts pretty strong, so the first episode or 2 should be pretty great at least.

It's this one sentence. "Those children were then enslaved by vampires." Like I'm reading the dregs of Fanfiction.net

At risk of SPOILING the show, it's not something that really comes up past the first 2 or 3 chapters, really.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Soooo whatever happened to those Extra Edition GIFs, or did I just miss the post?

Ran out of time making them and decided to take it easy, sleep late, beat DR2 and watch Wrestlemania on Sunday. I am taking pretty much the rest of the week off after working late tomorrow and don't have anything going on until Tuesday so I'll get them done Thursday or Friday.

I'm a pretty big fan of Seraph of the End, but have no idea how it's being turned into an Anime at this point, because they haven't ended the first major story arc yet.

It starts pretty strong, so the first episode or 2 should be pretty great at least.

It's being turned into an anime because Studio Wit struck gold with Attack on Titan and I think they're hoping to do the same with Seraph of the End. They're also only doing 12 episodes so they can easily bail out into a filler end if the show doesn't do well.

AOT level pacing incoming?

Same studio I'd say that's a high probability

bigkrev

It's being turned into an anime because Studio Wit struck gold with Attack on Titan and I think they're hoping to do the same with Seraph of the End. They're also only doing 12 episodes so they can easily bail out into a filler end if the show doesn't do well.

Same studio I'd say that's a high probability
Ah, ok, there is probably enough to do 12 episodes, with the final one ending with what happened in the most recent chapter (obviously shifted to an earlier point in the story). Not really much action though.

Ah, ok, there is probably enough to do 12 episodes, with the final one ending with what happened in the most recent chapter (obviously shifted to an earlier point in the story). Not really much action though.

Yeah they did the same thing with AoT shuffling scenes around to make it's final episode feel like a decent stopping spot with a tease for next season.

Crocodile

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-31/funimation-to-stream-seraph-of-the-end-anime/.86585

That news article says Seraph of the End is split cour - 12 episodes this spring and then another 12 episodes this fall for 24 episodes this year. Hopefully the midseason break means WIT can get its production schedules in order and not let the shit that plagued AoT happen again.

Also LOL at "all the adults die so kids have to be the protagonists" SMH. I guess the fact that this bothers me though means I'm getting old I guess :p

BatDan

Please please please let that news about Anno working on a new Godzilla not be an april fools joke.

It's more than likely an April Fool's joke, but if it were real it would be glorious.
It would be the Kamen Rider Gaim of Godzilla.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...d-anime/.86585

That news article says Seraph of the End is split cour - 12 episodes this spring and then another 12 episodes this fall for 24 episodes this year. Hopefully the midseason break means WIT can get its production schedules in order and not let the shit that plagued AoT happen again.

Also LOL at "all the adults die so kids have to be the protagonists" SMH. I guess the fact that this bothers me though means I'm getting old I guess :p

TBF WIT was basically going to go out of business and was only saved by the fact that AoT became the golden goose.

Also I'm interested in seeing who licenses both Rinne and Arslan, the former seems like the kind of show Viz would pick up especially with it being done by the InuYasha author. That's another show that could easily be Toonami bound in the next 2-3 years if it does well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom