• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked... a good chunk of this series.

But that ending.

It's like if you had writer's block and decided the best course of action was to bash your head against the keyboard.

Well this was a weird way to finish out the series but I guess Parasyte was a shonen series only in that it needed the medium to deliver its message. I enjoyed the series overall, even with all the sermons about how we suck. Really took a dive for the final episode but the the series was enjoyable enough throughout that I'd be willing to watch it again. In conclusion, I give Parasyte 8 Real Shinichis out of 10. Time for Samurai Champloo.

Parasyte is seinen. Even back then, the kind of gore it showed in the manga wouldn't fly in shounen (outside of like one magazine).

latest

Moaradin

I enjoyed parasyte overall. Voice acting besides Shinichi was surprisingly solid for a Sentai show too which was kinda surprising.

I feel like I've heard this every week.

All the voices outside of Shinichi were solid for the most part, especially Migi. The problem is that Shinichi is the emotional core of the show. It's a damn shame the main character got the worst of it. So many strong scenes were hampered.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is it wrong that I kind of want to see the Parasyte & Fairy Tail crossover animated now? And I don't like Fairy Tail.

I'll admit, Parasyte was tolerable at times, maybe decent. But it is a cold reminder that it is a Sentai dub.

I need to bathe in Shiki No Uta.

Was that Lunchables Taco thing real?

.......okay, that Lunchables commercial was actually kind of funny

It actually exists yes

also I'm not sure what' worse another love interest dying or migi suddenly waking up and saving her

No, but seriously, guys, how about that fucking scream at 18:55? http://www.crunchyroll.com/parasyte-the-maxim-/episode-24-parasyte-668327

also this is the first time I've heard the japanese version....yeah that sounded quite painful

ckohler

Most of Parasyte was good stuff. That ending was not good, though. I don't expect a full explanation but a little about the actual parasites and maybe what happened or where they came from would have been nice. I'm glad Murano didn't die but this was pretty anticlimactic. Filling over 50 percent of your finale with just long winded monologues about how humans are terrible is not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom