• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm starting to feel like this should've been a 24 episode series but was made to be 12 episodes.

GIRL, PUT THAT VIBRATING, LONG ROD-SHAPED OBJECT DOWN
I said that exact thing last week
somebody didnt give them the budget for 24 episodes

Soulflarz

Banned
I don't think the confusion is so much about what's happening, but why it matters and why we should care.

Like why is a new main villain suddenly being introduced in these flashbacks.

This is my view

I fully understand every sentence that is being said
I don't understand why they're saying it

It'd be hilarious if he shoved her in there and shut the door.

Crocodile

I don't think the confusion is so much about what's happening, but why it matters and why we should care.

Like why is a new main villain suddenly being introduced in these flashbacks.

yeah i just...don't give a shit. and i think it's pretty poorly framed, all things considered. they've portrayed this as some big mystery for pretty much no reason and written this all to be intentionally vague and mysterious until now, when they decide to throw everything at you

Bingo Bango Bongo

This could have been explained in a much more straight forward fashion but it seems it wasn't done so for "reasons".

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think this suffers from similar problems as Final Act: Trying to do waaaaay too much within an episode because of how few episodes it has.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Like I said, this all makes sense but the way everything unfolds is so dense and compact there is not time to breathe or process everything.

Me during the most of the first half:
giphy.gif

Moaradin

I agree that the pacing for this show is all over the place but a lot of people seem genuinely confused on what's going on, which I don't get. This episode has been pretty standard anime exposition dumps so far.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Like I said, this all makes sense but the way everything unfolds is so dense and compact there is not time to breathe or process everything.

I feel like all of this makes complete sense in context...........but the context is completely and utterly missing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I agree that the pacing for this show is all over the place but a lot of people seem genuinely confused on what's going on, which I don't get.
I would say it's because it's trying to cram so much in, it's less being confused & more trying to comprehend everything that's being said, which is a bit hard when you're trying to comment at the same time. Which goes with the whole "this should've had more episodes to space out these plot dumps"

Seda

I think the root of the problem is all the exposition is dumped in a dense fashion, but the show hasn't gained my interested enough to this point to entice me in giving it my full attention.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
oh okay so the shadow guys behind them represent whoever controls that sphere

I understand something

Korigama

Sometimes I feel this show tries to do way too much at once. It's Final Act-like pacing.

I think this suffers from similar problems as Final Act: Trying to do waaaaay too much within an episode because of how few episodes it has.
More or less. Doesn't lend itself well to dividing attention between posting and viewing at the same time when there's so much to account for per episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom