• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Half Life 3 confirmed
to not show up.

Should be interesting to see all the new tech at E3 for PC. We are about to hit that leap again it seems.

BBboy20

Half Life 3 confirmed
to not show up.

Should be interesting to see all the new tech at E3 for PC. We are about to hit that leap again it seems.
I've read about that 16nm tech but I don't want to wait any longer so I'm hoping Witcher 3 will have benchmarks a week or two before release so I can decide with GFX card to get.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really want to like my new android smart phone but who the hell decided to NOT make it so apps can be directly installed right onto the Micro SD card. So many games I want downloaded, but the internal memory suucckkksss (barely over 1GB) & I gotta jump through so many loops just to get more space.

Oh well, can add it to my list of techomplishments, seeing as I THINK I'm close.

Least I can take a break when I go see both Avengers & Age of Ultron later today for free in THREEEEEEEEE DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

BBboy20

I really want to like my new android smart phone but who the hell decided to NOT make it so apps can be directly installed right onto the Micro SD card. So many games I want downloaded, but the internal memory suucckkksss (barely over 1GB) & I gotta jump through so many loops just to get more space.

Oh well, can add it to my list of techomplishments, seeing as I THINK I'm close.

Least I can take a break when I go see both Avengers & Age of Ultron later today for free in THREEEEEEEEE DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I've recently have an internal struggle with smart devices. See: I never really had my own until I was gifted a IPod last Christmas. Recently had my suspicions confirmed that anything smart that also doesn't have the Gs is going the way of the dodo, I'm in a conflict of interest between actually getting a all-in-1 device or just multitask between a wi-fi only gizmo and sticking with buttons for my cell phone. Yes, this conflict revolves around still pushing buttons but recently being exposed to the "smart" life, I'm not sure. I've actually tried out the new iPhone at a kiosk with it's typing and...it seems like touchscreen has improved but...I still live and die by buttons. I noticed there were smart phones that also had keyboards but it seems like they're already dead so I missed that boat. I'm also in iTunes ecosystem so apparently Apple just makes nothing but touchscreens.

Also, apparently, I am seeing Avengers on Monday so my internet blackout will be longer...hopefully not when it comes to Toonami.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've recently have an internal struggle with smart devices. See: I never really had my own until I was gifted a IPod last Christmas. Recently had my suspicions confirmed that anything smart that also doesn't have the Gs is going the way of the dodo, I'm in a conflict of interest between actually getting a all-in-1 device or just multitask between a wi-fi only gizmo and sticking with buttons for my cell phone. Yes, this conflict revolves around still pushing buttons but recently being exposed to the "smart" life, I'm not sure. I've actually tried out the new iPhone at a kiosk with it's typing and...it seems like touchscreen has improved but...I still live and die by buttons. I noticed there were smart phones that also had keyboards but it seems like they're already dead so I missed that boat. I'm also in iTunes ecosystem so apparently Apple just makes nothing but touchscreens.
Yeah, I get what you mean. I only finally gave in because both the phone ($50) & the monthly plan ($20) were rather affordable, I was starting to remember all the apps I could do (well, GAMES), and my dad wanted me to get one for a while, plus we might be able to get rid of our landline that mainly is used to inform us of telemarketers.

I was using the phone to check Neogaf yesterday & while I will admit it's rather useful for CHECKING stuff, it's still going to take some time for me to get used to touchscreen typing when using my laptop is just so much faster.

bigkrev

I basically use the smart features of my phone for NeoGAF and Twitter.

Those, and Instapaper. The only gamea I actually play on my phone is Threes and Hearthstone, but I always download new ones, normally deleting them before booting them a single time.

Jarate

Banned
Yeah, I get what you mean. I only finally gave in because both the phone ($50) & the monthly plan ($20) were rather affordable, I was starting to remember all the apps I could do (well, GAMES), and my dad wanted me to get one for a while, plus we might be able to get rid of our landline that mainly is used to inform us of telemarketers.

I was using the phone to check Neogaf yesterday & while I will admit it's rather useful for CHECKING stuff, it's still going to take some time for me to get used to touchscreen typing when using my laptop is just so much faster.

once you're able to browse gaf while pooping in a public restroom, you'll understand its beauty and grace

daveo42

Banned
I basically use the smart features of my phone for NeoGAF and Twitter.

I use mine mostly as an ultra portable device to stay connected, meaning email access, social media access, and NeoGAF browsing. Occasionally some web browsing as well.

That plus Youtube.
Ip don't really like mobile games all that much. Plus it kills the battery life.

The youtube app is pretty sweet. As for games, I haven't really found any that keep my interest outside of that Steven Universe game and I only played that while I was at home or tethered to an outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom